Vedran Janjetovic

mack

If that was his only ****up of the season i'd be happy with him taking the piss in this game like that. Even if the original mistake had cost us the game.

But given what else he's done. What's next? Running out of his area like a madman just for bantz? It just confirms he doesn't give a ****. And that he has poor self control. Not that we needed proof.

Edited by marron
  • 1 month later...

Interesting  article  interviewing Vedran  in the guardian about penalty science 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/18/penalties-football-goalkeepers-mariners-ben-kennedy

But the best part is one of the comments by cuidad marron 

“Good read.
I'd like to see Janjetovic apply some scientific thought to areas beyond the 6 yard box though, just quietly.”

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, scarcev said:

gooooooone.  Told he can go looking for another Club but geez surely noone will take him on the coin he is on so we will paying for this mistake for a couple of years at least I reckon, he proved at Syd he is not the type to sit on the bench behind someone else.  Cannot say I am upset though.

IPL with Gombau?

But you could then have a situation where you have one squad spot, $100k left in the cap and a player that's only willing to sign for one year for $200k. You give them a two year $100k per year deal, terminate the contract after one year and pay out the remaining $100k (which doesn't count towards the cap) so you effectively paid him $200k for one year when you only had $100k cap space left.

8 hours ago, Davo said:

But you could then have a situation where you have one squad spot, $100k left in the cap and a player that's only willing to sign for one year for $200k. You give them a two year $100k per year deal, terminate the contract after one year and pay out the remaining $100k (which doesn't count towards the cap) so you effectively paid him $200k for one year when you only had $100k cap space left.

Effectively the same can happen now. Sign someone for x years with an under the table agreement to "mutually terminate" after one season.

PS. If the club needs accounting assistance I'm open to offers for a multi year deal with a payout clause.

12 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Effectively the same can happen now. Sign someone for x years with an under the table agreement to "mutually terminate" after one season.

You can, but as it stands you'd either have to get the player to agree to terminate the contract without getting paid for the remainder of their contract or pay them the balance of the contract and have it count towards the cap. In the above hypothetical you could pay them out and not have it count towards the cap.

6 minutes ago, Davo said:

You can, but as it stands you'd either have to get the player to agree to terminate the contract without getting paid for the remainder of their contract or pay them the balance of the contract and have it count towards the cap. In the above hypothetical you could pay them out and not have it count towards the cap.

That's what I meant by under the table pre-arrangement. There would be a mutually agreed payment though just not a full contract payout.

16 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

PS. If the club needs accounting assistance I'm open to offers for a multi year deal with a payout clause.

...is that you, Mr D'appuzzo?

• 2 months later...