Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

14 hours ago, mack said:

Based on the sun studies in the planning document, if you're worried about the sun you should request a seat in the corners next to the main grandstand (North-West & South-West) corners. Parts of the southern stand should be good as well. North-East Corner and the main Eastern Stand will get hit full force though.

sun.JPG.87723fc394334309a099e4763281f545.JPG

Would you say if you sit at the very UPPER part of the Eastern stands (i.e lsat 10 rows) do you think there is a chance you would be covered from the sun?

20 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Would you say if you sit at the very UPPER part of the Eastern stands (i.e lsat 10 rows) do you think there is a chance you would be covered from the sun?

Not sure.

It would depend on the time. By late afternoon the sun will be setting so the entire stand will get sun until it goes below the Western stand. 

When that happens it will be the first row that is shaded. The last row will get covered when it is earlier in the day by the roof, until the sun sets.

So at some point it will be protected, then not protected, then the sun sets and eventually it's night.

13 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

we are getting a shiny new stadium for free and we still find ways to complain 

no wonder so many people in other areas of oz despise sydney people! 

Who cares the west side is too far too walk anyway let those corporate lackies get stuck behind us smelly wogs on exit 

plus think of the positives if you want to mug someone just wait outside the western side none of them are members so pillage as you please 

Yep, the club did neither design nor finance that ground, nor is the club building it. But the club was heard when it came to the steep terraces close to the pitch and safe standing. 

The decison makers went for a more American model with a corporate terrace, and that's what we are getting. The club now has the thankless task to put people where they would like to sit, and who they want to sit with. 

Those whi don't like the new ground design may want to try Spotless or ANZ. 

10% of a 30k capacity with western stand access lost completely to corporate seating... 

It’s a really poor design for what is ultimately just a fancy suburban stadium and when you consider that one of its two major tenants play afternoon games in the middle of summer, it’s borderline lunacy.

Without knowing the operational model of the stadium it’s hard to blame the club here. For all we know, there could be a Western Sydney Stadium group that will oversee every event and dictate that all match days are western stand corporate access only.

It’s definitely a bold move. I doubt you’re going to be seeing 3k corporates in attendance for a boring mid season Parra or WSW hitout.

Club will see what they get with corporates in the first season and probably bring in a premium non-corporate set of seating at a much higher price for season 2 there.

The Govt went with the entire corporate grandstand because it's cheap edit - compared to putting corporate facilities around the entire stadium

I really should have expanded that.

The "stakeholders", the clubs, govt, nrl, ffa, rugby union etc wanted XYZ amount of corporate boxes.

Putting them in the single grandstand along with most of the stadium infrastructure, media, broadcasting, equipment, the team locker rooms etc with the other stands being blank slate seating is cheaper than a design where the corporate boxes wrap around the stadium (usually in their own specific level above the ground level terrace and the upper stand).

48 minutes ago, mack said:

I really should have expanded that.

The "stakeholders", the clubs, govt, nrl, ffa, rugby union etc wanted XYZ amount of corporate boxes.

Putting them in the single grandstand along with most of the stadium infrastructure, media, broadcasting, equipment, the team locker rooms etc with the other stands being blank slate seating is cheaper than a design where the corporate boxes wrap around the stadium (usually in their own specific level above the ground level terrace and the upper stand).

Yep true.

Thanks for clarifying.

It's the meccano set design of the rest of the stadium that is keeping this build to $300 million.

4 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

The east terrace picks you, you don't pick it. Miss the old faces around the old parra East stand lol 

I was worried when we moved to Homebush that I wouldn't see the large Croatian family that sat in front of me, or the angry Scottish man a few rows behind, in previous seasons.

We'd requested a seating change at Spotless before a game had been played there to get a bit closer to the pitch, but we have our allocated seats as they were at ANZ.

