Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

25 minutes ago, mack said:

The Government will want it effectively complete before the election next month.

Absolutely they will. Shame it's running a little late. Same as the NWRL. Apparently that is opening on May 6th. It would be a travesty if that phony whining prick Michael Daley was cutting the ribbon on these two projects, while he has plenty of other plans to cancel so much infrastructure planned by the current govt. 

50 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Absolutely they will. Shame it's running a little late. Same as the NWRL. Apparently that is opening on May 6th. It would be a travesty if that phony whining prick Michael Daley was cutting the ribbon on these two projects, while he has plenty of other plans to cancel so much infrastructure planned by the current govt. 

You going to the first Parramatta game there? Will be getting along to a good few Parra games this coming season, which is as bad as watching the Wanderers. 

On ‎8‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, Smoggy said:

You going to the first Parramatta game there? Will be getting along to a good few Parra games this coming season, which is as bad as watching the Wanderers. 

Hey Smog Boy.

Nah, probably won't be getting to the opening game as I couldn't be bothered getting into a **** fight for tickets. It'll sell out pretty quickly.

I do however plan on going to a few games after that to check out the stadium. I've also got my tickets for the match against Leeds in June.

I too hope the Eels are actually worth watching again. They've been too shite for too long.

Two banners i would like to see dusted off first game back at Parra..

'Football comes home' From our first ever game at Parra, and..

'These colours unite us all'.....accompanied by the tune..

A bit of the old stadium vibe in the new.....we need to come together again as supporters in the new gaff...Leeds will be a good get to know each other again :D

Edited by Smoggy

I can only comment what I saw in these photos.

@Wanderboy is more knowledgeable on the construction time frame and construction in general. when do you think it will be done?

From what I saw. They have more a month worth of work still left. I only say this because 

-  Carpark on the northern end is just earthworks.

-  less 50% of landscape at frontage is complete. there were working on it as I was walking by. 

- less 50% paving done at frontage

- 80% of retaining walls complete. there were working on it as I was walking by. 

- more the 85% of hardstand areas complete

- facade looks complete

- lighting and ground services looks complete

- some fixtures (handrails etc) are missing

-  glazing looks done from the outside.

- roof looks done. i believe they still need to get to the roof (see last pic with handrails on the roof)

a few key notes.

- basketball court right in the middle of open area. I hate that. I hope the basketball poles are removable. It will be nice if they can replace it with football posts during game day.

- not much of a fan of the exposed steel beams look. I prefer if the facade goes all the way to the roof. maybe @mack has the architectural drawings for the facade. too lazy to look.

- not sure what they r doing with the north end entrance. It looks ugly. hoping the finish product changes my mind.

Summary. 

WSW stadium looks good and I am excited when we finally play at home again. I will take more photos in the next weeks.

Edited by thefairy
27 minutes ago, thefairy said:

- not much of a fan of the exposed steel beams look. I prefer if the facade goes all the way to the roof. maybe @mack has the architectural drawings for the facade. too lazy to look.

Have to agree.....perhaps some interchangable cloth/fabric wrap arounds/code specific banners would "soften" the look. The outside wrapped in red and black would look amazing.

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, sonar said:

Have to agree.....perhaps some interchangable cloth/fabric wrap arounds/code specific banners would "soften" the look. The outside wrapped in red and black would look amazing.

@thefairy  not much of a fan of the exposed steel beams look. I prefer if the facade goes all the way to the roof. maybe @mack has the architectural drawings for the facade. too lazy to look.

I have been waiting ever since they completed the concerting to see something more here. The design is minimalist at best, without care of the look, just as long as they pack in the extra corporate areas. having all the stadium exposed like that is just ugly, no finish or class..is this what we are worth in Western Sydney, where if the James Hardie fibro..

I bet the new SFS wont look as pedestrian. 

Even in the original video of the design there is no wrap or exterior to the stadium. Only difference is the support beams are white not black.

Initially I couldn’t give two shits about it but seeing it all come to life, I must admit it is looking a bit bland from the outside. It just looks like a collection of metal and concrete - very industrial/warehouse

As excited as I am for it, there’s some very questionable decisions that have been made with its design that are somewhat of a let down.

On 08/02/2019 at 10:24 PM, Wanderboy said:

I rather have a Labor premier then a Liberal stooge.

The stadium looks fine to me. It has a roof, four sides and is steep AF. What it looks like from the outside matters little to me in the scheme of things because I'll only be walking through there on the way to or from a game. Old Parra was nothing flash, and this one isn't either. But it'll still be awesome inside, and that's where I'll be spending my time.

• mack locked this topic