The Weather Thread.

Just thought I'd start up a thread for weather conditions for games, as we seem to get all sorts at all times.

We've certainly had them in the past, including hail covered pitches and thunderstorms during games.

Also, there's always someone asking if it will rain or not.

Post your thoughts here.

In the mean time, I've seen this link on another website that we can keep cool by over the summer.

http://www.seejh.com/live

Going to be a stinker today, feel for all those working outdoors as going to give 40c a nudge in the western suburbs today, and maybe tomorrow also.

Should maybe turn this in to a weather / gardening thread also? I don't have a garden anymore  :( BUT, I have turned our balcony in to a jungle of pots containing cherry tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, lettuce and a good few other things, I bought some nice ferns also. What was a very boring looking  unit balcony is now very green looking and a nice place to sit  :) Much can be done with a very small space. There is also the containers with the various bugs than my son is keeping as 'pets'  :rolleyes: He has collected a few Christmas Beetles in the last few days, at least I think that is what they are.....good he shows an interest I suppose.

Lots of watering needed tonight I think.

Going to be a stinker today, feel for all those working outdoors as going to give 40c a nudge in the western suburbs today, and maybe tomorrow also.

Should maybe turn this in to a weather / gardening thread also? I don't have a garden anymore  :( BUT, I have turned our balcony in to a jungle of pots containing cherry tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, lettuce and a good few other things, I bought some nice ferns also. What was a very boring looking  unit balcony is now very green looking and a nice place to sit  :) Much can be done with a very small space. There is also the containers with the various bugs than my son is keeping as 'pets'  :rolleyes: He has collected a few Christmas Beetles in the last few days, at least I think that is what they are.....good he shows an interest I suppose.

Lots of watering needed tonight I think.

The thread will be what it will be I guess - but the original post idea was that the thread topic would be the weather at Wanderers matches.

Absolute stinker today.

Tonight looking good for being the hottest December night for 44 years.

And Boro, my vegie patch will need another water tonight after I watered it this morning.

Edinburgh, yes, generally set up for weather at Wanderers games but everyone can feel free to post anything else weather related, Like I did in the OP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like the massive heatwave we've been through might just be on the decline.

Still, however, we might be looking at the hottest January ever.

A cooler, wetter spell could be on the cards.

Models are unpredictable, but generally are agreeable for 6-10 days ahead.

Thank ****. I hate this heat.

FMD this summers hot Welcome to Western Sydney Brad!

Getting AC installed today, how the **** do you guys do it? The missus and I haven't slept properly, barring the odd cool night, for 3 weeks

We don't do it. i grew up with A/C.

Then staying at the missus place regularly last summer in her townhouse that had non working A/C killed me. (and this wasn't even IN the west...but insulation was non existent)

A/C was a prerequisite for the place we're living in now.