Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

19 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Geez I thought all those middle seats would be full By now 

especially after the 3 year fear campaign that you must have membership to get a seat next season 

To be honest, I couldn’t be bothered going through all the bays & screen shot’ing each one :lol: Suffice to say, it’s pretty chockers, most 75-85% couple 99%

41 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Question, even if it is blowing sideways, won’t the full enclosed nature mean the winds & rain unlikely to get too many people?

With the open parts at the back under the roof, sideways rain could get some people wet up there.

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

With the open parts at the back under the roof, sideways rain could get some people wet up there.

Probably won't happen. The roof extends out quite a long way beyond the rear of the top deck.

It's the front few rows of the lower bowl that are most at risk of blowing rain.

9 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

The true test will be the apocalyptic storm that only we experience on match days :lol:

The positive? Hopefully it will allow a bit of breeze through on a hot day, that may provide a bit of comfort on those hot days. Well let’s hope.

Yes, the gaps between the roof and the top deck are quite large at the top of each arch of the roofing. Should be great for letting breezes in. The old stadium was like a sauna at the back on warm/hot days. No gap whatsoever.

Should be a bonus for us in summer, but I noticed an Eels fan complaining about the size of the gaps last week, and the cold winds they will let in during winter. It can't be perfect for everyone.

9 hours ago, mack said:

The pitch is going to get annihilated before our first game.

The rugby will be happening during the winter season. They’ll have plenty of time for the turf to recover.

They have a 7’s league rubbish going on, turf will have a week to recover if we play the following weekend.

11 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/super-rugby/just-not-cricket-gregan-horrified-as-rugby-scrums-rip-up-scg-turf/news-story/6106c0c15c5a554639ac2642b848afcc

I hope the turf at Bankwest stadium holds up better than this.

Actually surprised the SCG didn’t hold up better, I’m sure it gets a work over for AFL but appears it was the scrums were the issue.

Many times in Melbourne at AAMI where rugby games prior to football matches have not affected the surface long term

The SCG trust have announced that they will replace 3000m2 of turf with ready to play Matrix turf from this turf company. 

https://www.evergreen.com.au/ready to play

This article from the NRL goes into more detail 

The SCG confirmed that it planned to replace 3000m2 of the surface with ready-to-play Matrix turf from its farm supplies. The SCG has a further 22,000m2 available should further turf replacement be required during the Super Rugby, NRL, AFL and A-League seasons.

The areas to be replaced are the 22m zones when the field is set up in an east-west configuration. For the NRL, the new turf will be partially on the outer edges of the field which is in the traditional north-south orientation.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/10/scg-turf-wont-be-issue-for-roosters-rabbitohs-clash-after-plan-to-repair-super-rugby-damage/

7 minutes ago, Burztur said:

The corporate end doesn't look too bad actually. Hopefully the lower tier will fill up with normal folk soon enough. 

The corporate SIDE (not end) looks shite tbh.

They'll all be eating their prawn sangers sipping their ******* craft beer raising their glasses to the WDWSF, rather than replying. **** that.

The only saving grace is that the other 3 sides of the stadium (27000 of us) will be full of wogs, inbreds, dole bludgers, illegal immigrants and so forth. People who actually give a shite about football. 

I just hope Fox Sports place the ground mics in the right positions, and we can hear proper football atmosphere, and not the shucking of oysters and popping of champagne corks.

• mack locked this topic