Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

It's not important.

As usual for any major project a bunch of NIMBY sooks want to get their name in the papers with mindless opposition.

The pool was always State Govt property despite being run by Parra Council. The pool was always going to get torn down for a new stadium. A replacement was always going to get built. The bickering over who pays/controls any replacement and where it goes was always going to get resolved.

I have been the Parra pool for my sons swimming evens a good few times, it is just as outdated as the stadium and needed a major revamp itself. There will be a better pool built somewhere... I don't mind these people making noises about a new pool and that there needs to be one around Parra somewhere, 

Edited by WSWBoro

There should have been a new location locked in and at least a time frame determined for the new aquatic centre, before they decided to go ahead with the stadium. That's just poor planning and general laziness. That's the gripe the pool folk have and I don't think it's unreasonable.

If that happened we wouldn't be getting a stadium until 2022.

Or at all.

If they hadn't announced the new Parra stadium, then we could quite easily have seen the recent switch in Premier, also result in knock down rebuild of the SFS and a new stadium in Penrith for the Panthers with the leftovers for a minor upgrade to ANZ, with Parra getting nothing.

It'll be about 400m walk. Not that far.

Agreed but they will have to do major work on the footpaths between the two. Way too small as it was, they need to find more space or chaos will ensue every game
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

Having an extra 400m to walk will help to thin out the crowd (a little bit) before they get to the tram stop.

But they will need to either shut down the street after each game, or as you say widen the footpath.

The stage 2 development application is being prepared by Infrastructure NSW and Lendlease.

There is a community and interested stakeholder drop in on Saturday 25 Feb 2017 between 12pm and 3pm to meet members of the project team.

Location Parramatta RSL (Hunter room).

Heres a chance to ask for a 35,000 seat stadium instead of the 30,000 seats.

Lol.

At what?

I may be wrong but I think mack is laughing because the link is to a personal computer file.....C/:.............not a" http" or url web file.......

Oh ok. I'm not that computer literate.

I just copied a link from an email regarding the development of the stadium. It was a newsletter emailed to me.

It's too late to delete it now. Maybe Mack can do that for me.

Lol.

At what?

I may be wrong but I think mack is laughing because the link is to a personal computer file.....C/:.............not a" http" or url web file.......

Yep, small things amuse small minds  :rolleyes:  :P

Damned t'interweb aye Wanderboy, but don't worry I think they do t'interweb for oldies sessions at local libraries you could drop in on   :P  ;)  :)

Just kiddin  ;)

• mack locked this topic