Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

20 minutes ago, mack said:

The bottom level of the west has some seating that could be used, I suspect at least s few hundred people will get the opportunity to stay.

Yep, was thinking that as well. You'd think that most of those who were on the concourse level will get the chance to stay there, while the ones who were in the top deck will more than likely be the ones relocated.

That’s a serious design flaw that there will be little to no access for the average punter to sit out of direct sunlight. Even worse when you consider that one of the two major tenants play a summer season... 

Why does a suburban ground of 30k capacity need to have 10% corporate seating? And why does it need to take up 95% of a whole stand? How often are the eels or WSW realistically going to have 3000 corporate spectators in the place?... seems like a waste to me.

On 29/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, FCB said:

Can't be bothered going through 20 pages of posts.

I was part of a meeting with club officials on Monday. If I understood them correctly then the capacity of the ground will be 27k (spread across North, East, and South terraces) plus 3k VIP seats (West terrace only). Those who had seats on the old Parra West Terrace will be relocated to the new East terrace.

Which means those who had good seats on the east terrace (disclamer....me), will be shunted for the displaced western terrace refugees.

16 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

That west side is gonna be dead. Might as well not do WDYSF with them.

Levi Stadium (new San Francisco 49ers ground) has one of those corporate stands. And guess what - the corporates get the shade, just like here. 

Their die-hard fans all say the ground has a **** atmosphere.

Well, it'll be up to those of us on the other three sides to make up for the champagne sippers.

Let's just hope Fox Sports put all the ground mics in the right places.

9 hours ago, tardotz said:

Or....the ones that had seats in the covered middle top tier west (😌 me ) will now end up near the corner flag on the east

I very  much doubt that. They will transplant you guys over to the East side in the best seats first, probably increase the allocation of Red memberships too to capitalise on the musical chairs. Black members in the best seats on the old east side will get shafted to the fringes. 

Guaranteed. 

21 hours ago, mack said:

The bottom level of the west has some seating that could be used, I suspect at least s few hundred people will get the opportunity to stay.

Since there's only a few hundred seats, make the western bottom level seating premium memberships.. 

An upgrade to the current red section.. Charge around 750-800 a season. 

3 hours ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Since there's only a few hundred seats, make the western bottom level seating premium memberships.. 

An upgrade to the current red section.. Charge around 750-800 a season. 

Geezus, maaaaate, go easy on the $s, don't give them any ideas!

Gees, never realised how corporate the western stand was. And looking at the pictures id just assume all the lower terraces would be for red members and all the boxes and upper seats is more then enough vip seats. 

Im a red and black member, i just want my good ole batch of seats back in the north eastern lower stand. We were the life of old parra stadium!!:xbop:

Edited by DeeDee
7 hours ago, Unlimited said:

As a Western stand member who had a seat in the grandstand, I take offence to any suggestion that I be moved to the Eastern stand 

As a westie, I feel it is only appropriate and proper that I sit in the -west- stand when I am watching the Western Sydney Wanderers :crap:

pfffttt East stand at Parra was where it was at in the old place, you come across as a typical Parra west stander. We sat in the East to look to the beautiful west, and fry in the setting sun.....

We might not want you in the East stand, we don't take just anyone....

Edited by WSWBoro
7 hours ago, Unlimited said:

As a Western stand member who had a seat in the grandstand, I take offence to any suggestion that I be moved to the Eastern stand 

As a westie, I feel it is only appropriate and proper that I sit in the -west- stand when I am watching the Western Sydney Wanderers :crap:

Aren't you a big shot money making financial guru now? Just buy a box.

On 30/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, Wanderboy said:

Luke, as FCB stated, the western side will become predominantly corporate, as seen in the photo below. The capacity will be approximately 5000 less than the previous stadium.

Wow, I didn’t realise that the western stand had that many corporate boxes.

As some guy said, not looking forward to being shafted to the fringes of the eastern stand :acute: 

On 03/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, StringerBellend said:

Anybody who turned up on Saturday should get to pick their seat at the new place 

16 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Yeah, but let's keep it amongst ourselves -  we don't want everyone else picking the seats we want.

Anyone who turned up, and stayed the full 90+ gets pick of their seats and free mid strength warm beer

• mack locked this topic