Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

The “field club” seems pretty cool but I assumed there was a glass barrier between the fans & players, looks totally open. Can already see some muppet creating an incident in there :rolleyes:

Do you then go upstairs in your seats on the Western side? Surely you don’t watch from ground level? Do you go back down at half time?

They'd have seats.

It's akin to a backstage pass area. You can wander down and hang out near the team, watch them do their last warmups and then be there when they walk out (and probably back in too). 

But only if you're special. 

Watch the telecast start asking family and friends of players or celebrity fans who are in that area after the players are out on the pitch or whatever. 

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

To be fair..at an Eels game you can usually hear a pin drop...so not out of the question.

I could here our  players calling to each other at ANZ the other night it was like being at a NSW NPL game minus the atmosphere 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I could here our  players calling to each other at ANZ the other night it was like being at a NSW NPL game minus the atmosphere 

Agreed, think that was by far the worst atmosphere I’ve ever experienced being a Wanderers supporter, 7k people in an 80k capacity stadium and no RBB. Whether this new stadium solves all our issues or not I think it’s definitely a great first step to be back at a normal sized stadium purposely built for watching football. Along with that just being back in Parramatta for pre and post match will be refreshing after a long few years away! 

6 hours ago, Makedonche said:

Agreed, think that was by far the worst atmosphere I’ve ever experienced being a Wanderers supporter, 7k people in an 80k capacity stadium and no RBB. Whether this new stadium solves all our issues or not I think it’s definitely a great first step to be back at a normal sized stadium purposely built for watching football. Along with that just being back in Parramatta for pre and post match will be refreshing after a long few years away! 

What is the situation with the RBB?  Are the planning to get back on board again at any stage soon?  Ideally they will be there at the start for the new stadium.

Most of the leadership group are still working their way through the 18 month ban for the well deserved Arnie Tifo.

I think the ban expires at the end of this season, but I kinda get the feeling there's some behind the scenes 'atmosphere ransom' going on with them and the club to make sure they don't hang the RBB out to dry again for the Leeds match.

IIRC, RBB aren't being active for the remainder of this season at SOP due to ....SOP...and being banned for screaming at players or swearing once. ie sick of the bs and its not worth the effort anymore.

But they said they'll be active at Newcastle away and CCM away.

edit:

PS tifogate had external repercussions which made it more serious. RBB being stubborn and pushing back by putting up merch ideas with the images didn't help the matters at all. Should have just apologised it was taken in a context that wasn't the intention, removed the images and moved on. 

Edited by Erebus

The club and RBB need trusted mediator to go between the two to discuss things and approve things, the RBB need to show they're just not a mob that they processional supporters group that can regulate themselves.  Overall I want them back, they spend their time and money to create atmosphere for us and I respect that.  They need a lawyer to argue for their injustices of the FFA and to give them a professional look.

We sold out the opening NRL game with near a month to spare.  Let's see if the Wanderers can match that.

Parramatta Eels sell out casual tickets to opening game at Bankwest Stadium.  Becoming a ticketed Member is the only way to guarantee your seat at this historic opening game! 

36 minutes ago, Chief said:

HEY DING BAT - WE SOLD OUT WITH A MONTH TO SPARE. LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOU GUYS

Parramatta Eels sell out.

Do you mind not being so pointlessly aggressive? This isn't oneeyedeel or league unlimited.

WSW will probably have roughly as many ticketed members as the Eels do. The first game is probably going to be against Sydney FC or Melbourne Victory and either of those will 100% guarantee a sellout instantly.

7 minutes ago, mack said:

Do you mind not being so pointlessly aggressive? This isn't oneeyedeel or league unlimited.

WSW will probably have roughly as many ticketed members as the Eels do. The first game is probably going to be against Sydney FC or Melbourne Victory and either of those will 100% guarantee a sellout instantly.

I.agree mack and i was only geeing up.

I am both.an.Eels fan and a Wanderers fan, and surely we can acknowledge that without one another there would be no Bankwest Stadium. So let's respect each other's heritage and ps. No paper bags over the great ray price statue pls 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Chief

If anyone wants to check out the Bankwest stadium at night, the Eels are holding an open training session on Wednesday, April 17th.

There will be 7000 free public tickets available from the Ticketek website from the 8th of April, next Monday.

Expected Schedule

5:30pm: Gates Open
6pm: Bankwest Stadium Lights show
6:30pm: Eels Open Training Session
7:30pm: Break
7:45pm: Fans Session/Player signings and selfies
8.30pm: Session Concludes

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wednesday-night-lights-eels-ready-to-light-up-new-stadium-for-first-time-20190403-p51aiu.html

Edited by FCWanderers
  • mack locked this topic