Derby Draw Drops Wanderers To 8th

Green bottled it, simples.  He is in perfect position, he is looking directly at it, and he bottled it, hence the reason for the goalkick and not the corner kick. Simple match awareness will tell you, when a bloke has a shot at goal and the ball is rising, if the ball trajectory suddenly drops and it bounce then it HAS TO HAVE HIT SOMETHING.  Funny it wasnt even his worst call of the night.  The foul on Sotirio at the edge of the box is a blatant foul, he is in perfect position, and he sees it and waves play away.  Once again he bottled it, as a foul there sees Grant get his second yellow.  That decision was just as bad and once again, just like the 2013GF he bottled it.

2 weeks in a row Cornthwaite has had a good game. Seems being dropped has fired him up.

Only injury/suspension will give Borda his place back.

We need a striker, right now.

During the 2nd half I kept asking those around me "are the cove even here? Obviously they only sing when they score/winning"

Seriously that was their worst performance. For a team coming first they were dead silent for the entire 2nd half.

All the effort from the Cove went in to the tifo and first 5 min, nothing left after that. They seemed to be expecting something, that is what a run of success against a team does to you, you wait for a goal that you expect. Every person that ******* idiot on the big screen interviewed in the crowed were like 'we are going to win this 4-0 again'. Those kinds of expectations can weigh heavy and the ESFC crowd were waiting for something that never came.

We were a half decent striker away from turning them over.

Funny you say that a mate sent me a link from the cove forum where one cove member says "the cove was utter utter shite and downright embarrassing" hahahahahaha  http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=22704.325

Their forum nicknames us NRMA Western Suburbs? Good one.

Well done to all that travelled last night, certainly made our presence felt. We were even heard on the BBL coverage :lol:

Funny you say that a mate sent me a link from the cove forum where one cove member says "the cove was utter utter shite and downright embarrassing" hahahahahaha [/size]http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=22704.325

Their forum nicknames us NRMA Western Suburbs? Good one.
:rofl: I can feel the burn all the way in the western suburbs. They throw the tag west around as if we are offended by it :rofl: They really don't get it :lol:

Last night on Twitter a smurf said "stop swaying side to side & make some noise" :rofl:

Melb City and ESFC cannot be allowed to fail this season...Peter Green got the memo like the rest of us so why the surprise.. been going on all ******* season unless you are MC or ESFC....

It is hard not to be cynical when city & Easts week after week seem to be getting decisions in there favour

I'll be interested to see how Cornthwaite pulls up after the game. In the second half he was grabbing his hamstring a few times and trying to stretch it out. I don't know whether he ran out of steam or he was too worried about the hammy but to get subbed off for Hamill with a couple of minutes to go was strange.

I'd go with cramp. His second game in 3 months & the conditions were disgusting. Conditions would have taken a toll & could see Cornflakes absolutely sucking in the big ones towards the end. It didn't make sense from going for a win perspective but:

The game was getting stretched & he looked like he was struggling. Do you bring on a striker in Majok who might not do much or do you shore up the defence to make sure you take away a point after our first complete 90 minute performance? It was a pragmatic substitution but would have been gut wrenching for all if we didn't get something from that game.

Also don't ever post a link to the ESFC forum again. I've found myself down a rabbit hole, completely amazed at some of the utter garbage they can come up with. Complaining that the RBB sings at a low register, one smurf got upset that we didn't try to sing "up an octave". Another said that he would rather have 10 minutes of singing songs with lots of lyrics than 90 minutes of melody (a la Dale Cavese).

My brain hurts.

Funny it wasnt even his worst call of the night.  The foul on Sotirio at the edge of the box is a blatant foul, he is in perfect position, and he sees it and waves play away.  Once again he bottled it, as a foul there sees Grant get his second yellow.  That decision was just as bad and once again, just like the 2013GF he bottled it.

Sotirio got fouled hard at least 4 or 5 times that game, and two of them were thanks to Grant who played like a mongrel all game and got away with it. Green had zero control of the game, absolutely disgraceful officiating. 

I think Vedran has redeemed himself in my eyes. Not only was his control of the box fantastic but he also made that faarken beautiful save. Add onto that how he handled the pressure of the Cove in the second half...did not bother him at all. Clearly he has had enough with the Smurfs and how the club has treated him over the past 6 months.

Also, video of Vedran confronting the Smurflets:

https://streamable.com/uj9ri

Well done to all that travelled last night, certainly made our presence felt. We were even heard on the BBL coverage :lol:

Seriously? Did they make a mention of it or something - would've been so funny if one of the commentators were like "Yeah this crowd is really getting into it" before someone corrects them with "Umm... I think that's from next door"

Also I think the Big Bash attendance was 39756, so it was quite close to ours actually - but nice for us to sink the boot in. I'm laughing at all these Twitter trolls saying "Yeah your derby was 0-0 BORING", and yet if you look at the trends, #SydneyDerby is still trending, and I can't see much - if anything at all - about Sixers v Thunder

On the way back to the station, had a few people come up and ask me the score. There is knowledge of the game out there - lots of untapped potential I feel. Hopefully we can get back on track and really get a big attendance at ANZ in 5 weeks (these turnaround times are ridiculous)

Funny it wasnt even his worst call of the night. The foul on Sotirio at the edge of the box is a blatant foul, he is in perfect position, and he sees it and waves play away. Once again he bottled it, as a foul there sees Grant get his second yellow. That decision was just as bad and once again, just like the 2013GF he bottled it.

Sotirio got fouled hard at least 4 or 5 times that game, and two of them were thanks to Grant who played like a mongrel all game and got away with it. Green had zero control of the game, absolutely disgraceful officiating.

