Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

On 17/05/2018 at 1:28 PM, teddies said:

Not sure if discussed, but which telco or bank will it be named after?

Marvel announced as new sponsor for Docklands Stadium, polarising fans
Melbourne's Docklands Stadium is set to be renamed Marvel Stadium in an eight-year sponsorship deal from September this year.

The deal will include a complete re-branding of the venue and the opening of a new premium Marvel store within the stadium precinct.

The news comes just one month after the Victorian Government committed $225 million worth of investment to the stadium and wider Docklands precinct.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-24/marvel-stadium-rebrand-polarises-punters/9794932

Please don't name ours DC Stadium, PLEASE don't name ours DC Stadium..!

I believe the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium naming rights expires this year, and the WSS naming rights is either selected or under tender.

Perhaps they've decided to switch from the AFL Oval to one of the rectangular stadiums.

With City playing out of Melbourne Rectangular it makes sense for CFG to want Etihad get the naming rights. Wonder how Victory would feel about it.

3 hours ago, Davo said:

With City playing out of Melbourne Rectangular it makes sense for CFG to want Etihad get the naming rights. Wonder how Victory would feel about it.

Seems like they would and I doubt Victory have any other options, its not like they're gonna move all their games to Marvel stadium, City group took on Man Utd I doubt they will fear Victory.   

1 hour ago, FCWanderers said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/24/parramatta-eels-and-wests-tigers-could-open-new-stadium-in-easter-monday-blockbuster/

The NRL are looking to open the Western Sydney Stadium with a match on Easter Monday on April 22nd next year. It looks like at least 2 NRL teams (Parramatta and Wests Tigers) will play matches at the new stadium next year, possibly up to 5 teams.

Meh we will make it our own stadium in no time.  It annoys me that the NRL are going on about steepest stands bit, I'm sure that was us making it a priority if it was up to them we would have grassy hills.

Edited by wengerboy
7 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/24/parramatta-eels-and-wests-tigers-could-open-new-stadium-in-easter-monday-blockbuster/

The NRL are looking to open the Western Sydney Stadium with a match on Easter Monday on April 22nd next year. It looks like at least 2 NRL teams (Parramatta and Wests Tigers) will play matches at the new stadium next year, possibly up to 5 teams.

Let them, they will iron out any glitches and allow us to go in problem free. I hope the ticketing scanning system crashes on them, or the bogs back up or something and then when we rock up it is like totally perfect.

Yep, send in the NRL mob first as a test crew.

Edited by Smoggy

I heard a story on Guardian Weekly’s Football podcast that on the opening on of the new Wembley Stadium that it’s 2618 toilets got blocked up because it underestimated the amount of sewage all coming through at once. Let’s hope it happens to them :lol:

I noticed that Wanderboy didn’t have too many photos from the South West & West of the stadium, so added a few more to the list

7 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I heard a story on Guardian Weekly’s Football podcast that on the opening on of the new Wembley Stadium that it’s 2618 toilets got blocked up because it underestimated the amount of sewage all coming through at once.

Makes sense, from memory that was that Chelsea man u cup final.

9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I heard a story on Guardian Weekly’s Football podcast that on the opening on of the new Wembley Stadium that it’s 2618 toilets got blocked up because it underestimated the amount of sewage all coming through at once. Let’s hope it happens to them :lol:

I noticed that Wanderboy didn’t have too many photos from the South West & West of the stadium, so added a few more to the list

Cheers Luke.

Also, I have noticed for a few months now that as the roof trusses are installed, the flood lighting is also installed. This can be clearly seen on the bottom left photo of your tweet when the pic is enlarged. None of my photos have shown it very clearly.

25 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I first went to Parra in 2001, not just the stadium but the whole town has changed so much since and is continuing to change big time with the massive holes in the ground around the station area. Back in 2001 Parra was just a run down suburb, eat street was just dodgy shops with a few places to eat but not like now. The river area was ok, but again nothing like now. Now Parra really does feel like its own city and this stadium is going to finish that off.

So can't wait to get back home.

Edited by Smoggy
9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I first went to Parra in 2001, not just the stadium but the whole town has changed so much since and is continuing to change big time with the massive holes in the ground around the station area. Back in 2001 Parra was just a run down suburb, eat street was just dodgy shops with a few places to eat but not like now. The river area was ok, but again nothing like now. Now Parra really does feel like its own city and this stadium is going to finish that off.

Just further to this, you ain't seen nothing yet in Parramatta's development.

That Meriton Tower (176 metres tall), is just the start of development of commercial and residential space. There are at least 8 towers in the planning process taller than that.  The highest will be 233 metres tall, a good 60 metres taller than Meriton's. It will be in Parramatta Square - that hole in the ground near the station that you speak of. Currently under construction there is a 154 metre commercial tower. The 233 metre tower is named Aspire, and will also be a commercial development.

That little block on the corner of the laneway next to the Bavarian, is slated for a tower 198 metres tall. 5 star hotel and luxury apartments. It's already 75% sold out. Demolition of the existing building should commence this year. There are many others, several over 200 metres.

