Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

2 hours ago, Victory said:

**** me they're on Usain Bolt speed since Easter. As I said, FFA are nuts if they don't schedule WSW home the last three weeks of the season. Means you only need to play 10 games away from there next year hopefully.

Spoke to a membership team guy who said that we won't move part-way through a season. Unfortunately we'll be at SOP for all of next season. 

I can’t find it anymore but my missus showed me a job listing for a WSW memberships position she came across on linked in a few weeks back. Interestingly, it stated that it wasn’t an active position until the new stadium opened. The opening obviously poses some admin changes hence why they won’t move mid season.

2 hours ago, DinoPresinger said:

Spoke to a membership team guy who said that we won't move part-way through a season. Unfortunately we'll be at SOP for all of next season. 

The club won't move during the season, or can't move during the season?

Just wondering if we are tied into some kind of contract with SOP that we can't get out of perhaps. Anyone know?

Now that we are seeing the stadium come together in some detail (steepness of terraces/stands, roof coverage etc.....) I have a question for discussion.

There was some discussion a while ago when we were in the design stage about what might be seen as a loss of atmosphere due to the open space at the back of the roof coverage of the top tier. I think I remember Gazmon mentioning this, or maybe it was someone else. Btw, I wonder where Gaz has gone??

Now we are seeing the stadium come to fruition, what are people's thoughts now?

Personally, I think some loss of noise is slightly possible, but the more I see this stadium come together, the more I think it won't be an issue. Even half full, it will be incredible (that is, if we still have the RBB).

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Having a full wrap around roof will make up for any "open space" at at the top of the stands. If we get a game like the ACL final or the 5-4 Roar game or that Victory game in 2015 it'll be deafening. Assuming of course the FFA/JT haven't killed the club by then.

And just for the information I believe that the reason there's no enclosure on the roof is because having a fabric cover (eg, the Robina Gold Coast stadium) is because it would be a higher visual impact from the park.

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

**** seats, just leave it like that!

Where are are stadium experts? Is it weird that so many seats are in the upper bowl? I thought modern stadiums preferred more seats in the lower?

I wouldn't say it's weird, I'd say ours is pretty much in the middle of what you'd expect for our capacity. It's basically a design choice how many in the lower vs upper bowl you have.

Ours has ~12 rows in the lower bowl.

If you look at the new Avaya Stadium in the MLS, the bottom bowl has 3 rows around most of the lower bowl, with most of the capacity in the safe standing area for active support, and then on the other side, the open air bar end which has pub style tables across that whole end. They could easily have done a much bigger capacity lower bowl, or with the capacity at 18000, just left it as a single tier.

The new LAFC Stadium (22k capacity), one end has rail seating in a really steep  home end with a upper tier above it, two sidelines with probably 25 rows and then a large upper tier, and the other end being probably opposite to ours, with a larger lower bowl and a smaller second tier.

• mack locked this topic