Another Insipid Performance At ANZ

Watch a press conference from Kenny Lowe and ask me if he does the same thing as Popa does.

Might belong in the unpopular opinions thread, but I was right behind that shot for the 1st goal and it was moving all over the place. Redmayne should do better but not a straightforward one by any means. When your bigger attacking threat is a left back you know it's looking bleak.

He fell on his knees before the shot was anywhere near him.

Watch a press conference from Kenny Lowe and ask me if he does the same thing as Popa does.

Might belong in the unpopular opinions thread, but I was right behind that shot for the 1st goal and it was moving all over the place. Redmayne should do better but not a straightforward one by any means. When your bigger attacking threat is a left back you know it's looking bleak.

i never been able to watch Kenny without slipping into a deep sleep

i never been able to watch Kenny without slipping into a deep sleep

I like KL, and just like popa is not going to disrespect their players publicly even if that guy is getting the treatment....what happens inside the change shed is a different matter. If you want truth a presser is not where you're going to find it

A few points here:

Would you rather an owner that is in for the long haul or would you prefer to be a rich man's boy toy who will get thrown out the window as soon as **** hits the fan. Too many clubs out there mismanaged by bad owners. We are hurting & pissed off, but getting the club to write a blank cheque is not the answer. Money is being spent (third highest wage budget last year), owners not taking money out of the club & money being invested into facilities + youth system.

The squad is spread thin, you have no game changers off the bench but when your recruitment isn't spot on & you use the cap across all 23 + youth players that is the result. Baccus, Sotirio & Scott are not game changers, but it was planned this way for ACL. Had it not being for poor results & players yet to hit form, I assume he would have already started rotating by now.

Popa talking about the team like he did was no surprise. It is all about the public face he puts out, no doubt the boys would have got a rocket from him in private & a tough week on the training field. He would be furious at what happened but it isn't good to air your dirty laundry in public. The way he talks was as much for the fans to keep faith as much as the players. You saw how easily the confidence broke after that second goal, lambasting they boys in public isn't good for the confidence & cracks start appearing in the squad. He is playing the game. I still think our team can come good but you wonder when it will happen or if it will happen this season.

I have to agree with the comments above, getting absolutely walked over by Victory & Easts have to stop. I don't care if we can't score but FFS the leaking of goals must stop. If we concede 1, doesn't mean we can concede 3!

Last night, even during the season when we were winning 1-0 at times, we look so vulnerable to the counter. Last night, Victory rode out long periods of pressure & countered with being clinical in front of goals something that almost every team we face seems to have! Don't know how he fixes it, but again it looks to be a recruitment problem. Need someone with some pace at CB, time to bring back Hamil?

does popa and co think we are ******* stupid? there is trying to keep the faith up and there is delusion

i knew we were going to ******* lose just like i know we are going to lose the next derby, ******* sydney fc could be last on 0 ******* points and we could be at the top with 30 ******* points and we would manage to ******* piss it away because we choke more than Mia Khalifa

A few points here:

Would you rather an owner that is in for the long haul or would you prefer to be a rich man's boy toy who will get thrown out the window as soon as **** hits the fan. Too many clubs out there mismanaged by bad owners. We are hurting & pissed off, but getting the club to write a blank cheque is not the answer. Money is being spent (third highest wage budget last year), owners not taking money out of the club & money being invested into facilities + youth system.

The squad is spread thin, you have no game changers off the bench but when your recruitment isn't spot on & you use the cap across all 23 + youth players that is the result. Baccus, Sotirio & Scott are not game changers, but it was planned this way for ACL. Had it not being for poor results & players yet to hit form, I assume he would have already started rotating by now.

Popa talking about the team like he did was no surprise. It is all about the public face he puts out, no doubt the boys would have got a rocket from him in private & a tough week on the training field. He would be furious at what happened but it isn't good to air your dirty laundry in public. The way he talks was as much for the fans to keep faith as much as the players. You saw how easily the confidence broke after that second goal, lambasting they boys in public isn't good for the confidence & cracks start appearing in the squad. He is playing the game. I still think our team can come good but you wonder when it will happen or if it will happen this season.

I have to agree with the comments above, getting absolutely walked over by Victory & Easts have to stop. I don't care if we can't score but FFS the leaking of goals must stop. If we concede 1, doesn't mean we can concede 3!

