mack

Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

The stadium looks fine to me. It has a roof, four sides and is steep AF. What it looks like from the outside matters little to me in the scheme of things because I'll only be walking through there on the way to or from a game. Old Parra was nothing flash, and this one isn't either. But it'll still be awesome inside, and that's where I'll be spending my time.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

6 hours ago, Carns said:

The stadium looks fine to me. It has a roof, four sides and is steep AF. What it looks like from the outside matters little to me in the scheme of things because I'll only be walking through there on the way to or from a game. Old Parra was nothing flash, and this one isn't either. But it'll still be awesome inside, and that's where I'll be spending my time.

As the saying goes "it's what's on the inside that counts" 🤔🤔🤔🤔

jeez of course the stadium isn't gonna look flash - it's western sydney stadium FFS. it's never gonna look flash until we lower it and put spinning hubcaps and a mad stereo system bro

11 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

jeez of course the stadium isn't gonna look flash - it's western sydney stadium FFS. it's never gonna look flash until we lower it and put spinning hubcaps and a mad stereo system bro

Don't forget the neons and hectic decals and/or airbrushing.

6 minutes ago, Carns said:

Don't forget the neons and hectic decals and/or airbrushing.

.....and a giant pair of these above the entrances.........H3BJqeV.jpg

Don't give the cops any ideas. They'll try and have our stadium towed.

7 hours ago, dcrow said:

As the saying goes "it's what's on the inside that counts" 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yeah but that is what only ugly people say...

I dont care how the outside looks either really. It has the look and feel of a proper European football stadium and has the steepest stands you will see anywhere and also a standing section....all unthinkabke just 6 or 7 years ago...

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah but that is what only ugly people say...

I dont care how the outside looks either really. It has the look and feel of a proper European football stadium and has the steepest stands you will see anywhere and also a standing section....all unthinkabke just 6 or 7 years ago...

Exactly. 

If only we'd had this during our ACL run and in season's 1 and 2.

I'm a bit more concerned about how catering and toilet facilities will be. Quality and price of food are a little less concerning for me because I always eat somewhere in Eat Street before games anyway.

Anyway, it'll certainly be a great viewing stadium for football, possibly the best in the country. It's the view and the atmosphere that will be tantamount to it's success. Let's hope those sill buggers running around in the Red and Black on the pitch can give us something to cheer about!

18 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Exactly. 

If only we'd had this during our ACL run and in season's 1 and 2.

I'm a bit more concerned about how catering and toilet facilities will be. Quality and price of food are a little less concerning for me because I always eat somewhere in Eat Street before games anyway.

Anyway, it'll certainly be a great viewing stadium for football, possibly the best in the country. It's the view and the atmosphere that will be tantamount to it's success. Let's hope those sill buggers running around in the Red and Black on the pitch can give us something to cheer about!

I just cant wait to see a new standing section in operation for the first time..thats exciting.

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I just cant wait to see a new standing section in operation for the first time..thats exciting.

TBH, I'm not sure we'll notice much difference. The RBB used to stand anyway. Only difference will be more noise trapped into the stadium with a proper roof over them. If the safe standing sections are full, I'm sure the bays beside them in proper seats will also stand.

I'm assuming we'll get that many active fans to a game of course. Quite an assumption, I know!!

one thing i didnt see is ramps or elevators for disabled access.

anyways wish me luck in the 2 weeks. i am preparing to make a 'site visit' inside the stadium. prob get denied but at least i tried.

I know there's one lift on the left side of the O'Connell Street entrance (where the Cafe and Ticket booth is) in lieu of a ramp on the big staircase and there's a lot of lifts in the main grandstand to get up to suites.

The major entrance (the right side on O'Connell street, in the corner next to the RBB), has the same elevation as the main concourse, so people in wheelchairs can access it without needing any additional ramps or lifts.

The main grandstand entrance is also like that, where the entrance area is on the same level as the entrance level so there's no need for additional ramps or lifts to get into the building, the lifts there are for getting up & down to the suites.

I sent an email to VenuesNSW which was today passed on to Venues Live - the operator of the new stadium.

I had asked if there is any plans to hold an Open Day for the fans. 

Here was the response;

The first sporting event to be held at Bankwest Stadium will be between the Eels and Tigers on 22 April, but plans are under way to hold an Open Day to showcase this fantastic community asset. While plans are fairly advanced, all I can say at this stage is 'watch this space'

Sent by a guy called George at Venues Live.

