Vedran Janjetovic

mack

3 minutes ago, xxBrandonxx said:

No doubt snake will become a club legend by the time he leaves. 

Wonder if he would have gone to the smurfs if there were 2 teams in Sydney from the start. Being originally from Sydney United and living in the west makes him one of us.

• 8 months later...

He's always been prone to the odd ****-up, but last night's was so bad that Babbel should instantly be in the market for a new keeper.

The actions of a man who was simply not focussed. There is no other explanation for what he did. Whether he was overpumped for a derby, or the rain delay messed with his preparation, is irrelevant. Absolutely atrocious piece of play and he should be on the chopping block. You can't have this kind of unprofessionalism in vital games.

On 16/12/2018 at 8:30 AM, btron3000 said:

He's always been prone to the odd ****-up, but last night's was so bad that Babbel should instantly be in the market for a new keeper.

The actions of a man who was simply not focussed. There is no other explanation for what he did. Whether he was overpumped for a derby, or the rain delay messed with his preparation, is irrelevant. Absolutely atrocious piece of play and he should be on the chopping block. You can't have this kind of unprofessionalism in vital games.

Karius level F up and yea it was that bad that i agree we should go into the market for a new keeper

No doubt it was an absolute shocker, I cant even comprehend what he was or was not thinking. Calling for him to be axed though is a bit much. He has been unreal for us and name a better keeper available for us to sign without using a foreign spot (which would be ridiculous). He screwed up big time, he knows it, he will learn from it and we move forward.

I don’t mind Vedran as the starting keeper, we just need some competition for him. He’s in a position now where he can’t really be dropped because Nizic isn’t a viable starting option. Normally after a disaster like that you’d give a player a week to two to earn their spot back in the starting lineup but that would probably hurt us more overall.

On 19/02/2017 at 4:44 PM, btron3000 said:

I'm loving him, but have to say that if people are only going to love him for on-field performances then they'll end up getting upset a bit. Apart from the Brisbane goal, and being caught in no-mans land last week, this week he came looking for a cross which he got nowhere near.

He's still gonna give you the odd blunder, its just whether we get punished for it.

But his attitude and giving it to the smurfs is awesome.

:xnod: you said it yourself lol and we got punished but i still rate him though.. His the best keep we have had IMO

1 hour ago, octa9ona11 said:

No doubt it was an absolute shocker, I cant even comprehend what he was or was not thinking. Calling for him to be axed though is a bit much. He has been unreal for us and name a better keeper available for us to sign without using a foreign spot (which would be ridiculous). He screwed up big time, he knows it, he will learn from it and we move forward.

Mack has mentioned Birighitti - currently reserve keeper at City - he may be an option.  But that would be subject to City releasing him AND WSW being able to release one of our current keepers.

After a good start with WSW, I haven't been convinced Vedran has been good enough for us - the weekend's stuff up has removed any remaining confidence. 

Punishing a player for a mistake is a bit much yes.

But this is the derby. he knows how much it means to the club and fans. We were up 1-0 and dominating. le Fondre was going NO WHERE and Ziggler was on him the entire time. There were NO SFC players in the box. WTF he went flying out of his box and took out Ziggler and THEN stood off le Fondre to shoot...

3 massive mistakes which were all avoidable.

27 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Punishing a player for a mistake is a bit much yes.

But this is the derby. he knows how much it means to the club and fans. We were up 1-0 and dominating. le Fondre was going NO WHERE and Ziggler was on him the entire time. There were NO SFC players in the box. WTF he went flying out of his box and took out Ziggler and THEN stood off le Fondre to shoot...

3 massive mistakes which were all avoidable.

No conspiracy theories anyone?  I am sure someone on the forum knows why he really did it. Where is Gremio when you need him! ;)

39 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

No conspiracy theories anyone?  I am sure someone on the forum knows why he really did it. Where is Gremio when you need him! ;)

Conspiracy Theory Number One.......The owners of the club have selected a goale and have a secret bet among themselves for a top prize of $1 at the end of the season to see which goalkeeper can provide the biggest c**k up during the season. While Vedran is the standout so far those who selected Nizic are said to confident that,that effort will be surpassed. :crazy: The owners who wins will split the payout of $1 with the player.

Edited by sonar
  • 1 month later...