Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

19 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Do you know what time that photo was taken? I assume it will only get worse as the day goes on?

I guess about 1:30 to 2pm. It's similar but not quite a match for the stadium documents Sun Study for Summer Solstice 3pm. Main stand in shade, the south end is mostly covered, but in the photo the shade doesn't reach as far onto the pitch and the south end still has some direct sun. Which means it's earlier in the day than the 3pm Sun Study.

image.png.389736cc761953477c956335ede91ea1.png

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

PS Got lots of steps  (and actually quite steep ones) at school. I have increasingly got to dislike them. 

:stonedtrifiro:

But with this in mind, I'll stay back for an extra 15 mins a day and build up to a point where I can jog up and down them - 5 days a week!

Lololol! 

:lol::lol:

1 minute per step?

It currently feels a lot more positive hanging out here, rather than on the post game thread.

We can only dream about the return to Parra at this stage, and I don't know how much like those first few seasons it's ever going to be in the future - on the pitch (with that winning mentality the team had) and in the stands. Hopefully we can recapture at least some of what we had back then.

But on You Tube I bumped into this voice from the past  - and recalled that we have never been as successful as when this was played pre game, with the kids LOVING it while most of us cringed or became furious with it.   :lol:

Anyway - for old time's sake.... :pardon:

PS It's up to 3,273,806,782 views now.

OK... I'll show myself out! :hi:

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

It currently feels a lot more positive hanging out here, rather than on the post game thread.

We can only dream about the return to Parra at this stage, and I don't know how much like those first few seasons it's ever going to be in the future - on the pitch (with that winning mentality the team had) and in the stands. Hopefully we can recapture at least some of what we had back then.

But on You Tube I bumped into this voice from the past  - and recalled that we have never been as successful as when this was played pre game, with the kids LOVING it while most of us cringed or became furious with it.   :lol:

Anyway - for old time's sake.... :pardon:

PS It's up to 3,273,806,782 views now.

OK... I'll show myself out:hi:

And don't come back!

Sorry :grouphug:

20 hours ago, Swarth said:

that is something we need tbh hell we made parramatta a fortress with the old stadium and that stadium was the least imposing looking thing ever

Looked imposing for a game under lights...walking to the ground through Alfred Park and turning the corner and seeing the floodlights on still sends a shiver down my spine...12,000 under lights on a Saturday night was a different stadium from 12,000 for a 5pm Sunday afternoon kick off regardless of how well we were playing. 

Sounds ******* stupid I know..but one of the things I am looking forward to the most is the walk from Parra eat street to the ground with the throngs of WSW supporters again...flooding out of the town towards the stadium, just a nice vibe that has never been at SoP....

I am going to be like a kid at Christmas come the day of the first game at the new place :D

11 minutes ago, marron said:

That's not stupid. That IS football mate! (well, the following a side bit, anyway).

And yeah.

In Season 1, back when we used to sing before the match (remember that?), there was nothing better than walking through Parra and hearing the stadium as well..

The good ol days under lights....this vibe will be back......
See the source image

On 29/01/2019 at 6:55 PM, Smoggy said:

Looked imposing for a game under lights...walking to the ground through Alfred Park and turning the corner and seeing the floodlights on still sends a shiver down my spine...12,000 under lights on a Saturday night was a different stadium from 12,000 for a 5pm Sunday afternoon kick off regardless of how well we were playing. 

Sounds ******* stupid I know..but one of the things I am looking forward to the most is the walk from Parra eat street to the ground with the throngs of WSW supporters again...flooding out of the town towards the stadium, just a nice vibe that has never been at SoP....

I am going to be like a kid at Christmas come the day of the first game at the new place :D

Miss the whole game day experience at Parra , it was certainly buzzing.... I assume once we settle in to new stadium, NSW government will start ripping up eat street for the new light rail link , then we will be dodging temporary fencing and barricades just to get to the game . 

SOP has become..... get in the car , watch the game ..... and get the fu@k outta that quick.

hopefully I will enjoy my 1st free Big Mac on Monday soon ..... IF WE WIN .....!

1 hour ago, Dmtd said:

Miss the whole game day experience at Parra , it was certainly buzzing.... I assume once we settle in to new stadium, NSW government will start ripping up eat street for the new light rail link , then we will be dodging temporary fencing and barricades just to get to the game . 

SOP has become..... get in the car , watch the game ..... and get the fu@k outta that quick.

hopefully I will enjoy my 1st free Big Mac on Monday soon ..... IF WE WIN .....!

Expect whichever Maccas you go to to have **** all idea about the promotion. I tried it on the Monday after we beat Wellington and they didn't have a clue. I showed them so much proof that they couldn't deny me my Big Mac lol

7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Apparently under the pump to finish atm.

Practical completion due in 20 days.

Selected trades now working 24/7 on a rotational basis.

At least it should be finished before our game against Leeds in June!! :)

Any pics with the turf laid Wanderboy....?

• mack locked this topic