I'm ready to fly down for this!

Edited by BeefB

10 hours ago, BeefB said:

I sent an email to VenuesNSW which was today passed on to Venues Live - the operator of the new stadium.

I had asked if there is any plans to hold an Open Day for the fans. 

Here was the response;

Sent by a guy called George at Venues Live.

I'm ready to fly down for this!

Good news...i guess it would be a one off open day for Eels and WSW rather than seperate for each club...

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Good news...i guess it would be a one off open day for Eels and WSW rather than seperate for each club...

Plus squads of riot police. I mean Wanderers fans and fans of another club in the same place at the same time means trouble big time, right?

Great pics Wanderboy....many thanks......not long now folks.....lol

The amount of gravel they lay down under the grass :shok: 

The lights seem a bit dodgy, was similar to the lighting I saw at a stadium at the Asian cup. You can see it from the road when driving past at night but was hoping for some better lighting on the external part of the stadium.

Does anyone know if they have the LED lighting in the stadium that allows them to dim the lights down entirely for a number of minutes prior to kick off? That would really accentuate that lighting at night.

In saying all that, **** looks incredible doesn’t it? Wow!

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

The amount of gravel they lay down under the grass :shok: 

The lights seem a bit dodgy, was similar to the lighting I saw at a stadium at the Asian cup.

Does anyone know if they have the LED lighting in the stadium that allows them to dim the lights down entirely for a number of minutes prior to kick off? That would really accentuate that lighting at night.

I think it's actually sand Prydz, a layer of topsoil on top of that.......The drainage should be first class as we all know what storms can do in summer.........ie Vedrangate Derby....where it absolutely pissed down prior to kickoff. 

Anyway...it's home and it looks amazing.....lol

6 minutes ago, sonar said:

I think it's actually sand Prydz, a layer of topsoil on top of that

They have grey sand?

3 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

They have grey sand?

It's either that or moon dust....the tyres marks are the giveaway......lol....you can also see the orange level markers so still heaps to go.

Edited by sonar

12 hours ago, Burztur said:

I'm assuming that's after April 22 then.

I'd think that it would be before then, just as other stadium 'Open Days' usually are. The example I can think of is doing the 'I walked the Stadium first' walk at Sydney Olympic stadium in 1999. Perhaps it will be by the end of March

25 minutes ago, sonar said:

I think it's actually sand Prydz

https://goo.gl/images/Uk5BRw

Called Silver Sand (I think)

Silver Sand

A fine white sand used in gardening consisting largely of quartz particles that over time, through the work of water and wind, has been broken down into tiny granules. 

Uses for silver sand:

• Overlay for synthetic grass: The main use for Silver Sand in landscaping is as an overlay for synthetic grass. Decorative artificial grasses generally have blades ranging 25mm to 45mm which need support in order to stay upright. After installation, use a broom to brush up the lawn and spread silver sand as evenly as possible aiming for a depth 5mm-10mm depending on the pile height of the lawn. Don't forget to brush again to distribute the sand evenly

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjwlL2f-rngAhWCA3IKHTSdDN0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.soilworx.com.au%2Fwhich-sand-do-i-need&psig=AOvVaw0KmC1TebvFQG53h3yXBtJe&ust=1550190092142596

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

51530746_10218298817811758_976136707923551996439_10218298819291795_482507397381151709418_10218298821091840_5076164938825

Is that a proper dugout I see on the left in that first photo? 🤤

That's the field club area.

There are two major, and two minor locker rooms, one on each side of the grandstand. These open up into a very large warm-up area for each team, which in the plans, includes a large glass window so people in the field club corporate area can watch the players warming up. Although I don't know if that's going to happen in practice.

Each team has their own mini-tunnel leading out to the pitch area, but due to the layout and the doorways, it's possible that the players could walk out onto the pitch through the field club itself. It's the exact opposite of the Perth Glory tunnel that's for sure. Once out onto the pitch each team will have a row of seating, and of course they will have the option to use the current portable benches.

If they follow through with it, it'll be an experience that no-where in Australia but the new Perth Stadium and our stadium has.

Capture.PNG

And this how that field club & player entrance works in the WA stadium.

Capture.PNG.ee3ba0ca62e454b453824b65107dadc4.PNG

I've been straining my eyes to see if the seating that is being installed in those two bays in the northern end is rail seating. It's hard to tell.