Vedran Janjetovic

mack

(although mate I was with who was a keeper at a high level reckons that his positioning was poor for the save on the header and it shouldn't have been as hard as he made it).

Watching recording of the match now. Vedran rushed forward to collect the ball as it was coming in but hesitated and changed his mind, shuffling back a bit and then diving to make the save. Definitely didn't make it easy for himself by changing his mind when coming out.

When he made that save a mate said to me that there's no way Redmayne would have saved it. I said maybe not but if he did everyone would forget the save an crucify him for coming off his line.

(although mate I was with who was a keeper at a high level reckons that his positioning was poor for the save on the header and it shouldn't have been as hard as he made it).

Watching recording of the match now. Vedran rushed forward to collect the ball as it was coming in but hesitated and changed his mind, shuffling back a bit and then diving to make the save. Definitely didn't make it easy for himself by changing his mind when coming out.

When he made that save a mate said to me that there's no way Redmayne would have saved it. I said maybe not but if he did everyone would forget the save an crucify him for coming off his line.

Even if Redmayne saved it with a scorpion kick people would still have a go at him. No matter his performance, since 3/4 of the way through last season he has been the convenient scapegoat.

Whether or not Redmayne could have saved it is one thing, but Redmayne definitely would have spilled a few of the balls that Vedran collected from crosses.

Even if Redmayne saved it with a scorpion kick people would still have a go at him. No matter his performance, since 3/4 of the way through last season he has been the convenient scapegoat.

Whether or not Redmayne could have saved it is one thing, but Redmayne definitely would have spilled a few of the balls that Vedran collected from crosses.

Yeah I agree. The way Vedran came out and claimed crosses and his quick releases of the ball were better than anything we've seen from Redmayne and Tyson this season. 

Well in. The difference between a first choice and second choice keeper has become a bit clearer.

I noticed he came out and then changed his mind. Personally I don't have an issue with players making mistakes, but they have to learn from them and minimise/stop. That goes for every position.

With our GKs, Redmayne slowly learnt to deal with crosses which was good, but his command of the box wasn't really positive, it never seemed to get better. He would pull out stunning reflex saves but stuff up the simple. Tyson had better communication/authority of his box, but likes leaving his near post exposed and is super keen to advance out (especially when our defence is jostling with the attackers, eg CCM & Roar)

Vedran will probably make mistakes, but if he has the character and attitude to learn, solve them & improve then he will stay at the pointy end of keeper stocks

One thing that was also evident is Janjetovic's long ball play rather than the usual slow short-ball team build up. I wonder if that was a plan or just how Vedran plays

Edited by braad

I'm a huge fan of quick distribution from the keeper and I would always get so frustrated when Redmayne/Tyson would collect a ball and then take their sweet time releasing it. With our build up already being slow enough as it is, we don't need the keeper slowing down the game as well. A few times last night when Vedran quickly released the ball it went to waste because of our typical style of slow play and build up.

Easier said than done but just counter attack quickly when the keeper releases the ball like that! That's one of the great things about Schmeichel for Leicester last season, excellent and quick distribution that leads to counter-attacks resulting in a goal.

Last night just made me realise how conditioned I was to bad goalies. At the beginning of the game I'd get very nervous when a cross came over. By the end of the game I was like "Vedran got this".

At the start of the year I said no to Vedran. After some of the foul-ups we saw this year, I'm so glad we've moved on. Can't believe the smurfs did the swap to be honest. Dumb move.

The emotion of the game really made him step up, The wilkinson save no way tyson or Redmayne save it but still withholding judgement for another 3 games. Lets how he does in a less emotionally charged game

Agreed, but it's nice to have a player that stands up in the big games for once. That's been a big issue for us.

The emotion of the game really made him step up, The wilkinson save no way tyson or Redmayne save it but still withholding judgement for another 3 games. Lets how he does in a less emotionally charged game

Agreed, but it's nice to have a player that stands up in the big games for once. That's been a big issue for us.

Wait for non big games and see the disappointment come. 

Wait for non big games and see the disappointment come.

Reality in our league is no keeper is great.. (now that Ante is gone ;)) For all the talk of Vuka as a freak, he has been well supported by not having to do a hell of a lot with a solid defence in front of him.

He is also prone to the odd **** up as well know from his efforts for Vic against us last year (in a big game).

The GKs we have in the HAL are here because they are HAL GKs. Those who made it overseas at some stage in their careers (Schwarzer, Covic, Jones, Federice, Birighitti, Langerak, Ryan) did so for a reason. What is left behind in the HAL is the best of the rest, to varying degrees. 

After watching footage of Vedran stare down the Cove, the body language was goodbye

Divorce proceedings completed.

Cove says: "I don't want to talk to you again - ever. From now on pick up and drop off the children at the letter box at the beginning of the drive way. Don't ring my door bell. Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't mail me. Stay away from me. I'll throw bottles and snakes at you if you ever come near me again. How dare you leave me (even though it was me who kicked you out)? I hate you."

Vedran's new lover will be much more loving and understanding. Not as young. Not as childish. Not as stuck up, hysterical and self entitled. She's an old school mate of his. Both of them know how the other ticks - maybe too much, and it's a bit awkward still. But both know they are going to have a hell of a fun ride. A perfect match.

Welcome home.