The Weather Thread.

Wanderboy

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Don't mind a summer day like today, especially after that humidity, feels almost cold . Have even dug out the slow cooker and have that going. Tree lights shining bright in the gloom..cosy...

Nice to hear you sounding.... contented!

:):)

Just now, Smoggy said:

You make it sound like i am never contented lol

Didn't mean to suggest that...but contentment is not easy to come by, generally speaking....and it's nice when you're aware you feel it.

:):)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah...the dumpsters out the back of Penrith shops is next on the list.

LOl.....As someone who has no talent for drawing I think the painting is fine........it's just so.......blue.  Made me instantly think Smurfs.......Now the one you did of Kogarah...........that was excellent.

13 minutes ago, sonar said:

LOl.....As someone who has no talent for drawing I think the painting is fine........it's just so.......blue.  Made me instantly think Smurfs.......Now the one you did of Kogarah...........that was excellent.

So what your saying is more flares need to be ripped for artistic inspiration purposes...I get that...

16 minutes ago, sonar said:

Sigh..some people are never ******* happy...

’goes back to painting to add a boat in distress with flare’....

14 hours ago, sonar said:

What are you some sort of neanderthal bogan*?

Can't you see that the use of blue draws on the natural surroundings and the sadness permeating among overdressed people venturing to brave the elements on the beach (and other artistic bs etc etc)!**

**Obviously he ran out of other colours!

*I am!

On 11/01/2021 at 5:59 PM, sonar said:

To be honest i don't look the arty farty part and don't want to play the part either. I never particularly wanted to be good at drawing....i just was....i picked up a pencil aged 5 or so and found i could do a pretty decent job of copying anything....these are doodles compared to what I can do.

I was rubbish at everything else at school ( with the exception of football and athletics). Art at least gave me the 'wow look at what Smoggster is doing' thing from other kids...

I do it mainly because it helps my very busy, over active mind to have a rest! Its like putting my brain in an ice bath and way better than any meds could do.

If someone gets any pleasure out of it then fine..otherwise I just do it for myself, and always have done. Only recently started sharing more based on a few people telling me I should...

But yeah..meh...

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

To be honest i don't look the arty farty part and don't want to play the part either. I never particularly wanted to be good at drawing....i just was....i picked up a pencil aged 5 or so and found i could do a pretty decent job of copying anything....these are doodles compared to what I can do.

I was rubbish at everything else at school ( with the exception of football and athletics). Art at least gave me the 'wow look at what Smoggster is doing' thing from other kids...

I do it mainly because it helps my very busy, over active mind to have a rest! Its like putting my brain in an ice bath and way better than any meds could do.

If someone gets any pleasure out of it then fine..otherwise I just do it for myself, and always have done. Only recently started sharing more based on a few people telling me I should...

But yeah..meh...

@sonar See, I told you he ran out of other colours!

Hot and stuffy down in Sydney? Storms up the mountains and now quite cold with some hail lol

Hope you battened down the house Marron lol..

Sirens going off...

Edited by Smoggy
19 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Hot and stuffy down in Sydney? Storms up the mountains and now quite cold with some hail lol

Hope you battened down the house Marron lol..

Sirens going off...

Yep. Still 37.3at mine with a stiff NE'er.

Quite cold? From a Pom? Lol. Mt Boyce is the coolest atm at 28.3. :)

34 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah I hope so too always makes me nervous although at least we are away so I'm not worrying about the car :lol:

sirens for the fire I would expect I think it was a lightning strike.

Sirens were emergency vehicles dashing all over at the peak of the storm.