The Weather Thread.

Wanderboy

4 hours ago, marron said:

Rumours highway will close soonish

Not going to happen I think. Turned wet for a bit but back to the drier stuff now apparently, still coming in. on my way home again so I reckon I'll be walking through it from the station - didn't expect that, that's the most consistent snow in quite a while I should think.

21 minutes ago, marron said:

Not going to happen I think. Turned wet for a bit but back to the drier stuff now apparently, still coming in. on my way home again so I reckon I'll be walking through it from the station - didn't expect that, that's the most consistent snow in quite a while I should think.

You should still have a bit of snow around tomorrow morning..will be icy as fook. Will all clear up by mid morning tomorrow though.

Edited by Smoggy

Yeah, have to drive down to Lithgow first thing, think I might go the long way to be honest, roads could still be a bit dicey

14 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah, have to drive down to Lithgow first thing, think I might go the long way to be honest, roads could still be a bit dicey

This is where a manual car and not a shitty automatic comes in useful.

I did my driving test in the middle of a snow storm in the 90's :D I passed anyway.

Edited by Smoggy

Actually..if the skies do clear tonight I reckon you are going to get some closed roads up the mountains. Going to be so icy. If this was the UK the council gritter trucks would be going all night.

Just now, marron said:

still snowing. only very lightly, but it's there.

Do a dashboard cam thing of your drive from Blackheath to Lithgow tomorrow :) Would be interesting.

4 hours ago, mack said:

Had to buy some warm socks today.

I encountered a handful of kids in short sleeved cotton school shirts today. With nothing over the top of them.

:wacko::wacko:

well I tried but my rig failed. in truth not much excitement to see, lots of fog about so the few snatches of snow covered ridges probably wouldn't have come up too well anyway and the snow up at mt vic wasnt quite is good as bh anyway by the looks. Any snow in lithgow has gone. a little on the tops of the hills but you can barely see them for the fog anyway. 

10 hours ago, marron said:

huh. might try. I had phone holder thing but I don't know what happened to it is the only thing.

9 hours ago, Carns said:

Duct tape it to your head.

Just get vaccinated! That'll do the job won't it?

Edited by Edinburgh

This tells the tale, promising beginning then a shitload of sky, then even the phone gave up :lol:

Screenshot-20210611-083447-Video-Editor.

Edited by marron
44 minutes ago, marron said:

This tells the tale, promising beginning then a shitload of sky, then even the phone gave up :lol:

Screenshot-20210611-083447-Video-Editor.

When i read your description i was wondering if you rolled when you said shitload of sky. But then realised it wasnt shitload of sky..ground...sky...ground....sky...ground lol 

Did have visions of going sideways down Victoria pass :D

Edited by Smoggy

Heh it was fine. 

I was up and down like a fiddlers elbow today for various reasons so saw some different snow all about. There'll be some places up around Bell that still have some tomorrow morning potentially.

Got a good view of Hampton from up that way too, lots of cover. a mobile doesn't do it justice at that depth of field, got a snap with the real camera though.

7 hours ago, mack said:

They have arrived. They are warm. Feel like I should have got some gloves as well.

What colour and do they have a jazzy pattern?

Today I am wearing pink socks...

These are my socks. There are many like them, but these are mine. My socks are my best friends. I must look after them like they will look after me. Without me, my socks are useless. Without them, I am useless.