I was happy at our first ANZ match last season to see the Croatian family in front (albeit a few seats over) and I could distinctly hear the dulcet tones of angry abuse from the Scottish guy as the game wore on. Truly, it made it feel like home.

I kind of miss the larger lady who sat in front of us at parra and sang all the songs out of tune in between shouts of “get em onside referee”, I’m not convinced that she understood the football offside rule 

dont miss the guys who would make “witty” comments every five minutes loud enough for everybody to “enjoy” and “appreciate” I think in their heads they were santo and ed, but in reality they were tedious bellends. 

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I kind of miss the larger lady who sat in front of us at parra and sang all the songs out of tune in between shouts of “get em onside referee”, I’m not convinced that she understood the football offside rule 

dont miss the guys who would make “witty” comments every five minutes loud enough for everybody to “enjoy” and “appreciate” I think in their heads they were santo and ed, but in reality they were tedious bellends. 

season 3 i had this old guy who also happened to be the loudest person in the universe yelling COME ON WANDERERS every 30 seconds, it was so much fun

Yeah, there were some real characters around the old east stand. The fella with the bright red tall mohawk hairdo used to sit down and across from us, always thankful never sat directly behind him.

Then there was the bastard who would let rip with foul farts, ******* disgusting whoever that was lol Every ******* home game people would be looking around wondering who had let rip.

Then there was a bloke that would just always should 'ref', 'ref', 'REF', 'hey ref' , 'Refffffffff', this was just when it was normal play also, maybe he just had tourette's and 'ref' was his stuck work or some such shyte. The ref never responded to him anyway.

Edited by WSWBoro
2 hours ago, Carns said:

I was worried when we moved to Homebush that I wouldn't see the large Croatian family that sat in front of me, or the angry Scottish man a few rows behind, in previous seasons.

We'd requested a seating change at Spotless before a game had been played there to get a bit closer to the pitch, but we have our allocated seats as they were at ANZ.

I was happy at our first ANZ match last season to see the Croatian family in front (albeit a few seats over) and I could distinctly hear the dulcet tones of angry abuse from the Scottish guy as the game wore on. Truly, it made it feel like home.

I got the impression that they moved people in big batches...maybe whole Bays.

We only stayed one game at Soulless in our originally allocated Bay, but there were quite a few familiar faces from our Bay at Pirtek seated around us.

PS Sadly...I wouldn't know what any of them sounded like. It was an atmosphere graveyard down in Bay 3.

Lol

2 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

Yeah, there were some real characters around the old east stand. The fella with the bright red tall mohawk hairdo used to sit down and across from us, always thankful never sat directly behind him.

Then there was the bastard who would let rip with foul farts, ******* disgusting whoever that was lol Every ******* home game people would be looking around wondering who had let rip.

Then there was a bloke that would just always should 'ref', 'ref', 'REF', 'hey ref' , 'Refffffffff', this was just when it was normal play also, maybe he just had tourette's and 'ref' was his stuck work or some such shyte. The ref never responded to him anyway.

Lucky no one stuck a flare under the old (farty) fella !

On 12/03/2018 at 1:43 PM, Johnno said:

whoever opens it up first, they should have a joint openday for members of both clubs to wander around and check out everything BEFORE the first game

We should be able to do what they did just prior to ANZ (then Stadium Australia) opening. A big fan day where you get to walk around and through the stadium.

I did that at ANZ:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stadium_Australia_Walked_stadium_first_certificateJPG.jpg

On 23/3/2018 at 4:33 PM, BeefB said:

We should be able to do what they did just prior to ANZ (then Stadium Australia) opening. A big fan day where you get to walk around and through the stadium.

I did that at ANZ:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stadium_Australia_Walked_stadium_first_certificateJPG.jpg

I'll bet, when you did your tour, that you didn't think there'd be a push to tear it down in less than 20 years! :lol:

Or that (if you"re like most WSW supporters) you'd come to hate the place.  :lol:

• mack locked this topic