Vedran Janjetovic

mack

4 hours ago, FCB said:

"Janjetovic will be sidelined for the next six months after a recurring rotator cuff tear in his right shoulder."

Does that make Lopar an injury replacement, as far as the cap is concerned?

That's creative. Right now I'm not sure the cap even matters with this whole independence situation.

Could get us ~6 months of Vedran's large salary off the cap.

Guess it comes down to whatever requirements the FFA/A-League has to consider a player as an injury replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2019 at 10:37 PM, mack said:

6 months of wages covered by insurance.

Not that matters much, that’s just about covering the clubs costs at the end of the day.

Does nothing for our salary cap unless we sign a keeper or perhaps we could find a ST or CF that’s played goal keeper before & sign him a “injury replacement” :ninja:

28 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Not that matters much, that’s just about covering the clubs costs at the end of the day.

Does nothing for our salary cap unless we sign a keeper or perhaps we could find a ST or CF that’s played goal keeper before & sign him a “injury replacement” :ninja:

My eldest son is available! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

There was a Smithies article earlier in the year that we seem to have missed here. Not gonna link because Smithies, but the general gist is the shoulder injury (rotator cuff) happened towards the end of that Roar game that he kicked the ball out. Shortly before the Roar's first goal, Taggart fired a shot across his right and he got hurt on the dive save attempt. Supposedly that had something to do with his idiotic decision to knock the ball out for a corner (smells like bullshit to me on that specific part, but who knows). Then he played another 9 games on painkillers that only made it worse, then finally had to give up and have surgery.

Then Babbel told him to find a new club. The article was back in February. It's been a year and 10 months since the injury.

• 2 months later...

Just watched the fortnite stream on the Wanderers twitch account.

Vedran said he will be back within a month or 2.

Someone asked him what he was thinking leading up to the Roar mistake and he blamed it on his shoulder (how does that make you touch a ball going out for a goal kick?) as Mack said above.

3 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Just watched the fortnite stream on the Wanderers twitch account.

Vedran said he will be back within a month or 2.

Someone asked him what he was thinking leading up to the Roar mistake and he blamed it on his shoulder (how does that make you touch a ball going out for a goal kick?) as Mack said above.

Honestly, he is done.

I think we can all agree that Margush has earned to be the first choice goalkeeper for the squad.

This means that Noah James and Janjetnovic will be battling out for 2nd choice goalkeeper. However, you think for someone to be out of the game for almost 2 years now is going to be completely rusted which would make him drop to 3rd choice goalkeeper. 

Personally, It's time for him to hang up the boots and maybe be look at being a goalkeeping coach for the lower grades within the Wanderers Academy OR if he still wants to play some football, he'll easily be signed to an NPL club.

5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Honestly, he is done.

I think we can all agree that Margush has earned to be the first choice goalkeeper for the squad.

This means that Noah James and Janjetnovic will be battling out for 2nd choice goalkeeper. However, you think for someone to be out of the game for almost 2 years now is going to be completely rusted which would make him drop to 3rd choice goalkeeper. 

Personally, It's time for him to hang up the boots and maybe be look at being a goalkeeping coach for the lower grades within the Wanderers Academy OR if he still wants to play some football, he'll easily be signed to an NPL club.

No doubt Margush has earned his spot, not going to dispute that.

Unsure of who would be 2nd or 3rd choice goalkeeper.

Guess it all depends on what they're like on the training ground.

A League Memes taking the mickey on Wanderers fans.....Two years ago today........

The fact that he was given a 4(?) year deal was absurd, one of the worst bits of signing business by the club. In a salary capped league, to do that with a keeper was unfathomable. Maybe you'd pull that with an amazing young talent, but a middle of the road keeper? I was just as annoyed that they did the same with King Bridge (5 years I think?) but at least we got a transfer fee when he went to Thailand.

51 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Two years on and I'm still pissed off about it

nah, it was an "injured shoulder" obviously, that definitely caused him to do fancy footwork.

Like whenever I break my arm I just start doing stepovers and around the worlds in my 6 yard box.

I was at this game but I kinda find it funny now.