Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

17 minutes ago, Harv said:

Much understandable excitement as we watch the new stadium grow, but is there any word on parking for  the hoped-for increased crowd?

Heard Parra leagues was putting in a multi-story carpark for members.

Isn't there a light rail planned as well.

29 minutes ago, Harv said:

Much understandable excitement as we watch the new stadium grow, but is there any word on parking for  the hoped-for increased crowd?

The stadium will have approximately 500 parking spaces. I believe that it will be like the old stadium where there was no public access except for what I assume would be a small amount of premium/VIP memberships. The majority of the stadium will be allocated to high ranking stadium staff, to players & staff from the teams involved, the media and assorted 'others' like police, ambulances etc.

The current parking area at the south of the stadium that exists outside the stadium boundaries isn't impacted by the stadium, I think is owned by Parra Council. I imagine it's around 350 spaces. It will probably remain first come first serve.

10 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Heard Parra leagues was putting in a multi-story carpark for members.

Isn't there a light rail planned as well.

Parra Leagues built a new 760 space multi-story carpark which is now open. Obviously the entire leagues club is going to have a huge demand placed on it at big matches at the new stadium. I have no idea how they are going to do it. I really hope they police stop showing up 3 hours before the game and closing the car-park despite it being obviously not full.

17 minutes ago, mack said:

The stadium will have approximately 500 parking spaces. I believe that it will be like the old stadium where there was no public access except for what I assume would be a small amount of premium/VIP memberships. The majority of the stadium will be allocated to high ranking stadium staff, to players & staff from the teams involved, the media and assorted 'others' like police, ambulances etc.

The current parking area at the south of the stadium that exists outside the stadium boundaries isn't impacted by the stadium, I think is owned by Parra Council. I imagine it's around 350 spaces. It will probably remain first come first serve.

Parra Leagues built a new 760 space multi-story carpark which is now open. Obviously the entire leagues club is going to have a huge demand placed on it at big matches at the new stadium. I have no idea how they are going to do it. I really hope they police stop showing up 3 hours before the game and closing the car-park despite it being obviously not full.

I wonder how I will get on if I turn up with the two kids all outfitted in our Wanderers' gear, and show a Parra Leagues Club membership to the guys at the entrance to the car park.

If they operate like they used to, the Police might rock up to "close" the car park as it approaches game time. Before that, a security guard checks memberships and if you aren't a member you get told to turn around.

27 minutes ago, hughsey said:

That car park at the leagues club went up ridiculously quick. 

I personally look forward to returning to parking in the mental hospital for $5 and basically going wherever you can find space. None of this $25 P1 bullshit...

Im sure I remember them knocking the price up slightly at the end there - i only had a $5, so had to scab from my mother in law. Still less than $10 though, and far better than the P1 BS for sure.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

...or the $murf$.........they will want a full house....

nahhh, they won't kick off the new stadium with a derby...CCM or Jets best bet. Against CCM would be a nice nod to history with the first game at the old stadium being CCM, kick off our new chapter in the same way.

Whatever the first game is it will be a certainty to sell out anyway regardless of who is the opponent. Waste of a derby in that regard. 

Never underestimate how many will come crawling out from under the woodwork  and resurface for the first time in ages when we move back.

Edited by Smoggy
On 28/05/2018 at 10:12 PM, Dmtd said:

I remember catching a bus into nth parra as a young 7-8 yr old ( over 35 yrs ago ) and standing out the front of bike shop window ( I think it was called universal bikes , next to we’re harry’s Was ) looking at this chrome redline bike with red tuffs , then under it , there was a mongoose with blue tuffs , the same tuffs .... when they snapped you could put them in the freezer and they fix themselves , must of been an urban myth . 

And as the years went on ........

The good ol day’s hanging out at lucky Lils downstairs , the little malls were I used to buy my rapper pants and Kung fu shoes , when the only food court was on level 1 westfields , hassling juicy Lucy , then after that used to catch a rattler into the city and go to Mick Simmons and touch everything .

Good old Juicy Lucy lol

Also remember Shady Haze. I thought I was **** hot with Billabong cords I used to buy from there. And outside Westfield used to be like an army disposal store, and you could buy herbal smokes lol. Little skinny suckers that looked like joints a bit but rolled up in a leaf. Anyone remember what they were called?

2 hours ago, dcrow said:

Next season's semi final, maybe being too optimistic.

It's the only possibility. Pretty sure the club have a 3 year agreement with SOPA. 

FFA have no agreement with any stadium.

18 hours ago, Benched said:

Good old Juicy Lucy lol

Also remember Shady Haze. I thought I was **** hot with Billabong cords I used to buy from there. And outside Westfield used to be like an army disposal store, and you could buy herbal smokes lol. Little skinny suckers that looked like joints a bit but rolled up in a leaf. Anyone remember what they were called?

I think those little brown darts were called "gedangs" or something like that. i'm pretty sure my school uniform duffle coat was bought from that disposal shop. 

My parents used to say "Parramatta no come back" as a reference to going into the mental hospital. Does anyone else remember this, or is it particular to my folks and their ethnic mates?

18 hours ago, Paul01 said:

It's the only possibility. Pretty sure the club have a 3 year agreement with SOPA. 

FFA have no agreement with any stadium.

Don't forget that the semi's are run by the FFA. Regular season by the Wanderers.

Hopefully it will be another repeat of last seasons Sensation (music festival) disaster, field up to standard, Parramatta is ready & the club can just rip up the contract.

1 hour ago, DomJ said:

As much as I don't like visiting Rugby League sites, a mate at work sent me this link from the Eels website.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/05/30/western-sydney-sydney---may-2018-update/

Isn't it the same footage that we have on   https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/western-sydney-stadium-update-may-2018  

6 hours ago, mack said:

The light rail won't be ready until 2025 (the Govt claims 2023 but I doubt it).

Also if you're willing to drive and then park and then catch a train you might as well just park at your local 'heavy' railway station and use that to get to Parramatta.

I think it will be more wiser if leave the car home and use public transport,because that will be the best to attend football, drink and drive don't mix.

5 minutes ago, sasam said:

Is it just me, or has  the single terrace (referred to as "kop" in promo video) at the north end has been VM'd out? Last image shows a break in the concourse. Could have sworn they were pitching a single tier.

Definitely two levels.

23 minutes ago, sasam said:

Is it just me, or has  the single terrace (referred to as "kop" in promo video) at the north end has been VM'd out? Last image shows a break in the concourse. Could have sworn they were pitching a single tier.

The single terrace was never part of the finished design. The first video they put out where they talked about the 'kop' style home end was a mistake. When I reposted it on my youtube they actually copyright striked me and emailed to complain to tell me to remove it.:woah:

They re-did the video by editing out that section. You can still kinda see how it might have looked but the end product is going to be identical for the three stands that aren't the main grandstand. If I had to guess the video was part of their response to the govt tender, and they didn't update it with the redesigned home end (might not have realised it wasn't in the final product) before it was released to the public when they won the bid. Hence the quick editing of the video to remove the "kop" part after realising the mistake.

• mack locked this topic