mack

Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

If there's a sicker track for the new stadium I haven't heard it.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Just drove past and they have the coloured lights on to light up the roof. Looks fresh 

19 minutes ago, mack said:

Still think they should have put a small side/futsal cage or two out the front.

**** that. Just another place for the Riot squad to lock up our unruly fans.

4 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

The club has posted another stadium update video, showing the exterior of the stadium.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/western-sydney-stadium-update-january-2019

Less than 3 months until the first event at the stadium on Easter Monday, April 22nd.

Eeeeek!!

It's going to be like climbing a ladder getting up to those rows at the back of the upper section! :shok:

AAMI is steeeep...does anyone know whether this is much steeper??

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Eeeeek!!

It's going to be like climbing a ladder getting up to those rows at the back of the upper section! :shok:

It's the steepest it is legally allowed to be and the steepest in the country.

I like the fact that they appear to be planting deciduous trees. Makes sense. Shade in the summer and max sunlight in the winter.

I can see jacarandas and what I think are crepe myrtles. The place should look spectacular throughout the seasons.

*edit* On second viewing, I don't think are either jacarandas nor crepe myrtles. They do however look deciduous.

Edited by Wanderboy

28 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I like the fact that they appear to be planting deciduous trees. Makes sense. Shade in the summer and max sunlight in the winter.

I can see jacarandas and what I think are crepe myrtles. The place should look spectacular throughout the seasons.

*edit* On second viewing, I don't think are either jacarandas nor crepe myrtles. They do however look deciduous.

Thank God they're not Jacarandas as they are foundation breakers.

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Thank God they're not Jacarandas as they are foundation breakers.

SOP is like the Jacarandas of sports stadia. It’s been breaking foundation (members) desire to watch football for almost 3 years now

Some dickheads will walk through the garden and trod on the plants no doubt 

Damn council needing a garden before they issue the occupation certificate...

3 hours ago, Burztur said:

Damn council needing a garden before they issue the occupation certificate...

I see you've built recently :p

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

Eeeeek!!

Can already hear fatty NRL fans complaining about the climb up, asking for escalators to be installed, to take them up.

I think I'll need to start of a fitness regime myself - well I know I do.  :D

But it's also the vertigo that might be an issue for some.  :pardon:

At the back of AAMI - and not even quite in the middle of the stadium where it is the tallest, I felt almost dizzy - and I haven't ever experienced vertigo for real.

PS I'm not complaining - it's very exciting....

You might want to request a seat on the top row of the lower bowl then.

43 minutes ago, mack said:

Front rows of the upper!

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I think I'll need to start of a fitness regime myself - well I know I do.  :D

But it's also the vertigo that might be an issue for some.  :pardon:

At the back of AAMI - and not even quite in the middle of the stadium where it is the tallest, I felt almost dizzy - and I haven't ever experienced vertigo for real.

PS I'm not complaining - it's very exciting....

Yeah I know the feeling Wendy, had the same experience when I went to the track and field at the Sydney Olympics. Walked to the very back of the side stands, turned around to look and it was as if everything was moving except me lol. It's generally something that you'll get used to and is often not an issue if you're seated. 

1 minute ago, matty said:

It's generally something that you'll get used to and is often not an issue if you're seated. 

Yes  - I'm sure that'll be the case (that you get used to it)

But for people who haven't been to somewhere like that before ( and Level 6 at ANZ is probably somewhat similar - but not so steep), they might be surprised at how dramatic the incline is below you.

I remember walking along the row at AAMI, with people already seated (so you have to sidle past their legs) and wondering how far below a person would end up if they overbalanced!

You're actually standing (or sitting when you get to a seat) well above the heads of the people in the row below you.

Anyway...it will be all part of the adventure!

57 minutes ago, mack said:

14 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Front rows of the upper!

I'll be wherever Prydz's big group is!  :yahoo:

It won't matter where. 

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Yes  - I'm sure that'll be the case (that you get used to it)

But for people who haven't been to somewhere like that before ( and Level 6 at ANZ is probably somewhat similar - but not so steep), they might be surprised at how dramatic the incline is below you.

I remember walking along the row at AAMI, with people already seated (so you have to sidle past their legs) and wondering how far below a person would end up if they overbalanced!

You're actually standing (or sitting when you get to a seat) well above the heads of the people in the row below you.

Anyway...it will be all part of the adventure!

For anyone that has been to your other fave teams gaff -St James Park, Newcastle it wont be an issue! 

Away fans are in a ridiculously high tier and i was on the front row with people behind jumping all over the ******* place...this was a good 8 or 9 years ago and if i went over the edge i swear i would still be falling now...

I did pretend to grab my old mans back and push him.....the language in response sheesh!!!

5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

For anyone that has been to your other fave teams gaff -St James Park, Newcastle it wont be an issue! 

Away fans are in a ridiculously high tier and i was on the front row with people behind jumping all over the ******* place...this was a good 8 or 9 years ago and if i went over the edge i swear i would still be falling now...

I did pretend to grab my old mans back and push him.....the language in response sheesh!!!

My only fave thing about that lot  is every few seasons I get to watch their shirtless overweight supporters cry when they get relegated. 

I really can’t stand them 

11 minutes ago, Victory said:

There's a lot of seats in the eastern stand in full sun.

25 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

There's a lot of seats in the eastern stand in full sun.

Do you know what time that photo was taken? I assume it will only get worse as the day goes on?

I love how WSW get drone picture external update & eels get internal picture update :acute: 

38 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I'll be wherever Prydz's big group is!  :yahoo:

It won't matter where. 

Middle stadium upper tier, sorry Wendy. Consider the season as a conditioning program, by the end of the season will be a walk in the park :D 

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

Do you know what time that photo was taken? I assume it will only get worse as the day goes on?

I love how WSW get drone picture external update & eels get internal picture update :acute: 

Middle stadium upper tier, sorry Wendy. Consider the season as a conditioning program, by the end of the season will be a walk in the park :D 

All good Prydz! :good:

I'll use it as motivation! :yahoo: