Jump to content
Wanderboy

The Weather Thread.

Recommended Posts

Starting to snow again now too, things going to get heavier I'd say.

My kids have already reached the "whatever, it's cold, i'm staying inside" stage pretty much. :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

btw smoggy if you head down to the oval after it clears up a bit there's usually a bunch of kids with toboggans and cardboard sharing rides down the slope.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, marron said:

btw smoggy if you head down to the oval after it clears up a bit there's usually a bunch of kids with toboggans and cardboard sharing rides down the slope.

Reminds me of the old country today for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The lad compacted a snowball which then became an ice ball and threw it at my head :xmad: Wouldn't have been so bad except I wasnt expecting it, was from behind and at point blank range...little bastard.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post

My favourite is hitting the kid from behind with a long looping shot. Plus the old branch trick.

Geez there were a lot of tourists about though. 

I forgot to mention  - Centenniel Glen/Porters pass on the megalong side is quite nice too. It would be muddy as hell today/tomorrow though.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

The lad compacted a snowball which then became an ice ball and threw it at my head :xmad: Wouldn't have been so bad except I wasnt expecting it, was from behind and at point blank range...little bastard.

Onya little Boro!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Onya little Boro!

Mind..at least I have a full head of hair to cushion the blow ;)

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Mind..at least I have a full head of thick hair to cushion the blow ;)

And, no doubt the upwards trajectory lessened the speed and impact.

Share this post


Link to post

Back from the mountains, great weekend but didn't quite get the walking done I wanted due to the weather. Still good to be out and about though.

Had some bloody awful food this trip mind, need new places for the next time.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Yeah bad luck about the walking!

(would have been nice this morning mind...)

Where'd you eat?

Edited by marron

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah bad luck about the walking!

(would have been nice this morning mind...)

Where'd you eat?

Gardeners Inn, bloody awful. Yeah went on a walk this morning.

Also just on the incredible off chance that the couple who woke me up at around 1am in the room next door arguing look in to somewhere like this. Fella...grow some ******* balls and marry her ffs lol. There may never be a 'perfect time' and may never be a 'financially better time' ...take it from someone who got engaged  at 19 with a tenner in my bank account...you go through the shyte and hard times together...just get it done...although sounded like leaving it to the brink of losing her..wanker...

I have an IOU on an engagement ring after 20 years of marriage still lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah bad luck about the walking!

(would have been nice this morning mind...)

Where'd you eat?

Double post lol

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post

Marron, I want to sound you out about a few plans I have for summer just after xmas....on the basis that we don't have another horrendous bush fire season...just want some summer blue mountain walk ideas.

Will sent you a message soonish..cheers.

Share this post


Link to post

For sure mate! I was just typing up some notes on my favourite walks up here... i'll leave them for now then.

 

Yeah, the gardeners is not great at all. :lol: I think I know the chef too haha. The Ivy isn't that much better (and that pie thing must be a con because I've been up here for like 4 years and they've never yet had any left when I've been there to eat). 

The bar and bistro is your best bet, it's a bit pricey but at least it's decent food. The golf club is okay and cheaper, i haven' tbeen since covid though, I don't know if they're even still going. The thai is on the good side of thai as far as they go. Avoid the chinese at all costs lol.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, marron said:

For sure mate! I was just typing up some notes on my favourite walks up here... i'll leave them for now then.

 

Yeah, the gardeners is not great at all. :lol: I think I know the chef too haha. The Ivy isn't that much better (and that pie thing must be a con because I've been up here for like 4 years and they've never yet had any left when I've been there to eat). 

The bar and bistro is your best bet, it's a bit pricey but at least it's decent food. The golf club is okay and cheaper, i haven' tbeen since covid though, I don't know if they're even still going. The thai is on the good side of thai as far as they go. Avoid the chinese at all costs lol.


 

 

Had the Thai last night..that was ok..in an 'ok' kinda way...

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah. It's hard to go wrong with Thai, and it doesn't go wrong, but it's not amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, marron said:

 

 

Yeah, the gardeners is not great at all. :lol: I think I know the chef too haha. 


 

 

Cool, if you know the chef can you teach how to mash some ******* potato, useless chunt.

Share this post


Link to post

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Back from the mountains, great weekend but didn't quite get the walking done I wanted due to the weather. Still good to be out and about though.

Had some bloody awful food this trip mind, need new places for the next time.

 

 

 

So, how's the pneumonia? 

