Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Question: Do we still need to fill out this form if you wish to downgrade from Red to Black membership? 

I had a look and it gives you a drop down of various options for all the categories, (and not just in category, but also things like "upper deck & lower deck" , or "safe standing, seating or upper deck" for RBB) so I would say you do. Maybe call or email them first to double check though

7 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Oh FFS, I can't stand the complaining :rolleyes: 

Everyone got shafted in this move. Red moved grandstands, Black moved to the ends and everyone else moved elsewhere to accommodate this. No category gets any preferential treatment over another.

I agree with Taurus' comment. Everyone knew this was happening and knew what the plans looked like (if you bothered to research). I upgraded to Red this season knowing that if I wanted good seats, I would have to pay for it. Don't blame others for your inability to research and inquire about what was going to happen.   

If you're a foundation and red member, you will be rewarded for your attendance and financial loyalty. I'm sorry but if you don't want to pay the premium, you will get seats commensurate with what you are willing pay. 

Also, I think people are forgetting that the stadium will be bigger and have a better layout. People are imagining their new seats at the old stadium. Even on the ends, you will probably have a better view than at the old Parra or Spotless. With the new rake, you will be basically sitting on top of the field. At the Northern and Southern ends, the top bays will have a great view up high. Plus all the bays will be a lot bigger with more seats.    

And for all those people complaining about the sun - suck it up princesses. I spent seasons getting roasted, now everyone can enjoy the pain together. If you don't want the sun in your eyes, buy on the ends or pay the premium price for the few seats in the Western Stand. 

I dislike people who think the club owes them something more than what they deserve. If you are unhappy with the changes, feel free to not renew. You go to games to support your team, not to bitch about your view. 

I know that even if I had the shittiest seat in the new WSS, it will still be better than what I have at ANZ and Spotless now. 

Quoting in full due to quality of post

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Not the RBB! We got safe standing and still get to keep our spots!

(rest assured if I miss out on safe standing I will be on the internet within minutes to register my complaint. Worst stadium move ever)

Hmmm... standing in the sun on concrete for over 2 hours in 35 degree heat.  Nup.

16 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Not the RBB! We got safe standing and still get to keep our spots!

(rest assured if I miss out on safe standing I will be on the internet within minutes to register my complaint. Worst stadium move ever)

How many "seats" are safe standing?

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

How many in the north end at Parra? About the same??

I find it interesting the whole north end is RBB at the new stadium. There’s gonna be a bit of a gap to the sides. Unless they let non members in. Maybe with new FFA the restrictions will be lifted and it will be a free for all in the active ends!!

As I understand it, the safe standing bays are RBB, with the upper stand behind them for sitting active/singing.

FCB knows more.

Well, as I understand it, there is two safe standing bays for RBB, on the lower level, directly behind the goals. Then, there are two further seated (lol) RBB Bays each side of that. So 4 bays in total on the lower level

Then, there are two more Active Bays on the upper deck directly behind the safe standing Bays below.

How awesome will it be when these are all filled!!

I really hope I’m proven wrong and it saddens me to say this, but I just don’t think there’s going to be the influx of people swarming to the new stadium (mid to long term) that the club are preparing for. The honeymoon period is over for WSW, we’ve now set out into real life as a football club. I know dozens of people who used to plan their schedules around WSW games, these days they wouldn’t even know when a game was on let alone watch one. I’m sure I’m not the only one who knows people like that.

Granted there will be an influx of people for the first 3-4 games in the new place but that’s most likely going to be the part time WSW fan who’s curious to check out the new stadium above everything. If the eels have been playing in it for a few months prior then that’s already given people a chance for a sticky beak so there could be even less curious George’s. 

Who knows. That’s just the way I see it unfolding considering the state of support for WSW and the aleague in general, at present. I really hope I’m proved wrong!!!

3 hours ago, hughsey said:

I really hope I’m proven wrong and it saddens me to say this, but I just don’t think there’s going to be the influx of people swarming to the new stadium (mid to long term) that the club are preparing for. The honeymoon period is over for WSW, we’ve now set out into real life as a football club. I know dozens of people who used to plan their schedules around WSW games, these days they wouldn’t even know when a game was on let alone watch one. I’m sure I’m not the only one who knows people like that.

Granted there will be an influx of people for the first 3-4 games in the new place but that’s most likely going to be the part time WSW fan who’s curious to check out the new stadium above everything. If the eels have been playing in it for a few months prior then that’s already given people a chance for a sticky beak so there could be even less curious George’s. 

Who knows. That’s just the way I see it unfolding considering the state of support for WSW and the aleague in general, at present. I really hope I’m proved wrong!!!

I agree in the main however it will all be predicated on results. If we start well, the cops allow the atmosphere to crackle and the 'back in parra' vibe returns I think we'll see the game day experience lift crowds well beyond the dismal SOP period.

10 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

I agree in the main however it will all be predicated on results. If we start well, the cops allow the atmosphere to crackle and the 'back in parra' vibe returns I think we'll see the game day experience lift crowds well beyond the dismal SOP period.

Yep, If we play like yesterday every week, people will come back 

steep stands, safe standing, wifi, multiple foot outlets etc will mean stuff all unless we are playing good footy and winning 

• mack locked this topic