Jump to content

The Weather Thread.


Wanderboy

Recommended Posts

48.9 in Penrith is insane, you can prob add another 1c on to that in an unrecorded / area without an official weather station, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere close to Penrith did get close to that 50c mark.

I have spend the afternoon by the bay to the SE of Melbourne and it has been cool and around or below 20c most of the day, the wind even has an edge to it and not a day you feel like you would go for a dip. I think going for a top of 17c tomorrow!

Been very blessed with the weather so far this family holiday, we have had hot days but don't seem to have been as extreme as elsewhere as we travel.

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post
1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

Your 45 would be accurate.

It got to 46.4 here at my joint today.

Highest ever.

We're only a stone's throw apart, I think?

I wasnt checking often.

Maybe we were higher here than 45?

Link to post
6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

We're only a stone's throw apart, I think?

I wasnt checking often.

Maybe we were higher here than 45?

Yes, indeed, it probably would have been.

I have a rather sophisticated electronic thermometer that records max's and min's as well as current temp.

2 -3 degrees below Penrith is about right, considering our greater amsl elevation. 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

THAT might get a bit repetitive Smoggy!

Nahh, great horses to look after and the kids love it, makes people smile. Who wouldn't want a job that makes people happy and be in a stunning area.I am serious actually lol

Link to post

I was hoping marron or wanderboy would be around to explain the Syd 128 radar. For the last hour a stationary blob that seems to be spinning around in a circle with small central hole? Would be around where the ruined castle fire would be near Katoomba but that is under control and not burning big at the min...looks odd compared to the rest of the radar echos anyway.

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I was hoping marron or wanderboy would be around to explain the Syd 128 radar. For the last hour a stationary blob that seems to be spinning around in a circle with small central hole? Would be around where the ruined castle fire would be near Katoomba but that is under control and not burning big at the min...looks odd compared to the rest of the radar echos anyway.

Its prob actually the Green Wattle fire a little further south which is at watch and act with the smoke getting spun around!

Link to post

Yeah I don't know. Green Wattle looked scary from here yesterday.  When I first saw it I checked th ed app and there was a call oUT to kings table land (near Wentworth falls) and I thought that was it.

 

What I can tell you is here was my view on new years

 

Screenshot-2020-01-01-07-11-20.png

And about the same time today

20200105-185743.jpg

 

 

Link to post
55 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its prob actually the Green Wattle fire a little further south which is at watch and act with the smoke getting spun around!

Might be the part of green wattle that's near Lake Burragorang, named Erskine Creek Fire, and is threatening the mid mountains townships?

Link to post

Yep, all one and the same.

The Green Wattle fire started first. The other two have been ember or lightning started fires. They are now all starting to join and become one. Quite frightening really, but that's what they are.

I've tried to copy and paste a pic of the fire area, but not working.

Here's a link I hope that works......

 

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me

Link to post
32 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah I don't know. Green Wattle looked scary from here yesterday.  When I first saw it I checked th ed app and there was a call oUT to kings table land (near Wentworth falls) and I thought that was it.

 

What I can tell you is here was my view on new years

 

Screenshot-2020-01-01-07-11-20.png

And about the same time today

20200105-185743.jpg

 

 

That looks scary....but hopefully that 2nd pic was of smoke from further away??

Sydney was very smoky today.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...