Another Insipid Performance At ANZ

The way I see it, we're playing a lot better than season 3 and we'll finish higher than 18 points which was our final tally then

In addition, while we can kiss the premiers plate goodbye, we can still improve to the point where we'll finish in the six

Now, speaking of kisses - boro, should I book a room at that Novotel next time a game of ours clashes with a concert that attracts my preferred demographic?

Your 'prefered demographic' lol who talks about women like that. I bet you are the kinda guy that digs a spreadsheet to extrapolate results, in fact i recall you using that word...

It did get lively at the hotel last night though. Not for me though, the ******* wife wouldnt get to sleep......

Edited by WSWBoro

I'd also like to weigh in to the WST vs RBB debate which was only touched on in here:

- I don't think anyone begrudges WST wanting to do there own thing

- Many of the issues between the two active groups still seem unexplained & the majority of the non-active fans would love just one voice than a split in two

- The biggest problem arising out of today's match day is that WST were so loud that those around them weren't able to participate in the WDYSF or stadium wide Dale

I'd also like to weigh in to the WST vs RBB debate which was only touched on in here:

- Many of the issues between the two active groups still seem unexplained & the majority of the non-active fans would love just one voice than a split in two

- The biggest problem arising out of today's match day is that WST were so loud that those around them weren't able to participate in the WDYSF or stadium wide Dale

I sat in between the RBB and WST and it was a bit strange when they were both going....add to that the couple with their child that were swearing at every player they recognized and officials all game long.

I sat in between the RBB and WST and it was a bit strange when they were both going....add to that the couple with their child that were swearing at every player they recognized and officials all game long.

Charming. ..

People hacked on them for not singing, now it's a problem when they do?

We have opposition supporters singing as a challenge to RBB, it's never affected anything. If the "problem" is that WST are too loud, surely that's a good problem? The RBB then need to get louder. The Dale was never going to work at ANZ anyway because it's too big and the sound gets lost, the sides will never keep in time with the RBB. In smaller confines like Spotless then people will hear the Dale and get involved or not, regardless of WST.

The split happened, it's done. People can't complain about it, or about another group or groups outside RBB making noise. Anyone's entitled to sing, chant etc. There are plenty of seats free at both venues, particularly ANZ. People want to get involved in Dale or WDYSF? Move closer. I saw a group of people walk under the partition banner into the RBB and then absolutely belt it our all game.

Whatever the origins of the split, I think it's good to have slightly different voices from the RBB and WST. I prefer a bit of variety in the chanting from the stands, but I'm one of the minority who prefers a mixture of planned and reactive chants, not just the regimented "we'll belt it out for hours on end no matter what" chanting of the RBB.

On the battle of the chants, I did wonder about the lack of a who do you sing for, though. And what the hell is the bloody dale? Could someone explain it for those of us who don't know (or care to know) the finer details of the RBB's hymn sheets?

I did wonder about the lack of a who do you sing for, though. And what the hell is the bloody dale? Could someone explain it for those of us who don't know (or care to know) the finer details of the RBB's hymn sheets?

WDYSF for was about to start and then they scored (third or second?) so capo canned it.

Dale is the song that everyone sung at the last home game (and gosford), hands above heads clapping with "la las" then woooh

Edited by btron3000

Whatever the origins of the split, I think it's good to have slightly different voices from the RBB and WST. I prefer a bit of variety in the chanting from the stands, but I'm one of the minority who prefers a mixture of planned and reactive chants, not just the regimented "we'll belt it out for hours on end no matter what" chanting of the RBB.

On the battle of the chants, I did wonder about the lack of a who do you sing for, though. And what the hell is the bloody dale? Could someone explain it for those of us who don't know (or care to know) the finer details of the RBB's hymn sheets?

See for yourself why this chant is so popular

I hate that ****en chant, I always get bounced around from in front, from behind, from the side.

It's a struggle to stay upright.

Poor Hawks

:lol:

This has to get the blood pumping for me the most, can understand why moshing occurs!

Still pissed they didn't come over.

They stood there confused & didn't know what to do. They then waited by the goal while Mitch went over to the RBB....
CLisby did too.

But how can they not know what to do. It's actually pretty pathetic - says a fair bit unfortunately.

Someone I know has said something to Dimas about this, he apologized on behalf on himself as captain and from the team. Said it won't happen again. Let's just leave it there & just hope that it was an oversight after a demoralizing result.

Its good in the pub, also funny watching bay56 erupt and the cops getting antsy thinking there's a fight because people are falling over the seats.

I remember the first game at Spotless when there was some serious moshing with rows of seats coming out, the poor seco's were talking into there radios frantically with no idea what they were doing. Hilarious to watch :lol:

Bit unfair to say "all game" when I stopped at half time :ninja:

:)

Still pissed they didn't come over.

They stood there confused & didn't know what to do. They then waited by the goal while Mitch went over to the RBB....
CLisby did too.

But how can they not know what to do. It's actually pretty pathetic - says a fair bit unfortunately.

Someone I know has said something to Dimas about this, he apologized on behalf on himself as captain and from the team. Said it won't happen again. Let's just leave it there & just hope that it was an oversight after a demoralizing result.

When the players walked up to the advertising boards just behind the goal, most of them stayed behind the boards and clapped. Clisby and Neville climbed over the boards to come over, and I think it was Neville who indicated to the rest of the players to come with them to talk to the players. I didn't see what the other players' reaction was, but needless to say it was only Clisby and Neville in the end.

