Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Ahhh, I should keep you guys updated with stadium works. I live within a few hundred metres of it (it's closer to me than our local supermarket that we walk to)

Exciting times!

Good luck Gazmon! A mate finished Drafting recently-ish and loves it. It's not bad, touched on it a little when I did Surveying. From what I've seen of your stuff you'll smash it

Ahhh, I should keep you guys updated with stadium works. I live within a few hundred metres of it (it's closer to me than our local supermarket that we walk to)

Exciting times!

Good luck Gazmon! A mate finished Drafting recently-ish and loves it. It's not bad, touched on it a little when I did Surveying. From what I've seen of your stuff you'll smash it

Yeah let us know when you see a wrecking ball moving in.. ;)

Buying some baby occy to cook for dinner at my local fishmonger (who is a Parra Eels fan) and he said that Berejiklian was looking to overturn Baird's decision re stadia. Worried, I immediately jumped on teh Google and found the following:

"...while also declaring herself a “strong supporter†of Mr Baird’s stadiums policy.

Her comments on the latter come amid speculation in government that there could be a reversal of a decision to build a new stadium at Sydney Olympic Park given talk that costs have blown out far past the $750 million already mooted.

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres is understood to be keen to revive plans to rebuild Sydney Football Stadium that were knocked on the head by former premier Mike Baird."

Put my mind to rest, though Ayres still peddling his unloved plan is irksome.

I'm a very strong supporter of the previous policy of my political party, except for 70% of it, which I disagree with and will look to overturn with the Sports Minister who never agreed with the plan in the first place and wants a new stadium built at Penrith, which wasn't one of the three stadiums originally listed for rebuilding or upgrading.

-Gladys

Walked passed again today. Nothing happening. Does look like they've removed some more seating more than anything.

Just to make our new design already seem redundant, this the safe-standing section at the new Orlando City Stadium:

2ddGpFD.jpg

Looks good, but the roof doesn't go right around the corner, which seems like a waste. Other than that it demonstrates to importance of having the whole stand behind a goal as safe standing.

Walked passed again today. Nothing happening. Does look like they've removed some more seating more than anything.

Just to make our new design already seem redundant, this the safe-standing section at the new Orlando City Stadium:

Looks good, but the roof doesn't go right around the corner, which seems like a waste. Other than that it demonstrates to importance of having the whole stand behind a goal as safe standing.

I've read some comments about, one of which was on a Q&A with the builders/city representatives and it's to allow an easier transition to a bigger stadium capacity, if needed. *shrugs* Not sure if that's the real reason, makes sense, or more for cost cutting in the initial phase.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if this is relevant to this thread but a mate of mine who was at the Bulldogs AGM claims that bulldogs, parra and tigers and possibly souths sydney are looking to play their homes at the new Parramatta stadium while ANZ is being redeveloped between 2020-2022.

One of my sons told me yesterday that he did some work at the site in December and is about to do some more. His role involves assessing the asbestos risks and recommending how to deal with them.

that sounds like a good sign, also sounds like an interesting role

One of my sons told me yesterday that he did some work at the site in December and is about to do some more. His role involves assessing the asbestos risks and recommending how to deal with them.

**** asbestos. I dont envy your sons role

Where are the updates Braad?

Have you walked past lately?

Any significant construction site fences up or signage?

Where are the updates Braad?

Have you walked past lately?

Any significant construction site fences up or signage?

Drove past a few times on the weekend. Whole stadiums been fenced off, previously there was just the carpark area fenced. Some demountable work offices have been moved in i think.

I need to take a walk around it to check. Otherwise, from the street you can see most of the seats are gone from the western stand

It's all good. Would wear the right protection. The business he works for assesses a variety of OH&S risks. It's all a matter of applying scientific knowledge and processes.

Lol Luke!

Thanks Braad.

I think we'll find that when it actually starts, it'll be on for young and old.

Can anyone remember who the construction/company was that won the tender?

I can't be arsed searching for it

LendLease?

Taken 3 months to remove the seats on the western stand, stadium completion 2029 or 2019?

I know of a certain couple of fan groups who could've done it much quicker ... maybe in a day or two? ;)

From an article in the SMH:

"The new Parramatta stadium will cost $360 million, while ANZ Stadium is likely to cost up to $800 million to be transformed into the state's premier rectangular facility."

Has the price gone up?

It's all good. Would wear the right protection. The business he works for assesses a variety of OH&S risks. It's all a matter of applying scientific knowledge and processes.

Absolutely. We deal with asbestos almost daily and it's ****, but there are numerous methods of avoiding exposure, and being his primary role he would be able to maximise those. At the end of the day, it's horrible stuff but can be avoided. I just personally hate it

From an article in the SMH:

"The new Parramatta stadium will cost $360 million, while ANZ Stadium is likely to cost up to $800 million to be transformed into the state's premier rectangular facility."[/size]

Has the price gone up?[/size]

More for safe standing? ;)

I had a nightmare that our new stadium would consist of a number of park benches overlooking a potato field...

As long as it's not in Sydney Olympic Park
That's true, if I can still go to the Bav and soak up some atmosphere pre-match, then wander up to the stadium/potato paddock it will still be an improvement over SOP :ninja: Edited by braad
  • mack locked this topic