Last night, even during the season when we were winning 1-0 at times, we look so vulnerable to the counter. Last night, Victory rode out long periods of pressure & countered with being clinical in front of goals something that almost every team we face seems to have! Don't know how he fixes it, but again it looks to be a recruitment problem. Need someone with some pace at CB, time to bring back Hamil?

This is far too sensible of a post. Are you sure you are actually a football fan.

That first goal, Berisha should never get first to a rebound unchallenged like he was regardless of where Redmayne palms it. Very weak follow up (Pinateres I think it wasn't?)

At this stage of most of their careers, there's not much more they can do to improve skill or pace but for ****'s sake they could at least show some commitment.

For the first time ever I got out of my seat before full time, but that was because my 4 year old decided in the 88th minute that he absolutely had to go the toilet NO DADDY IT CAN'T WAIT 5 MINUTES *sigh*

Kids, man. They love to go to the game but will do everything in their power to stop you actually watching it.

A few points here:

This is far too sensible of a post. Are you sure you are actually a football fan.

I for one wouldn't mind our own local Abramovich...agree with the rest for sure

A few points here:

Apart from the bringing back Hamill bit that is proper crazy

If Hamill is the answer we are in worse shape than even Riva thinks

Nearly every one of my thoughts has already been said, so no point repeating them.

A couple of other thoughts I had though......

- MV pressed hard.......ALL game. We don't this season have the defensive fortitude or skilled players to play that well out from the back when being pressed like that. There were too many turnovers of possession. We looked physically weaker than them.

- Most teams are putting two defenders on both Jumpei and Martinez. That's fine and good but obvious tactics to shut down our main attacking threats. What I'm pissed off about is how often both the players get hacked down while in possession or after they have passed. Where is the protection from the referees. Martinez must have been hacked at least 4 times last night. It happens every week.

- Redmayne's distribution lacks a lot of confidence (or knowledge) and his choices are often poor.

- The referee clearly didn't see the incident on Aspro. Surely he would have given a straight red otherwise. Imagine if Bulut did that?

- Clisby, Neville, Martinez and Nicholl's all had clear chances to shoot *****, Many in fact. But we take a first touch, or cut back, and the moment is lost and a goal scoring chance is shut down. SHOOT *****!!

Edited by Wanderboy

**** it why not bring back Appiah, i mean he cant do any worse than most of the players we have now

Let's go the full Adeleke

Saba, Pio, Adeleke
Be good on front of a t shirt. Saba must have loads of spares Edited by StringerBellend

Listening to Popa now: "We can't ask any more of the players", "we are creating chances" *yawn*.

I get he can't just come out and say we were ****, but seriously he sounds like a rather boring broken record.

In a wider context, our complete inability to compete against our biggest rivals can no longer be put down to bad luck or coincidence. We are 1 from 18 now against MVFC and ESFC since Jan 11 2014. Let that sink in. One win in 18 matches. It is clearly a flaw on Popa's management; both Arnie and Muscat have him sorted. I amvy no means #Popaout but it is something he clearly needs to address.

Yeah, it makes pretty stark reading to be honest, if we get turned over again like 3 or 4 zilch in the derby in Jan then that might just break the back  for some people. I don't mean walking away or anything like that, just frustration levels becoming more vocal because I am sick of ******* going to the derby games and seeing those ****ers celebrating goals and wins time after ******* time, it has to stop, Popa and WSW have to ******* stand up and say no more! We desperately need some pride back. I would take finishing 6th and beating the smurfs next month. It is not all about the derby, but we need to be given something.

Big month for Popa and the club next month, bit of pressure on them to get this sorted.

Listening to Popa now: "We can't ask any more of the players", "we are creating chances" *yawn*.

I get he can't just come out and say we were ****, but seriously he sounds like a rather boring broken record.

In a wider context, our complete inability to compete against our biggest rivals can no longer be put down to bad luck or coincidence. We are 1 from 18 now against MVFC and ESFC since Jan 11 2014. Let that sink in. One win in 18 matches. It is clearly a flaw on Popa's management; both Arnie and Muscat have him sorted. I amvy no means #Popaout but it is something he clearly needs to address.

