mack

Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

48 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

The worker stood on the future pitch area you pretend is a player and it gives you a sense of scale to the place, just ******* awesome.

6 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

What's AirPAT?

Grass root growing systems I think, state of the art grass growing and all that..I think anyway. Come a ******* long way since muddy pitched and hardly a blade of grass lol

AirPat-Illustration-v4.png

Edited by Smoggy

Is anyone here a Parramatta league member? My mate just got told his membership cost at the new stadium will rise from $310 to $955. Said another mate was seeing his seat (top category) go from $500 to $1500. Surely this is looney tunes?

edit: Just going out they are on the western stand. Wouldn’t be surprised if Wanderers offered a similar sort of deal.

General Admission....$150...? If that is true that is scandalous.......It's the NRL mate, not the effing world cup....lol

Edited by sonar

GA for the stadium will probably be the corners. A season membership for $150 isn't that bad.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

GA for the stadium will probably be the corners. A season membership for $150 isn't that bad.

My mistake if it's for a season....I was taking the $150 General Admission as a per game price. Can you get General Admission season tickets....?

Seating map for Eels in 2019

tlo-Anbf_bigger.jpgJR. @JR_24X
FollowFollow @JR_24X
More

Hey @TheParraEels do I get any discount for being a loyal parra fan all my life despite the fact that we have been **** and the club has been letting down fans on and off the field for decades?

DjgKWIjU0AAW08q.jpg

DjgKWmHUYAA5KBD.jpg
6:59 PM - 1 Aug 2018

1 hour ago, mack said:

Another photo.

sta.png.81c036d695846511c1ae1cbd02de0be4.png

woooowwww just wow

Regarding the stadium layout map posted above for the Eels memberships, there's a large section in the north east corner (bottom right of pic) that is unallocated. Could this be where one video screen is going, and if that is the case, will that reduce capacity?

When I was at the stadium the other day and took the pic that Mack posted above, I saw a large structural metal frame in that area of the upper deck, but it had not yet been attached to the roofing framework.

Also, it hasn't really been confirmed whether there is going to be one video screen or two. Original renders showed two, but there was talk of cutting this back to one. Anyone know anything further about this?

I thought the north end was going to be all one tier. That layout does not show that. The layout I assume is wrong?

It was originally meant to be one tier but the finished design removed it. It was probably a cost issue due to requiring a different design to the other 2 stands. The announcement after the bid was won confused a lot of people as they accidentally left in the "single tier kop" section that was part of the bidding but should have been removed.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

I thought the north end was going to be all one tier. That layout does not show that. The layout I assume is wrong?

We've been through this before.

Also, all the pics of construction have shown a two tiered north stand.

On 02/08/2018 at 12:11 AM, Taurus said:

Seating map for Eels in 2019

tlo-Anbf_bigger.jpgJR. @JR_24X
FollowFollow @JR_24X
More

Hey @TheParraEels do I get any discount for being a loyal parra fan all my life despite the fact that we have been **** and the club has been letting down fans on and off the field for decades?

DjgKWIjU0AAW08q.jpg

DjgKWmHUYAA5KBD.jpg
6:59 PM - 1 Aug 2018

I know this is the eels seating layout , but I’m curious to know we’re away day supporters are going to be allocated for WSW games , will it be in the same S/E corner & will they allocate general admission seats above the active end (north ) to smurf supporters for the derbies .... active members be prepared for bottles above .....!

Looks like S/E corner which may be why no seats offered to Eels members there as well

I guess we are all assuming that the Southwest corner will be completed once the rest of the stadium is complete, explaining the gap?

15 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I guess we are all assuming that the Southwest corner will be completed once the rest of the stadium is complete, explaining the gap?

I assume that gap allows ease of construction access to the rest of the stadium from the inside.

Keep in mind that they need to keep bays free for general public tickets 

7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I assume that gap allows ease of construction access to the rest of the stadium from the inside.

Yep. This is exactly what is happening. The south east corner is now the only construction access. Even the roof trusses for the western stand are now being put together and lifted into position from outside the stadium.

The stadium will not be opened until the whole thing is complete.

23 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

The stadium will not be opened until the whole thing is complete.

Seems logical. Might be a few deaths if we're playing a game with bulldozers on the pitch.

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Seems logical. Might be a few deaths if we're playing a game with bulldozers on the pitch.

It was suggested in an earlier post that the stadium might open while incomplete. Hence my comment.

36488208_10156606112555406_420771177120661504_o.thumb.jpg.a0613016a824107b7b5a1918311e9072.jpg

This is what I was talking about the other day.

The video screen taking up so many seats in the north east corner. Hence, the Eels season ticket layout which shows all these seats behind this unavailable for sale.

If this is the case, it's a monumental **** up in the design. Hopefully it is lifted up and attached to the roof.

39 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

36488208_10156606112555406_420771177120661504_o.thumb.jpg.a0613016a824107b7b5a1918311e9072.jpg

This is what I was talking about the other day.

The video screen taking up so many seats in the north east corner. Hence, the Eels season ticket layout which shows all these seats behind this unavailable for sale.

If this is the case, it's a monumental **** up in the design. Hopefully it is lifted up and attached to the roof.

Doubt it will be lifted up. Boro did the same thing and took rows of seats out to install big screens, but that is a 25 year old stadium that couldn't be incorporated any other way. For a new build to have to use up so many rows is so ******* stupid.

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Doubt it will be lifted up. Boro did the same thing and took rows of seats out to install big screens, but that is a 25 year old stadium that couldn't be incorporated any other way. For a new build to have to use up so many rows is so ******* stupid.

Well, my old seats, and the seats I'm hoping to get again, are just above where those two people are standing.

Doesn't look like I'll be seeing many replays. :)