Jump to content

Vedran Janjetovic


mack

Recommended Posts

If that was his only ****up of the season i'd be happy with him taking the piss in this game like that. Even if the original mistake had cost us the game.

But given what else he's done. What's next? Running out of his area like a madman just for bantz? It just confirms he doesn't give a ****. And that he has poor self control. Not that we needed proof.

 

Edited by marron
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Interesting  article  interviewing Vedran  in the guardian about penalty science 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/18/penalties-football-goalkeepers-mariners-ben-kennedy

But the best part is one of the comments by cuidad marron 

“Good read.
I'd like to see Janjetovic apply some scientific thought to areas beyond the 6 yard box though, just quietly.”

 

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, scarcev said:

gooooooone.  Told he can go looking for another Club but geez surely noone will take him on the coin he is on so we will paying for this mistake for a couple of years at least I reckon, he proved at Syd he is not the type to sit on the bench behind someone else.  Cannot say I am upset though.

IPL with Gombau?

Link to post

But you could then have a situation where you have one squad spot, $100k left in the cap and a player that's only willing to sign for one year for $200k. You give them a two year $100k per year deal, terminate the contract after one year and pay out the remaining $100k (which doesn't count towards the cap) so you effectively paid him $200k for one year when you only had $100k cap space left.

Link to post
8 hours ago, Davo said:

But you could then have a situation where you have one squad spot, $100k left in the cap and a player that's only willing to sign for one year for $200k. You give them a two year $100k per year deal, terminate the contract after one year and pay out the remaining $100k (which doesn't count towards the cap) so you effectively paid him $200k for one year when you only had $100k cap space left.

Effectively the same can happen now. Sign someone for x years with an under the table agreement to "mutually terminate" after one season.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS. If the club needs accounting assistance I'm open to offers for a multi year deal with a payout clause.

Link to post
12 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Effectively the same can happen now. Sign someone for x years with an under the table agreement to "mutually terminate" after one season.

You can, but as it stands you'd either have to get the player to agree to terminate the contract without getting paid for the remainder of their contract or pay them the balance of the contract and have it count towards the cap. In the above hypothetical you could pay them out and not have it count towards the cap.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Davo said:

You can, but as it stands you'd either have to get the player to agree to terminate the contract without getting paid for the remainder of their contract or pay them the balance of the contract and have it count towards the cap. In the above hypothetical you could pay them out and not have it count towards the cap.

That's what I meant by under the table pre-arrangement. There would be a mutually agreed payment though just not a full contract payout.

Link to post
16 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Effectively the same can happen now. Sign someone for x years with an under the table agreement to "mutually terminate" after one season.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS. If the club needs accounting assistance I'm open to offers for a multi year deal with a payout clause.

...is that you, Mr D'appuzzo?

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

"Janjetovic will be sidelined for the next six months after a recurring rotator cuff tear in his right shoulder."

Does that make Lopar an injury replacement, as far as the cap is concerned?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Davo said:

Are you allowed to use a visa player as an injury replacement for a non-visa player?

Think so but the FFA make up rules as they go along all the time.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...