In a way it is perhaps a good thing they didn't come over. Evidently from the comments I heard from the people around me, some of our supporters are absolutely ****ed in the head. I heard the most disgusting and morbid comments about Redmayne which should never be said about a player who wears our colours no matter how poorly they perform; they're still one of us FFS and though they should be critiqued for their performances you shouldn't stoop to that level. No player wants to cop that from their own supporters.

Not sure on this whole WST/RBB split thing, certainly confused some people around me, but they mostly appreciated the extra noise.

That said, ANZ > Spotless. I know it's bigger and the RBB end is further away (thanks to the pitch being moved at Spotless). But, the overall facilities are just better. The views at Spotless are terrible, no matter where you sit.

Not sure on this whole WST/RBB split thing, certainly confused some people around me, but they mostly appreciated the extra noise.

That said, ANZ > Spotless. I know it's bigger and the RBB end is further away (thanks to the pitch being moved at Spotless). But, the overall facilities are just better. The views at Spotless are terrible, no matter where you sit.

Yeah I've said before like early at Spotless alot of people thought it was maybe away active - on Sat perhaps their position allowed the sound to echo further and louder, but it was not that clear what was being chanted where I was.

I do think the location of the RBB puts them at a disadvantage - they're surrounded by alot of empty space...

Last season it was a case of scoring more than we were conceding and we had Redmayne for 2/3 of the season.

Bridge/Vidosic/Castelen if I'm honest have left a massive hole in our attack that we have not filled.

Our midfield is good. Pinatares, Dimas, Nichols, Nico (still not convinced on Jumpei), **** even Baccus is decent when he wants to be. Need a striker who can get you 15 goals minimum.

Does Tyson come back for the Nix? Probably. If Tyson has anything over Redmayne it's red cards.

On a final note, worst RBB night for me. Lots of static ****s, everywhere.

In a way it is perhaps a good thing they didn't come over. Evidently from the comments I heard from the people around me, some of our supporters are absolutely ****ed in the head. I heard the most disgusting and morbid comments about Redmayne which should never be said about a player who wears our colours no matter how poorly they perform; they're still one of us FFS and though they should be critiqued for their performances you shouldn't stoop to that level. No player wants to cop that from their own supporters.

I get that but they need to own it. For me, it's a sign of wider things - if they are not prepared to come over and own it like they have done every game ever, it's like giving in. Come over, apologise, shake your head, cop the abuse even. They need to see what it means to the supporters. This is where the bond is formed. With the high squad turnover the bond is loose enough without them removing themselves. How can we expect them to fight and have heart in important games - derbies, ACL, when they're too afraid or not bothered to come over to the fans? Especially as the people who stay are the least likely to abuse them or whatever.

On a final note, worst RBB night for me. Lots of static *****, everywhere.

ANZ sucks balls.

It was **** anyway I agree, but part of that was just the way the sound dissipates.

I could barely hear the drums down the front mate. Let alone people singing. It just all disappears.

I would love to know what it sounds like directly opposite, at the other end of the ground.

Last season it was a case of scoring more than we were conceding and we had Redmayne for 2/3 of the season.

Bridge/Vidosic/Castelen if I'm honest have left a massive hole in our attack that we have not filled.

Our midfield is good. Pinatares, Dimas, Nichols, Nico (still not convinced on Jumpei), **** even Baccus is decent when he wants to be. Need a striker who can get you 15 goals minimum.

Does Tyson come back for the Nix? Probably. If Tyson has anything over Redmayne it's red cards.

ANZ was always gonna have that effect. the place is just sterile. stadium wide Dale was never gonna work because of this, people are both so far away from the game and the RBB there is no feeling of connection to either.

I get that but they need to own it. For me, it's a sign of wider things - if they are not prepared to come over and own it like they have done every game ever, it's like giving in. Come over, apologise, shake your head, cop the abuse even. They need to see what it means to the supporters. This is where the bond is formed. With the high squad turnover the bond is loose enough without them removing themselves. How can we expect them to fight and have heart in important games - derbies, ACL, when they're too afraid or not bothered to come over to the fans? Especially as the people who stay are the least likely to abuse them or whatever.

ANZ sucks balls.

It was **** anyway I agree, but part of that was just the way the sound dissipates.

I could barely hear the drums down the front mate. Let alone people singing. It just all disappears.

I would love to know what it sounds like directly opposite, at the other end of the ground.

ANZ was always gonna have that effect. the place is just sterile. stadium wide Dale was never gonna work because of this, people are both so far away from the game and the RBB there is no feeling of connection to either.

For me ANZ this weekend was wayy better than the derby when we were up in the gods. We were in the GA area just to the side of the RBB and the sounds was good there and carried and there were enough people around to make it feel ok. 16,000 sounded better than 60,000 which shows how terrible sitting on the top tier of ANZ is, never ever go up there.

As for the players not coming over, I dunno, we have Santa of course and Cole still knocking around but we don't have that connection with the players from seasons gone which is very sad indeed. Even in season 3 when things were really hard there was still that bond that got us through. After the Santa goal up at CCM the other week you could sense that kind of vibe coming back when they came over and pumped up the fans, but it is just as much about what the players do after a bad defeat than after a comfortable win.

After every derby defeat we hear about how bad they feel for the fans and that it will be motivation for the next time, we have heard this ad nauseum now for 3 years with little change. ESFC do us on the pitch for tactics, passion, drive and commitment every time and they seem to want it more, and that hurts to type, but it is true and has to be said. If the players cannot come over in the hard times then they may as well stay away in the good times.

Hope I am very wrong, but I think we are one more bad derby defeat away from this turning pretty sour. Big month next month as I had already said.

Edited by WSWBoro