Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Just now, Paul01 said:

The concerts can stay at ANZ.

Very few artists around, popular enough, to justify utilising ANZ. There was an interview in the one of the papers about 18 months ago with a promoter talking about it. BWS is the perfect size for many artists unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Spotless seemed popular for a lot of festivals and one off events such as X games.

They can use it endlessly now because making the playing surface a car park doesn't really matter.  It works well as the showground it was built to be.  It is horribly lacking as a general sporting venue - even for AFL (I was taken along once to GWS v Swans and the seats were lousy for it).  Just a shocking place for anything but what it was designed for - so give it all the concerts, shows, X games... they want but keep them off BWS.

6 hours ago, sonar said:

What's the go with tickets for the open day........originally ticket delivery was 1/04/19

TICKET DELIVERY INFORMATION
All tickets whether purchased online, via phone or at outlets, will commence delivery or collection from Mon 1 Apr 2019.

A couple of days ago it was the 6/4/19 now it;s the 11th....3 days before the event .....they better not eff this up. !

6 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

yep, I logged in this morning to print off and it's been pushed back. I called them (finally got through to a human) and was told it is a "Technical difficulty at the promoter's end". Make of that what you will.  Ultimately we don't need tickets, just rock up. Of course there will be no free public transport travel then

Speak of the devil, I have just received my tickets.

2 hours ago, dcrow said:

Speak of the devil, I have just received my tickets.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Same here.....just checked my e-mail. Thanks for the heads up......:good:

Not me

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Not me

Don't know why Ed...perhaps they released them on a first in first out basis....I ordered my tickets as soon as they were available......there are a few different sessions so maybe they're releasing them that way......?..........or perhaps they will roll them out over a few days.....? 

6 minutes ago, sonar said:

Don't know why Ed...perhaps they released them on a first in first out basis....I ordered my tickets as soon as they were available......there are a few different sessions so maybe they're releasing them that way......?..........or perhaps they will roll them out over a few days.....? 

I'm booked for 2pm. You?

My tickets came through this afternoon as well. 12.30 booking for me.

BTW, considering the pax number is such a big deal these days, the highest on my tickets was 4246. A stunningly high figure. lol. 3 years of Wanderers failure and an eternity of failure for the Eels.

Just joking. I'm sure there will be a massive turnout on the day. :)

Seriously, how good would it be if we could replicate this at our first game back at Parra.

Whether it be the Leeds Lollipop game or our first A-League match there, it would be sensational.

The FFA ain't going to do anything about atmosphere at games. They're only trying to destroy it. Well **** them, we need more of this …..

We need to bring the passion back to Parra.

On 03/04/2019 at 9:36 PM, FCWanderers said:

If anyone wants to check out the Bankwest stadium at night, the Eels are holding an open training session on Wednesday, April 17th.

There will be 7000 free public tickets available from the Ticketek website from the 8th of April, next Monday.

Expected Schedule

5:30pm: Gates Open
6pm: Bankwest Stadium Lights show
6:30pm: Eels Open Training Session
7:30pm: Break
7:45pm: Fans Session/Player signings and selfies
8.30pm: Session Concludes

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wednesday-night-lights-eels-ready-to-light-up-new-stadium-for-first-time-20190403-p51aiu.html

Tickets are available now from the Ticketek website.

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, FCWanderers said:

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/1073075/western-sydney-wanderers-unveil-new-stadium-ahead-of-official-launch/

This video makes me look forward to the first match under lights with a capacity crowd. Can't wait.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/1073075/western-sydney-wanderers-unveil-new-stadium-ahead-of-official-launch/

Massive push from idiots like Brenton Speed and others for Sydney FC to play their finals at Bankwest after the SCG debacle.  Thoughts? I don't get involved in protests or anything like that usually but I will be handing my 6 WSW Memberships in at the FFA Head Office.

Edited by scarcev
9 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Massive push from idiots like Brenton Speed and others for Sydney FC to play their finals at Bankwest after the SCG debacle.  Thoughts? I don't get involved in protests or anything like that usually but I will be handing my 6 WSW Memberships in at the FFA Head Office.

Why can’t they use ANZ?

The likes of speed don’t really get the concept of football teams having their own identity do they

Edited by StringerBellend
44 minutes ago, scarcev said:

It would not be too bad if we got to see the Smurfs lose there.

32 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Considering we played our first GF at Allianz, you can’t really complain if Sydney play at BWS for finals 

I can and I will

They can have ANZ if they want 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack locked this topic