Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

33 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Read in today's DT how the Waratahs want to play more NSW stadiums away from Moore Park eg Manly.

What's the betting there will be Tahs game at Parra new stadium in 2 years !

They are the entire reason Allianz is being rebuilt at 50k

it’s all so Boat shoe wearing, wallabies jumper draped over the shoulder, pressed chino wearing Lexus drivers don’t have to travel west of glebe 

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

They are the entire reason Allianz is being rebuilt at 50k

it’s all so Boat shoe wearing, wallabies jumper draped over the shoulder, pressed chino wearing Lexus drivers don’t have to travel west of glebe 

You forgot white silky shirts.  Went to Newport Arms Hotel a couple of months back. Two in every three dudes had boat shoes, those just-slightly-longer than-knickerbocker pants, and white long sleeve silk with open neck showing off their chest hair/lack of chest hair. I've never seen so much white since brides pretended to be virtuous at weddings. I was suddenly possessed by the spirit of a Northern Englishman / Scotsman and felt like planting a headbutt on every single one of them, just to add a little colour.

4 hours ago, alexd said:

Heard a nothern beaches' gentleman on abc radio indicating that he would not consider taking hisgrandkids to the new powerhouse museum once it moves to Parramatta.....😁

Why does that not surprise me?

One only has to read the "comments" section of the SMH to see what demographic that rag has.

Very anti-West, and very anti development of infrastructure, if it doesn't help them personally get to work a half hour earlier.

Stuart Ayres should be ashamed of himself, being the minister for western Sydney and all, for allowing this shite to happen.

It's "**** you I got mine" syndrome. Eastern Sydney, North & South Sydney has had 200 years of development and Government infrastructure. People living there see no problems because their well off areas are already built up, already get lots of infrastructure spending. Meanwhile in Western Sydney entire suburbs get created with no schools, no train stations, no parks, just stacks and stacks of cheaply built mcmansions and tower apartment blocks. If you want more than just the bare minimum done out here the rich in the East complain that their rates/taxes might go up.

Northern Beaches the  Insular Pennisula, Tony Abbott seat over there. Not so much SMH readers but Australian readers worried that their “Australian” way of life is under threat from the swarm of migrants they imagine is coming to get them. Weird bunch them remember when manly merged with north sydney and their fans wouldn’t travel to north sydney 

21 hours ago, btron3000 said:

You forgot white silky shirts.  Went to Newport Arms Hotel a couple of months back. Two in every three dudes had boat shoes, those just-slightly-longer than-knickerbocker pants, and white long sleeve silk with open neck showing off their chest hair/lack of chest hair. I've never seen so much white since brides pretended to be virtuous at weddings. I was suddenly possessed by the spirit of a Northern Englishman / Scotsman and felt like planting a headbutt on every single one of them, just to add a little colour.

Whenever I think of people from the Eastern burbs / northern beaches I think of the Harry Enfield shop owner sketch ' I saw you coming' 

That video isnt very current, all three sides of the stadium have the full frame work up and most of the concrete step work is done, the roof fabric sections have started to be fitted on southern stand as well.

I was down at the stadium this afternoon more or less stood in the same spot as above...it looks ******* awesome...but......

The stadium looks solid, great stand rake and steels...but then they are putting this shitty fabric for the roof. They go to the effort of building an awesome stadium and then top it off with rubbish. What the photo above doesnt show behind the tree is the fabric panel that has been hanging limply in the wind for over a week. I do wonder if they are struggling with it a bit.

Just looks really really cheap to me.. massive ******* steels holding up shitty fabric lol Glorified tent.

Other than that brilliant.

Edited by Smoggy
33 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I was down at the stadium this afternoon more or less stood in the same spot as above...it looks ******* awesome...but......

The stadium looks solid, great stand rake and steels...but then they are putting this shitty fabric for the roof. They go to the effort of building an awesome stadium and then top it off with rubbish. What the photo above doesnt show behind the tree is the fabric panel that has been hanging limply in the wind for over a week. I do wonder if they are struggling with it a bit.

Just looks really really cheap to me.. massive ******* steels holding up shitty fabric lol Glorified tent.

Other than that brilliant.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who hates it. A solid white/grey roof would have topped it off. I’m also not sure why they changed the colour from the original design. 

Edited by xxBrandonxx
3 minutes ago, xxBrandonxx said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who hates it. A solid white/grey roof would have topped it off. 

Going to be some gales at the end of the week possibly, they will really struggle then lol I do wonder if they will get it water tight also, I know still being stitched together but just looks **** lol

• mack locked this topic