I think Vedran has redeemed himself in my eyes. Not only was his control of the box fantastic but he also made that faarken beautiful save. Add onto that how he handled the pressure of the Cove in the second half...did not bother him at all. Clearly he has had enough with the Smurfs and how the club has treated him over the past 6 months.

Also, video of Vedran confronting the Smurflets:

https://streamable.com/uj9ri

The video is brilliant he's my new hero

How grant stays on the field is amazing

Our crowd was higher than the BBL (40k vs 39k). Our crowd was 200 less than the last Allianz derby. In the end, they took dozens of us, where as they probably would have hit over 40 without us there (the SCG fits more than Allianz). They take dozens of us, we took thousands of them. Such **** for trying to directly and cynically take us on. We clearly won that battle.

Oh, and their game was a complete dud that no-one will remember by Tuesday. We have talking points out of this that could go for weeks.

The Cove seemed half arsed to me too. Majority of the time I looked across the field at them there didn't look like much was going on at all. I'm not even trying to hang **** on them, this is a genuine observation. Sure they've got plenty of passengers given the event but even the core bay down the front looked dead. Real weird, I dunno what the story was there.

Our crowd was higher than the BBL (40k vs 37k). Our crowd was 200 less than the last Allianz derby. In the end, they took dozens of us, where as they probably wpuld have hit 40 without us there. They take dozens of us, we took thousands of them. Such **** for trying to directly and cynically take us on. We clearly won that battle.

Oh, and their game was a complete dud that no-one will remember by Tuesday. We have talking points out of this that could go for weeks.

What game?

The Cove seemed half arsed to me too. Majority of the time I looked across the field at them there didn't look like much was going on at all. I'm not even trying to hang **** on them, this is a genuine observation. Sure they've got plenty of passengers given the event but even the core bay down the front looked dead. Real weird, I dunno what the story was there.

Checking over on the Cove forum even some of their stalwarts are admitting that the Cove was shyte last night and it's a continuing issue. Apart from jizzing themselves over their tifo and good sound early on, they were muted for much of the game.

As for Big Brash fans saying we had a boring 0-0 draw. That's just a massive differentiation between football and other sports. Our match's result was in play until the last second. No it wasn't a great game, but it was still a great occasion and it was tense right to the end. Wasn't the cricket over virtually at half time?

They cheer for winners. Only get loud when they are ahead.

Last night they imploded as they were expecting a walk over. Arnie has been telling them for three months that they are only at 60%. They are still waiting for the remaining 40% to be delivered.

Yes, I think Arnie has been feeding his players some vitamins and going for the placebo effect. "You are only at 60%. You can and will get better".

Also don't ever post a link to the ESFC forum again. I've found myself down a rabbit hole, completely amazed at some of the utter garbage they can come up with. Complaining that the RBB sings at a low register, one smurf got upset that we didn't try to sing "up an octave". Another said that he would rather have 10 minutes of singing songs with lots of lyrics than 90 minutes of melody (a la Dale Cavese).

My brain hurts.

Many of the Cove still don't understand Active Support...

And then there was the Smurf, totally plastered, held up on his feet by a female, beer in his hand, big smile on his face, stating that "all wanderers mothers are c*****. He was dragged away by the female.

Jamie Oliver suggests that Smurfs, before cooking, have to be soaked in milk for a day to get rid off any unpleasant odors. They then have to simmer for several hours to ensure that all toxins are killed off.

Now I understand why.

I honestly can't understand how they are so proud of their tifo? they are as delusional as their head coach and CEO. Is there something in the trust fund babies water?

I eagerly await our tifo in five weeks, maybe a baby smurf throwing toy snakes out of a pram?

What I notice more and more is that the derby seems to bring out the worst in all of their supporters, club officials and players as human beings. It's nice to know have that effect on them..

I honestly can't understand how they are so proud of their tifo? they are as delusional as their head coach and CEO. Is there something in the trust fund babies water?

I eagerly await our tifo in five weeks, maybe a baby smurf throwing toy snakes out of a pram?

What I notice more and more is that the derby seems to bring out the worst in all of their supporters, club officials and players as human beings. It's nice to know have that effect on them..

Our existence defines them.

The Cove seemed half arsed to me too. 

The Cove seem like something out of 1960's Australia during its whites only policy.  Real mixed bunch of faces in there though.  Fat, thin, dumb, dumber.

That smile as he turns though.  Ved 1 Cove 0.  The flying bottles are admitting defeat by the Cove.

He's probably just got it now..  The blue blood coursing through his veins was just plastic in reality in keeping for playing with the soulless vacuum out east.  As we all know true Sydney players blood is and always has been red with a bit of black thrown in.

Edited by KGee

The Cove seem like something out of 1960's Australia during its whites only policy.  Real mixed bunch of faces in there though.  Fat, thin, dumb, dumber.

The team for all of Sydney. Not. The cove looked like the demographic that supported the Shire during the Cronulla riots.

who ever made that tiffo should be very very very very proud of the way they portray there club [ were they rock spiders that i saw on the banner, yes that would fit in with the oxford street art world , i can see why no one really got the warped message ,gee they live in pixieland

who ever made that tiffo should be very very very very proud of the way they portray there club [ were they rock spiders that i saw on the banner, yes that would fit in with the oxford street art world , i can see why no one really got the warped message ,gee they live in pixieland

This

That smile as he turns though.  Ved 1 Cove 0.  The flying bottles are admitting defeat by the Cove.

He's probably just got it now..  The blue blood coursing through his veins was just plastic in reality in keeping for playing with the soulless vacuum out east.  As we all know true Sydney players blood is and always has been red with a bit of black thrown in.

Clearly all they have are cartoon mascots, 10 mins of hard lyrics and bottle throwing