Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

3 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

The Eels seating plan included some [expensive] seats in the SW end at the front of the western stand.  WSW doesn't because ... ?

I understand a forum member with a pre existing group of about 70 members might have a seating option for the group in the front NW end of the western stand.

So there are a [small] number of non corporate seats in the western stand but the map ignores them.

I could be wrong - but I think someone pointed out that memberships for some non-corporate seating down near the pitch would be available - but would cost many times the previous cost of Red memberships? Taurus comes to mind maybe?

From memory - with was going to cost maybe $1500???

Something crazy like that. Anyone remember that being discussed??

52 minutes ago, Chief said:

Memberships for non corporates have become available to Parramatta fans. I would say there'll be a couple of thousand seats available to the general public on the eastern side.  It is not fully  corporate 

And they're ridiculously expensive?

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Memberships for non corporates have become available to Parramatta fans. I would say there'll be a couple of thousand seats available to the general public on the eastern side.  It is not fully  corporate 

The corporate side is the western side, not the eastern side. Aren't you the one who snuck through a fence and gave us all incredible updates?

Edited by Wanderboy
10 hours ago, Erebus said:

Its saves cost by having all the corporate and media on one side.

its not facing the camera so the stadium will always look decently filled.

Every seat in the house will be amazing because of how close you'll be and the rake.

WSW fans, especially on FB, like to whinge about everything.

Obviously WDYSF isn't going to be done to the Western Stand.

Everyone complaining can petition WSW to remain at SOP indefinitely.

Wow man, this is quite an insolent response from you imo. I know of a lot of people that look to be getting well shafted in this wash up, myself included.

I'm just waiting on the official letters to come through with exact seating before having to make some decisions on multiple memberships.

So tell me, should I look at this from the point of view of customer satisfaction, game day experience or a purist football fan? Which part are you suggesting I'll be unnecessarily complaining about?

I get that **** changes in life but I could've done without all the memberships I held onto the last few seasons. Plus sometimes you just hang in there expecting **** to eventually work out and they just keep letting you down.

If you know something I don't, I'm happy to hear it.

12 hours ago, redandblack said:

Wow man, this is quite an insolent response from you imo. I know of a lot of people that look to be getting well shafted in this wash up, myself included.

I'm just waiting on the official letters to come through with exact seating before having to make some decisions on multiple memberships.

So tell me, should I look at this from the point of view of customer satisfaction, game day experience or a purist football fan? Which part are you suggesting I'll be unnecessarily complaining about?

I get that **** changes in life but I could've done without all the memberships I held onto the last few seasons. Plus sometimes you just hang in there expecting **** to eventually work out and they just keep letting you down.

If you know something I don't, I'm happy to hear it.

I know people who are losing their halfway black membership and pushed to the sides. But what do you expect the club to do? All they can do is try and accommodate their members as best they can within the scope.

Not sure why you took it personally. WSW fans are notorious whingers on SM (especially FB). Just check a Starting XI FB post or post match post. Every insignificant detail is scrutinised. Wheres my magnet? why a white hat? Why Sotirio? Why yellow for a training kit? Why Hamill as captain? Why Vedran? Santa should start every week! WSW not spending money. Why not at Penrith every week?

The list goes on. The latest outrage over the seating map (out of WSW control in regards to Western Stand) is just another in a long list of triggered outrage by WSW fans. Its becoming noise now.

I'm sorry you're affected, but the club is giving our members a tonne of notice about these changes and doing their best in regards to communications regarding WSS. We don't even know the pricing for the various sections. But I'm sure that will trigger WSW fan outrage too.

edit: I think the only insolent response I made was the last point which was basically having a go at the whingers that seemingly are never happy.

Edited by Erebus
3 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I'm sorry you're affected, but the club is giving our members a tonne of notice about these changes and doing their best in regards to communications regarding WSS. We don't even know the pricing for the various sections. But I'm sure that will trigger WSW fan outrage too.

That's where I am saving my outrage  :ninja::ninja::ninja:.

55 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I know people who are losing their halfway black membership and pushed to the sides. But what do you expect the club to do? .....

edit: I think the only insolent response I made was the last point which was basically having a go at the whingers that seemingly are never happy.

Mate, whilst I understand where you were coming from on the parts of your post you're defending, the truth is i was only triggered because I was shocked by such a one sided post from a guy I expected more from.

The reason I took it personally is because I've put up with a lot of **** from the club over the years and yet I kept my mouth shut, reacting only where it involved me and with whom it involved. Meanwhile, there were always level-headed people like you that brought those discussions out in the open whenever there was public interest.

