Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

31 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah, tour around the dressing rooms, media areas, have a wander in the stands. Boro did that for members just before their new ground opened. It was the last thing I did with my grandad before he died of cancer...tour open day type thing for members way to go..

33 minutes ago, sonar said:

They should have an open day for anyone who wants to have a look at it completed. They do it for f****ing bridges....lol 

They did that at Sunderland (UK ) i stayed about two hours walking around the ground.

14 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah, tour around the dressing rooms, media areas, have a wander in the stands. Boro did that for members just before their new ground opened. It was the last thing I did with my grandad before he died of cancer...tour open day type thing for members way to go..

I'm sure they will do an open day? I know season 2 or 3 they had a day at the old parramatta stadium in which you could get access to the stadium but unsure behind the scenes.

I will email the club.

4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

A question regarding external panels

What you see is what it'll be. There had been a proposal for an LED 'wall' to wrap around the street facing side and corners, but it was removed early in design for both cost reasons, and not wanting excessive lightspill onto the road and park area. There's been no addition of cloth or cladding to hide the underside of the seating as far as I know.

The stadium lighting is across the top of each section of roof, many 'small' (compared to say, major floodlights at places like cricket grounds). It's basically the same setup as what the Arsenal Emirates stadium has. The other lights are small local lights to assist movement of people to & from the concourse & stairways into their seating.

42 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

It will give the Park Royal competition for hosting sport teams, NRL, AFL, HAL and international teams, especially if playing at Bankwest or using it as training facility.

That's a good point which is why it's more relevant, even though it will be owned and run by the PLC.

12 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

That sucks about the LED screen wrap around the front of the stadium, with technology these days i do not think it would have been a problem being so bright as they could control it quite easy. Maybe they could substitute the screen for some sort of lighting that wraps around??

Probably just wash lights similar to what the do inside Spotless atm

22 hours ago, mack said:

Honestly I think that it wouldn't have made it to the final design because of cost even if there wasn't any issue with lightspill.

or the fact it's in western sydney so there is a good change that people who will come in the middle of the night to dismantle it and install those screens at their own homes.

That’s for the information & discussion about the external lighting on the stadium.

I find it a bit strange to leave it as is, perhaps the led wall is too expensive but find it odd that no cost effective solution could be found to finish it off. The whole light pollution rubbish, it would be on for games & that’s it. Not like it’s on 24 hours a day.

• mack locked this topic