Wanderboy

The Weather Thread.

Yep :lol:

People ask me what my house is like.

-typical mountains house.

-nice cottage, stained glass, verandah....

-no just ****.

:lol:

Outback snow where temps pushing 50c in summer are the norm -

2020-08-07_Mix-1023_flinders-1.jpg?crop=0,0,47,100&resize=680,816&quality=75

-14c recorded in Tassie.

Posted (edited)

pipes were frozen yesterday morning. And the birdbath, still, at 330pm.

that cold air is coming from somewhere....

Edited by marron

One of those days when the “where’s your global warming now” crowd come out.

1 minute ago, Davo said:

One of those days when the “where’s your global warming now” crowd come out.

Yep, and they did.

No clue about the difference between weather and climate.

21 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yep, and they did.

No clue about the difference between weather and climate.

It's alright, I know the difference,  I can spell.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

It's cold.

What's cold?

1 hour ago, NeverGoat said:

can the wind please **** off? :P

I just want it warm enough to be able to wear shorts again. ...lol

2 hours ago, NeverGoat said:

can the wind please **** off? :P

Shouldn't comments like this be in the climate thread?

I meant to say at some point, that's the first time ever we've had absolutely no snow in june/july. Maybe that should be in the climate change thread as well.

Any one else just had big hail stones? Road outside white over.

No, I could see lightning over sydney before though.

I heard a bit of thunder...but nothing near me!

Posted (edited)

Ow Marron, I'm booked in for the mountains this weekend and some more bush walking before it warms up....should I bring my snow shoes :D

Central Tablelands area - Saturday

snow.png
Min 0
Max 5
Showers, possible snow. Windy.

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 600 metres. Winds westerly 25 to 40 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 1 and 4 above zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 4 and 11.

Edited by Smoggy

Snow falling above 600! That's an insane forecast.

I had sleet today on my walk.

I'd rug up.

Any firm plans for where you are walking?

1 minute ago, marron said:

Snow falling above 600! That's an insane forecast.

I had sleet today on my walk.

I'd rug up.

Any firm plans for where you are walking?

Outside chance of a decent snow covering for Blackheath would think. Haven't done the Grand Canyon circuit for a long time and tempted and know you mentioned that. Bit tired of the Katoomba side now but open to recommendations this time.

It's a great walk!

I was opposite it over on Fortress ridge today, had some good views into it from afar. 

If you get down there and it's busy, there's a little climb you can do to get away from everyone which is quite fun. If you follow it all the way you'll find yourself in medlow bath eventually, but, it's nice just to get out on your own if it's busy like I said and then you can drop back down again.

It's either right before you start climbing out of the rainforest, or when you first get to the very bottom, depending on which way you are going, but either way about halfway through. Just a little steep dirt path that you'd miss if you weren't looking for it, on the Medlow side. There's some good views up and down the canyon from higher up if you follow it, and no-one will be around on it.

Posted (edited)

I've been kicking around Medlow recently, behind the Hydro. There's some cool stuff in there. It's not well kept, but lots of tracks - it's possible to get down into the Megalong and see the landslide and stuff.

I think I said last time, follow Hat Hill all the way to the carpark, climb hat hill, there's a path up there. Just follow it. It will go almost to the grose but then it looks like it finishes at some rocks dropping down onto a saddle; it doesn't, you can pick it up again and follow it to Bald Hill, which is great, amazing views. Although if it's windy it's probably not so pleasant. Again, you won't see too many people out there. There's some rock carvings out there too, if you want to know where I can tell you.

Edited by marron

2 minutes ago, marron said:

It's a great walk!

I was opposite it over on Fortress ridge today, had some good views into it from afar. 

If you get down there and it's busy, there's a little climb you can do to get away from everyone which is quite fun. If you follow it all the way you'll find yourself in medlow bath eventually, but, it's nice just to get out on your own if it's busy like I said and then you can drop back down again.

It's either right before you start climbing out of the rainforest, or when you first get to the very bottom, depending on which way you are going, but either way about halfway through. Just a little steep dirt path that you'd miss if you weren't looking for it, on the Medlow side. There's some good views up and down the canyon from higher up if you follow it, and no-one will be around on it.

Thanks! Last time I did this walk it was the middle of summer and 2012 I think it was. The lad was still a toddler and left him in Blackheath with the wife, he will be with me this time.

Always look forward to getting back out there, as soon as I arrange it I look forward to it!

Posted (edited)

Normally I'd have a bunch more but there's still so much closed of course.

And yeah, the anticipation is good.

I only thought yesterday about this one I did today, that it might be open again, saw it was, and there was no way I wasn't heading out today. It was also cool but involved a bit of a trek via Leura to get out there from the Mt Hay rd.

Edited by marron

mack, you may need to rename this the Leyland Bros or the Wandering Bros Go Walkabout thread......:rolleyes:

:D

yeah the site his basically just his twitter account embedded.

On 20/08/2020 at 9:29 AM, sonar said:

mack, you may need to rename this the Leyland Bros or the Wandering Bros Go Walkabout thread......:rolleyes:

:D

Anything but the Local Politics Thread.