Yeah, it makes pretty stark reading to be honest, if we get turned over again like 3 or 4 zilch in the derby in Jan then that might just break the back for some people. I don't mean walking away or anything like that, just frustration levels becoming more vocal because I am sick of ******* going to the derby games and seeing those ****ers celebrating goals and wins time after ******* time, it has to stop, Popa and WSW have to ******* stand up and say no more! We desperately need some pride back. I would take finishing 6th and beating the smurfs next month. It is not all about the derby, but we need to be given something.

Big month for Popa and the club next month, bit of pressure on them to get this sorted.

The Derbys are getting to Evertonesque for mine. I'm with you sick of watching that shower of shite celebrate it has to stop

Yeah, it makes pretty stark reading to be honest, if we get turned over again like 3 or 4 zilch in the derby in Jan then that might just break the back for some people. I don't mean walking away or anything like that, just frustration levels becoming more vocal because I am sick of ******* going to the derby games and seeing those ****ers celebrating goals and wins time after ******* time, it has to stop, Popa and WSW have to ******* stand up and say no more! We desperately need some pride back. I would take finishing 6th and beating the smurfs next month. It is not all about the derby, but we need to be given something.

The Derbys are getting to Evertonesque for mine. I'm with you sick of watching that shower of shite celebrate it has to stop

My son asked me when we last beat ESFC a few months back FFS, 3 years or so is a long ******* time when you are 8 or 9 lol

Put it this way, if we get to the end of Jan and we are still a shower of shite and haven't done a thing in the transfer window I will be calling for a new manager. The 1/18 against our two biggest rivals is nothing short of horrific, yes he is a club legend but even legends have a use by date.

I'm not #PopaOut just yet but he does realise there are other formations other than 4-2-3-1 right? Chuck 2 up front FFS.

And why oh why do we keep trotting out Sotirio like he is some sort of super sub, he is seven shades of s***

also what the **** was with santa? something perhaps 2% of people would give a **** and the rest of us just have to put up with it because **** attending a football match to watch actual football we ******* need santa, both santa's were **** last night

Look Santa didn't have a great game last night, even he would know that. I know I can look past this performance particularly when you look at how much he has given over the years and even this season. Even when he didn't score last night he absolutely busted his arse out on the field. He always give a massive effort to the point of exhaustion. 

also what the **** was with santa? something perhaps 2% of people would give a **** and the rest of us just have to put up with it because **** attending a football match to watch actual football we ******* need santa, both santa's were **** last night

Look Santa didn't have a great game last night, even he would know that. I know I can look past this performance particularly when you look at how much he has given over the years and even this season. Even when he didn't score last night he absolutely busted his arse out on the field. He always give a massive effort to the point of exhaustion. 

i completely agree he was terrible but he has done so much for us in the past and it was 1 **** game, so i am really glad we have santa but cant we have someone to step up when santa is just not having a great night? but we have nothing

Santa always gives 100% and he has played his part in what has been good this season.

With Santa  I think it needs to be accepted that he is getting to the end of his career, has had many injuries and to be honest he always has more impact from the bench than when starting these days. Santa is a fantastic go to back up striker when you need someone to dig you out of a hole or go for a win, he is no longer the main man striker however and we shouldn't be relying on him from the start like that, it says more about the failure of others that he is having to put in longer shifts than it does about any perceived failure on his part yesterday.

No digs at Santa for last nights performance at all from me. The camera zoomed in on him sat on the bench after being subbed and he looked totally gutted, really really shitty with himself, says all about the high standards he has of himself. 

i completely agree he was terrible but he has done so much for us in the past and it was 1 **** game, so i am really glad we have santa but cant we have someone to step up when santa is just not having a great night? but we have nothing

If its any consolation he was harder on himself last night than anyone else could be....he's one of the few that owes us nothing imo

That's the problem, Santa has scored half of the goals this season and he didn't even play all the games. If he has an off game (like last night) or gets injured...we have nothing....no plan B.

This is not Santas fault. Far from it. He's not a 90 minute player anymore and we are now expecting him to lead the line. That's what Pio and Bulut were brought into do. Santa suddenly finds himself with a battlefield promotion. He bleeds for this club. Playing in that ACL cauldron with a busted shoulder means he will always be a legend.

Edited by beatsurrender