I don't give a **** about the ****s complaining on social media. Social media is a disease to mankind imo. Likewise if anyone else showed such a dismissive attitude I wouldn't care less.

But now I'm finally at a crossroads with this club and so when I came here expecting to find some constructive discussion I was rather shocked to see how you perceive these guys in this situation. 

TLDR: I was more shocked that a comment like that came from you. (Lacking empathy)

Its obvious that the club (not the stadium owners) have increased the red membership area and are trying to push members into that area,$$, It appears some ppl think that's a great idea, should be applauded and we all should just pay up.....

Seats that 2 season ago where white and black are now red... and double the price..

Red always has the emptiest bays at games...

I guess if your in the RBB (or red) you haven't been affected and your happy, so everyone who isn't happy is therefore a whinger.? 

Having said that, its the clubs prerogative to do what they want, but its also ours to let them know if we don't like it.. :-) People will eventually vote with their feet..

Edited by MadKaw
34 minutes ago, redandblack said:

Mate, whilst I understand where you were coming from on the parts of your post you're defending, the truth is i was only triggered because I was shocked by such a one sided post from a guy I expected more from.

The reason I took it personally is because I've put up with a lot of **** from the club over the years and yet I kept my mouth shut, reacting only where it involved me and with whom it involved. Meanwhile, there were always level-headed people like you that brought those discussions out in the open whenever there was public interest.

I don't give a **** about the ****s complaining on social media. Social media is a disease to mankind imo. Likewise if anyone else showed such a dismissive attitude I wouldn't care less.

But now I'm finally at a crossroads with this club and so when I came here expecting to find some constructive discussion I was rather shocked to see how you perceive these guys in this situation. 

TLDR: I was more shocked that a comment like that came from you. (Lacking empathy)

Are you Erebus' nephew or something?

giphy.gif

I am going throw my 2 cents in.

Old stadium membership layout was terrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give seats on the half way line to black membership is retarded. It should have been red.

New stadium membership layout makes more sense and I reckon with this arrangement they fixed the **** up they made. 

Red goes those who sit close to the half way line. Black on the corners. GA and Active of the ends.

I was black membership. I knew about the **** seats for blacks (pun intended) that's why I upgraded to red knowing I will get ****ed once we move to the new stadium.

those complaining they weren't aware of the layout changes. well you ****ed up and should have looked into abit more.

11 minutes ago, MadKaw said:

Its obvious that the club (not the stadium owners) have increased the red membership area and are trying to push members into that area,$$, It appears some ppl think that's a great idea, should be applauded and we all should just pay up.....

Seats that 2 season ago where white and black are now red... and double the price..

Yes its clear that its due to the new deal they will have with the stadium will make it more expensive. I estimate all memberships to go up between $50-100, and maximising the red-category for more money to pay the rent. I have already decided to go down to black membership because it will be expensive and mostly because I was in the corner with red membership next to the corporate area in the old stadium.

The club is still in negotiation mind you but I don't think the seating will change too much from what is provided.

Sorry. I dont accept that this situation is outside of the club's hands. As one of the main users of the stadium,  they must have significant influence, if they choose to. If the Wanderers and Eels don't play there, what else will they use the stadium for?

I’ve been one of the critical ones of the design but I don’t blame the club for that. They weren’t the ones who drew up the plans and their opinion would’ve mattered little in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree with a lot of the above. A stadium where someone can not sit on the western side if they please, anywhere within the region of halfway, is not world class. 

Everyone needs to take a chill pill & consider the reality of the situation.

Club will be required to pay at least double what they were paying (est 70k) to hire the old Parra Stadium.

No one will have the same seat as they had previously & a venue map has been created to reflect the new 'improved' seating arrangements. No surprises there! 

Every member has been given an opportunity to upgrade their membership for this season, in anticipation of the move to our new home. Now that we're all aware of the proposed venue map, if you wish to upgrade to the premium seats (albeit in the Eastern stand) or another category of membership, you still have that opportunity.

If you would prefer to pay less per season than some other members, so be it, but you can't expect to occupy the premium seats & you will be allocated a seat commensurate with the annual fee you're willing to pay. 

Life is about choices. 

1 hour ago, marron said:

Do we actually know how many seats have been changed?

As in, the western stand is gone, but there are waaaaaay more seats in the other stands.

How many seats have been turned from black into red?

Based on previous maps -  at Pirtek,  there was about 17 red bays and 26 black bays.

Now there is 13 red bays and 11 black bays... 

• mack locked this topic