Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Wait now.....Leeds to open the new stadium against us...dirty Leeds! Uuggghhhhhh......have to dig out the Boro top for that game.....cant believe we would ooen with dirty stinking west Yorkshire shites like Leeds 

Uuggghhhhhhhhhh

Agree. Had my dose of Leeds fans at FFA cup semi final..lol

Sat next to a bunch..genuine sheep sha@@ers on holiday.

One of my unpopular football opinions is that I don't mind half and half scarves as a piece of memorabilia at a special event like a cup final, pre-season games (eg this Leeds vs WSW game), small lower tier clubs playing games against the big boys, or maybe an important derby (say a cup semi-final).

Middlesborough vs Super Chelse is not a special event.

10 minutes ago, mack said:

One of my unpopular football opinions is that I don't mind half and half scarves as a piece of memorabilia at a special event like a cup final, pre-season games (eg this Leeds vs WSW game), small lower tier clubs playing games against the big boys, or maybe an important derby (say a cup semi-final).

They sell half and half scarfs at all EPL games and some championship games in England.....although I couldn't find a Millwall v Boro half and half scarf when I was there last December....

2 hours ago, mack said:

Unpopular alright.

The only time the half and half is acceptable is if you have dual nationalities and the two teams are playing each other e.g. Aus v Croatia at World Cup.

Swapping of scarves and flags after a game, that’s another story, a bonding moment and a great sign of respect to take a momento. But wearing another team’s colours. Just no.

Most of the big ticket items done on the outside of the stadium:

- The roof structure seems to be almost complete all way round (some Bunnings tarp left to go up but all steel up)

- The landscaping around the stadium seems to be underway. Whole lot of earth works underway at the moment

- The external coverings on the outside of the stadium (finishes on) stair cases, wooden fixtures on concrete (thinks it’s wood), external finishes on the ground level

Shame that as we get close to finishing, you see less & less big updates from the outside. 

18 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

There is a 7 News Sydney news segment on their Twitter feed that shows the inside of the Western Sydney Stadium from various angles. It shows the seats being installed, the attachments don't look very sturdy or secure.

Shame it had that clown Stuart Ayres talking the same garbage throughout it. The seats look like they just clip on to the metal rail beneath using a clamp like system. I was thinking the same thing

• mack locked this topic