Vedran Janjetovic

mack

**** I was meant to copy and paste the content of the article to avoid the clicks, my bad.

wouldn't have changed my opinion :P

great goal by Vedran and great assist by Popa

Sometimes in life bad crap just happens,you don;t mean for it happen,it just does. lol[/quoteYou been watching sokkah in this country for longer than the A-League?

Your post indicates you have that Zen like understanding that only comes from being a long term Oz football follower lol

I disagree, that was a mistake from Vedran.

each time i see that goal i cringe. If you're going to catch that ball make sure your index finger and thumbs are either touching or overlapping. IMHO he needed to have put a fist to that, he timed it well enough to get up there... All well and good in hindsight.

Or just leave it.He was jumping at full arm stretch, making his total height about 230cm at a rough guess, a goal is only 244cm high, and the ball was still rising, he probably could've left it and it would've sailed over the bar (not that you expect any keeper to actually leave a shot like that).
I disagree that he could have left it, needed to take action. If he left it from where he was standing on his distance to the goal there is possibility it could have crept in.

He was in two minds which was why he made a critical error. He had a few options, the best two would have been to catch it or palm it to the side. I think initially he was going to palm it but at the last minute decided to change his mind to catch it. Why catch it instead of palming it? Even though we were under increasing pressure from a number of corners you could see that Vedran struggled to judge a few corners (last two if I am correct?) & looked like he took a bit of a blow to his confidence potentially leading him to second guess himself..

I'm guessing he changed his mind late because he didn't want to concede another corner & thought that he would catch it, go to ground, waste a few seconds, drop the ball down before kicking it far up the field as possible. With the type of luck & rub of the green moments go against us this season, I wasb't surprised it went in. Obviously just a guess, but that is the way I saw it.

--------------------------

One of my biggest concerns about Vedran was that he often showed this type of mistake at Easts often, not in the big games but the regular run of the mill game leading to many dropped points for Easts. He has been fantastic for us in the three or so games we have had him but look forward to him getting rid of that sort of brain explosion going forward.

**** I was meant to copy and paste the content of the article to avoid the clicks, my bad.

wouldn't have changed my opinion  :P

Oh its a rubbish article, I just had to share it though.

Edited by Jewwfro

wouldn't have changed my opinion :P

Oh its a rubbish article, I just had to share it though.

Um, should you be sharing a banned site?!? :ninja:

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/84-forum-rules/#entry98

• 2 weeks later...

Had my doubts when I first heard he was joining, but with every game he has proved himself. He hates ESFC and they haven't scored against him in the 2 games.

Everybody did. If it wasn't for the fact that Tyson and Redmayne were utterly incapable I think the general response would've been far more hostile.

I just saw a replay of Vedran's save against Bobo in the 82nd minute...unbelievable. When listening on the radio I didn't understand what the **** was going on when that happened! Absolutely world class save.

Had my doubts when I first heard he was joining, but with every game he has proved himself. He hates ESFC and they haven't scored against him in the 2 games.

Everybody did. If it wasn't for the fact that Tyson and Redmayne were utterly incapable I think the general response would've been far more hostile.

I just saw a replay of Vedran's save against Bobo in the 82nd minute...unbelievable. When listening on the radio I didn't understand what the **** was going on when that happened! Absolutely world class save.

I thought 'goal', i expected the ESFC fans to go up in celebration...i looked down and there was a roar but from the WSW end. It was a ACL final second leg moment for sure.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/vedran-janjetovic-the-hero-for-western-sydney-in-dramatic-controversial-sydney-derby-win/news-story/78167cae6e8951b27d70a7099923ac21

Classic A Harper `"“Talk about autopilot, what about the ‘snake’ — Janjetovic. Stood tall, backed his reflexes, pulls off a blinder and then gets back to his feet and slithers to the goal line.â€

Will this go into the history books along side his " Up like a spawning salmon" comment of some years ago??

:lol:  :lol: 

According to Arnie, Vedran didn't do any saves the ball just hit him..... Hopefully it keeps hitting him , don't care how he keeps them out as long as he does.

It would be too much for Arnie to give a great save to Vedran, the words would be stuck somewhere in his throat and would be impossible to come out. Must have been so sweet for Vedran last night.

Too bad for him that Santa's shot didn't 'just hit' Vukovic.

I thought Vukovic had a great game last night also, he is a very good keeper I think. Two good keepers on show last night,

According to Arnie, Vedran didn't do any saves the ball just hit him..... Hopefully it keeps hitting him , don't care how he keeps them out as long as he does.

It would be too much for Arnie to give a great save to Vedran, the words would be stuck somewhere in his throat and would be impossible to come out. Must have been so sweet for Vedran last night.

Too bad for him that Santa's shot didn't 'just hit' Vukovic.

I thought Vukovic had a great game last night also, he is a very good keeper I think. Two good keepers on show last night,

Vukovic is the main reason they are where they are. He has easily won them 15-20 pts this season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/vedran-janjetovic-the-hero-for-western-sydney-in-dramatic-controversial-sydney-derby-win/news-story/78167cae6e8951b27d70a7099923ac21

Classic A Harper `"“Talk about autopilot, what about the ‘snake’ — Janjetovic. Stood tall, backed his reflexes, pulls off a blinder and then gets back to his feet and slithers to the goal line.â€

Will this go into the history books along side his " Up like a spawning salmon" comment of some years ago??

:lol:  :lol: 

That great stuff from Harper he does have the knack of coming out with belters, him and Zelic.

I'm loving him, but have to say that if people are only going to love him for on-field performances then they'll end up getting upset a bit. Apart from the Brisbane goal, and being caught in no-mans land last week, this week he came looking for a cross which he got nowhere near.

He's still gonna give you the odd blunder, its just whether we get punished for it.

But his attitude and giving it to the smurfs is awesome.

He's still gonna give you the odd blunder,

Name a goal keeper that doesn't?

Goalkeeper blunders are always more obvious to the spectators because they usually result in a goal. Even if they don't necessarily make a blunder but concede, people will give them **** for it (like redmayne)