Share this post


Link to post

Where from Smoggy?

Cremorne? Mosman? Somewhere over there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, marron said:

Where from Smoggy?

Cremorne? Mosman? Somewhere over there.

 

 

Aye..boat in to Mosman Bay the walk around and up the bay towards Cremorne..past some rather nice Lycra clad jogging ladies.....

How are things going up the mountains? Getting a bit worried that things may go too far the other way by Xmas. I can think of a few places up there I walk that will likely be quagmires now. La nina expected to peak in late December so LOTS more rain to come. Worried about errosion (following fires last year exposing the top soil) and landslips up there now?

Not sure heat and sun is going to be so much of an issue this time.

Share this post


Link to post

I was in the Grose again today just having a bit of a poke around. A bit wet in some places, murdered a pair of shoes, but it was fine for the most part. I think I came across about 8 different groups. A bit busy for my liking but I was on the path for the most part. There was a BIG treefall across the path at one point, wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. The river was happy, lots of flow compared to when I was there last time, pools full etc - I even saw a fish.

Climbing up the slopes off track is a bit tricky because yeah the soil is super loose. Plenty of ground cover coming back though. Yeah I could do without another landslide over the railway though.

The heat will still be a bit of an issue if you go down there, not as much top cover so finding shade is a bit trickier but you can still find spots. If you're looking for that quiet spot along the river you'll find it without too much trouble I think. But yeah, climbing out will be murder. I think I overdid it today speedwise, I didn't stop for several hours and then started to try to fang it out and cramped up in both legs real bad. ANd it was overcast and a little rainy, I would have really struggled in heat haha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, marron said:

I was in the Grose again today just having a bit of a poke around. A bit wet in some places, murdered a pair of shoes, but it was fine for the most part. I think I came across about 8 different groups. A bit busy for my liking but I was on the path for the most part. There was a BIG treefall across the path at one point, wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. The river was happy, lots of flow compared to when I was there last time, pools full etc - I even saw a fish.

Climbing up the slopes off track is a bit tricky because yeah the soil is super loose. Plenty of ground cover coming back though. Yeah I could do without another landslide over the railway though.

The heat will still be a bit of an issue if you go down there, not as much top cover so finding shade is a bit trickier but you can still find spots. If you're looking for that quiet spot along the river you'll find it without too much trouble I think. But yeah, climbing out will be murder. I think I overdid it today speedwise, I didn't stop for several hours and then started to try to fang it out and cramped up in both legs real bad. ANd it was overcast and a little rainy, I would have really struggled in heat haha.

 

cool. I expect a number of big rain events between now and end of the year. Hot days / dry spells still possible in la nina of course..just not long lasting. Could be some wet beach holidays this summer. Mountains might be best.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post

Oops almost forgot

Wendy's wildlife report- a lyrebird, (probably a couple actually), a wallaby, a water monitor, and a fish.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, marron said:

Oops almost forgot

Wendy's wildlife report- a lyrebird, (probably a couple actually), a wallaby, a water monitor, and a fish.

I used to do walks in the country spots around the Boro..a 'wildlife report' consisted of..

Groups of people dogging in the car park..

Used condom on stick

Empty cider bottles and ciggie butts...and splifs..

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post

Yesterday in QLD. 14 cm hail reported and confirmed by BOM. I've seen some amazing photos of the damage.

Not just breaking through roof tiles but ceilings as well. This is why the BOM issued a "Life threatening" warning for the storms up there yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

Yesterday in QLD. 14 cm hail reported and confirmed by BOM. I've seen some amazing photos of the damage.

Not just breaking through roof tiles but ceilings as well. This is why the BOM issued a "Life threatening" warning for the storms up there yesterday.

yeah I seen that news report, amazing sized hail!

More of that to come i think...very la nina mode we are in now.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

yeah I seen that news report, amazing sized hail!

More of that to come i think...very la nina mode we are in now.

Yep. **** La Nina. Sort of. I'm replacing a whole house roof atm from tiles to colorbond. Cannot work if there is any sign of rain so last week was a write off.

Next 3 days looks ok so we will be able to make a bit of a dent into the job.

In saying that, this time last year, we were all suffering through heatwave after heatwave. The Gospers Mountain fire had started which continued to burn for 3 months. A large proportion of Eastern Australia was burning or about to burn. We were all choking on smoke on a daily basis. 

 

I'll take a La Nina, and a few lost days of work, over that Black Summer, anyday.

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...