Then there is the proposed Light Rail running straight up Church street, running from Westmead to Carlingford, with a second stage off-shoot to Olympic Park and Strathfield. Not to mention the underground metro currently in planning from the city to Westmead. And the relocation of the Powerhouse Museum to the old David Jones car park site on the banks of the river. Then there is the huge redevelopment of the precinct around the Parramatta Jail as well.

Opposite the Meriton site across Church street, another great dining and residential development is currently under construction -  The Lennox - 159 metres tall and due for completion in 2020.

In 5 years time, Parramatta will be unrecognisable to what it is today.

Exciting times indeed.

21 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Just further to this, you ain't seen nothing yet in Parramatta's development.

That Meriton Tower (176 metres tall), is just the start of development of commercial and residential space. There are at least 8 towers in the planning process taller than that.  The highest will be 233 metres tall, a good 60 metres taller than Meriton's. It will be in Parramatta Square - that hole in the ground near the station that you speak of. Currently under construction there is a 154 metre commercial tower. The 233 metre tower is named Aspire, and will also be a commercial development.

That little block on the corner of the laneway next to the Bavarian, is slated for a tower 198 metres tall. 5 star hotel and luxury apartments. It's already 75% sold out. Demolition of the existing building should commence this year. There are many others, several over 200 metres.

Then there is the proposed Light Rail running straight up Church street, running from Westmead to Carlingford, with a second stage off-shoot to Olympic Park and Strathfield. Not to mention the underground metro currently in planning from the city to Westmead. And the relocation of the Powerhouse Museum to the old David Jones car park site on the banks of the river. Then there is the huge redevelopment of the precinct around the Parramatta Jail as well.

Opposite the Meriton site across Church street, another great dining and residential development is currently under construction -  The Lennox - 159 metres tall and due for completion in 2020.

In 5 years time, Parramatta will be unrecognisable to what it is today.

Exciting times indeed.

If Middlesbrough could have 5% of this kind of development lol Parra will be unrecognizable like you say though.  The Powerhouse Museum I doubt will move any time soon, loads of wrangling and red tape over that one. There was a letter in the paper from some eastern burbs dad who regularly took his son to the museum to say that if it moved to Parra they would never go again as they never would go out that far lol

Edited by Smoggy
3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If Middlesbrough could have 5% of this kind of development lol Parra will be unrecognizable like you say though.  The Powerhouse Museum I doubt will move any time soon, loads of wrangling and red tape over that one. There was a letter in the paper from some eastern burbs dad who regularly took his son to the museum to say that if it moved to Parra they would never go again as they never would go out that far lol

Good.

Sound like ESFC fans.

On 25/05/2018 at 3:37 PM, mack said:

It's the NRL. They don't care about home grounds or supporting local communities. They just want to go where they think they might make more money.

This is so true and most unfortunate, because it dilutes the tribal nature of the sporting arena..Communities are lost, forgotten in pursuit of the corporate strategy. However they forget what drove all of this in the first place..

I believe that football in Australia can be that vehicle if managed correctly, we have seen so much evidence of that.

I only hope that elements like the RBB so critical to the game and football don`t cave in with protest fever and basically prove the establishment and haters right... come. chant and do what you guys do so well, be leaders, lead us in song, passion and inspiration...

Be the envy of Australian sport, we were, but not anymore..but I believe we can return to this. I want to be a part of it...we need to go beyond the importance of the flare, its the football, belonging and stadium wide passion that will get us there..****, I love the value pyro can bring and I was one of the biggest nay-sayers in the beginning, but hell pyro brings a game to life, literally..

But we were ******* great without them too, I long to return to greatness, can we get there....

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I remember catching a bus into nth parra as a young 7-8 yr old ( over 35 yrs ago ) and standing out the front of bike shop window ( I think it was called universal bikes , next to we’re harry’s Was ) looking at this chrome redline bike with red tuffs , then under it , there was a mongoose with blue tuffs , the same tuffs .... when they snapped you could put them in the freezer and they fix themselves , must of been an urban myth . 

And as the years went on ........

The good ol day’s hanging out at lucky Lils downstairs , the little malls were I used to buy my rapper pants and Kung fu shoes , when the only food court was on level 1 westfields , hassling juicy Lucy , then after that used to catch a rattler into the city and go to Mick Simmons and touch everything .

1 hour ago, Dmtd said:

I remember catching a bus into nth parra as a young 7-8 yr old ( over 35 yrs ago ) and standing out the front of bike shop window ( I think it was called universal bikes , next to we’re harry’s Was ) looking at this chrome redline bike with red tuffs , then under it , there was a mongoose with blue tuffs , the same tuffs .... when they snapped you could put them in the freezer and they fix themselves , must of been an urban myth . 

And as the years went on ........

The good ol day’s hanging out at lucky Lils downstairs , the little malls were I used to buy my rapper pants and Kung fu shoes , when the only food court was on level 1 westfields , hassling juicy Lucy , then after that used to catch a rattler into the city and go to Mick Simmons and touch everything .

The tuffs in the freezer was a myth mate, I collect vintage BMX bikes and have at least 15 sets of them.

Anyway why are the wowsers still whining about their pool, it was **** now it's gone.

• mack locked this topic