Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 14/1/2017 7:50PM

i wonder how many police will attend this match compared to the BBL

A conservative estimate would be 10 fold, if you include all those accompanying marches etc.

When I went to Allianz last season there was some self-styled ultra sitting behind us who spent the entire match swearing at the cops and trying to break seats.

The coppers are ridiculous at times, but we have a smattering of farkwits who have no clue.

A conservative estimate would be 10 fold, if you include all those accompanying marches etc.

When I went to Allianz last season there was some self-styled ultra sitting behind us who spent the entire match swearing at the cops and trying to break seats.

The coppers are ridiculous at times, but we have a smattering of farkwits who have no clue.

Agree entirely, we've got our share of ****wit fans. As does cricket, rugby league, AFL and pretty much every other sport. The difference is the attitudes of the police to the average spectator.

I've been to Parramatta Eels games at Parra where there were 8 police in the entire stadium. 2 for each stand. You'd never see that at a WSW game.

Agree entirely, we've got our share of ****wit fans. As does cricket, rugby league, AFL and pretty much every other sport. The difference is the attitudes of the police to the average spectator.

I've been to Parramatta Eels games at Parra where there were 8 police in the entire stadium. 2 for each stand. You'd never see that at a WSW game.

Yeah, the ****wit fans are everywhere, and they follow all teams, but I hate it when someone like that reinforces the negative stereotypes - it just means that other passionate fans (who might be a little close to the edge, admittedly) cop the right royal **** for just having fun.

This has got to be the first time that Popa has talked **** before a derby. Is this a good sign of some change? Some more fire in the dressing room?

For the first time Annie hasn't been taking the pressure of his team. Instead he has put pressure on his defence, if Vukovic makes a save, the WSW have already exceeded expectations. Will the smurfs go into this game thinking that if they won 4-0 last time, they can breeze their way to an 8-0 win?

This has already been a different build up to the last 8 derbies. It is time to win. Whether that means we score with an offside goal in then 93rd minute with a player that should have been sent off for elbowing Matt Simon in the head. Or if it means taking our chances for once and flukeing a 4-0 win like they did. It is our time.

This has got to be the first time that Popa has talked **** before a derby. Is this a good sign of some change? Some more fire in the dressing room?

For the first time Annie hasn't been taking the pressure of his team. Instead he has put pressure on his defence, if Vukovic makes a save, the WSW have already exceeded expectations. Will the smurfs go into this game thinking that if they won 4-0 last time, they can breeze their way to an 8-0 win?

This has already been a different build up to the last 8 derbies. It is time to win. Whether that means we score with an offside goal in then 93rd minute with a player that should have been sent off for elbowing Matt Simon in the head. Or if it means taking our chances for once and flukeing a 4-0 win like they did. It is our time.

No, he actually once responded to Arnie about how our crowd fills half his stadium. But in all honesty, Popa comes across as too nice a guy to say something that will really get to Arnie. I think he is just going along with the whole thing of "selling the game to the public".

Doubt we'll see Antonis tomorrow night, other than sitting in the stands.

Didn't Popa come out within the first week and say he was impressed with his fitness? Was this more of an ACL signing then?

That was code for he's fitter than most that arrive @ WSW. 

Maybe next week or there's a possibility he'll get some minutes v's COE on Sunday

This mirrors Liverpool vs Everton to a tee...... it has been a long time since Everton won a derby against the Reds and we are fast becomming the "Everton" of our Sydney derby. I would like to win this game even if it is from a late scrappy off the post rebound offside goal.

This mirrors Liverpool vs Everton to a tee...... it has been a long time since Everton won a derby against the Reds and we are fast becomming the "Everton" of our Sydney derby. I would like to win this game even if it is from a late scrappy off the post rebound offside goal.

Just as likely to lose it that way too. !

I'm really looking forward to this one - No expectations. We've had more success in our short history than most teams have had in the last 50 years so sometimes we just have to suck it up.Its easy to take over East Sydney when we're top of the league, but much more impressive when we are shite!

Got the usual bunch of mates going, a heap of pre match beers - belt out a few chants and enjoy it ..... and you never know, you just never know.............

He a ******* chunt Arnie isnt he lol Didnt take long for the verbal **** to fly.

Prob is...Popa is his bitch, Arnie owns him.

any lazy coach can forget about there up and coming kids a buy a stack of overrated fur seals arnie banarnie,,but popa has given 6 kids a go and purchased three fringe socceroos he has also about 6 in the young socceroos and a heap in the joeys,so what smurf kid is gettin a go ,arnie thinks he is the headline act but he is fooling everyone in at pixie land with his clown act even the kids coaches ,parents, players ,if they think he will give them a chance to develop into a league players there dreaming ,why didnt a local kid get a go to replace matt jurman no he went and bought in a has been to fill a gap ,so why bother with the headline when there is no chance of pixie giving the kids a go ,talk about kids wasting there time on the slippery dip ,check book charlie is the only thing that saved a lazy clown from the sword a they still think he can coach ,popa is miles ahead in all forms of being a true a league development pathway coach and mentor for the pros of tomorrow,and he does not big note himself for a headline 

He a ******* chunt Arnie isnt he lol Didnt take long for the verbal **** to fly.

Prob is...Popa is his bitch, Arnie owns him.

any lazy coach can forget about there up and coming kids a buy a stack of overrated fur seals arnie banarnie,,but popa has given 6 kids a go and purchased three fringe socceroos he has also about 6 in the young socceroos and a heap in the joeys,so what smurf kid is gettin a go ,arnie thinks he is the headline act but he is fooling everyone in at pixie land with his clown act even the kids coaches ,parents, players ,if they think he will give them a chance to develop into a league players there dreaming ,why didnt a local kid get a go to replace matt jurman no he went and bought in a has been to fill a gap ,so why bother with the headline when there is no chance of pixie giving the kids a go ,talk about kids wasting there time on the slippery dip ,check book charlie is the only thing that saved a lazy clown from the sword a they still think he can coach ,popa is miles ahead in all forms of being a true a league development pathway coach and mentor for the pros of tomorrow,and he does not big note himself for a headline

Did you fail grammar at school?

I can't read that **** when it is presented like that.

I've avoided this thread, and social media for a few days. But I just checked the aleague Redditch. Full of chunts.

**** I hope we win tomorrow. See you there.

I rarely ever go there. The sub is just filled with a disproportionate amount of Smurfs and Wellington fans. Discussion of football is kept at a minimum while people make 'banter' as awkwardly as possible. I also don't understand why an A-League sub covers the NZ national team??

This forum is 10x the quality of the A-League sub; far more informative.

My REVOLUTIONARY tactic for this game is that Nico should play as a false nine and run at their new defender. There's no one better than him at getting out of tight spaces, so even if they double up on him with Wilkinson, I'd fancy him to cause them some hassles.

There is a massive opportunity to hurt them with a rookie in defence, and he will **** his pants having to deal with Nico. Even if he just starts out there and then reverts to type. I remember Guardiola doing that once with Messi (I think in a CL final against Man United?), where he played through the middle for the first time and Eto'o was out wide, and the CBs had no idea, and by the time they switched back to their normal positions the defence was a shambles.

#false9 #tikitaka #craigfoster

Edited by luisenrique