Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

HOLY **** THAT IS INCREDIBLE! ****! HOW GOOD! ****!

On Valentine's Day too :wub:

1. Bit more convinced by the in stadium lighting by those last few shots 

2. On the stair case outside the stadium, there are dirt/garden beds within the staircase. What will they put there?

3. Screen looks good

4. The western stand doesn’t as bad as first thought, only based on these pictures. Maybe the overall sexiness is making me overlook this flaw

20 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

2. On the stair case outside the stadium, there are dirt/garden beds within the staircase. What will they put there?

Based on the documents, I believe they just haven't finished it. It's not a 'garden bed' it's the dirt that will be the foundation for the pre-cast steps. I could be wrong though, but all the documents show the stairs as one big set of stairs, nothing else.

My guess is that the central pre-cast stair block is one that is more fiddly than the others as it needs to connect both sides so it's done last.

6 minutes ago, marron said:

So ah.... has the club sorted a deal yet?

On the listed events occurring at the venue, we are absent. That tells me no deal. I’m sure when the deal gets announced it will be public.

I’m assuming we are playing hard ball but don’t plan to leak it to the public like the eels. Maybe as a last resort.

Stadium looking superb - can't wait for next season - just hope some of the old magic reappears and we regain the ground lost during our years at the SOP wilderness..

Oh and starting a campaign for a tree to be planted near the entrance with a plaque dedicated to Hektik Hektor in memory of watching the ACL triumph at Parramatta square with Hektor up a tree next to us losing his sh#t. Such great memories:xnod:

Anyone know what happended to him? My son reckon's he's in Poland. 

15 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

On the listed events occurring at the venue, we are absent. That tells me no deal. I’m sure when the deal gets announced it will be public.

I’m assuming we are playing hard ball but don’t plan to leak it to the public like the eels. Maybe as a last resort.

A-League schedule doesn't get sorted/announced till May/June so we won't be listed for a while still

18 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Stadium looking superb - can't wait for next season - just hope some of the old magic reappears and we regain the ground lost during our years at the SOP wilderness..

Oh and starting a campaign for a tree to be planted near the entrance with a plaque dedicated to Hektik Hektor in memory of watching the ACL triumph at Parramatta square with Hektor up a tree next to us losing his sh#t. Such great memories:xnod:

Anyone know what happended to him? My son reckon's he's in Poland. 

Yep..that night / morning was awesome. I was stood nr that tree for s good while..some good noise came out lol

21 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Or maybe they are squeezing us since we hate Spotless so much... It's not like we can go anywhere else?

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Yep..that night / morning was awesome. I was stood nr that tree for s good while..some good noise came out lol

We were probably next to you mate - I was there with my daughter and another mate - the area around the tree had a good view without the mosh-pit feel of further in - and of course Hektor's running commentary - I really thought he was going to fall out on a few occasions :D

Couple of comments re some of the pics I posted yesterday.

1. I really don't expect much noise out of that western stand. Not much capacity, and full of champagne sipping, prawn sandwich eating wankers. Probably worth giving that side a miss in future for the WDWSF.

2. I like the fact that the concourse between the lower and upper tiers has a view of the field. It opens up the possibility of selling standing room tickets like they currently do at some other stadiums like the MCG. I remember reading something earlier on in the design phase that there would be around a 2000 standing capacity. I wonder if this is what they meant, and whether they will ever do it. And, it wasn't the safe standing/rail seating bays that they were talking about.

3. The fan forums that were held early on in the design phase appear to have all played out in the design. Steep stands, full roof coverage, plenty of food and beverage outlets etc.... The only thing they haven't built (thank ****) is the stupid idea from (some) Eels fans of a covered walk way from the Leagues Club to the stadium. Stupid ****ers obviously requested that.

The place is looking amazing, and I really can't wait to check it out. I also really hope that the RBB return in force. It will be the most intimidating stadium for away teams in the country. In any sport.

17 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Couple of comments re some of the pics I posted yesterday.

1. I really don't expect much noise out of that western stand. Not much capacity, and full of champagne sipping, prawn sandwich eating wankers. Probably worth giving that side a miss in future for the WDWSF.

2. I like the fact that the concourse between the lower and upper tiers has a view of the field. It opens up the possibility of selling standing room tickets like they currently do at some other stadiums like the MCG. I remember reading something earlier on in the design phase that there would be around a 2000 standing capacity. I wonder if this is what they meant, and whether they will ever do it. And, it wasn't the safe standing/rail seating bays that they were talking about.

3. The fan forums that were held early on in the design phase appear to have all played out in the design. Steep stands, full roof coverage, plenty of food and beverage outlets etc.... The only thing they haven't built (thank ****) is the stupid idea from (some) Eels fans of a covered walk way from the Leagues Club to the stadium. Stupid ****ers obviously requested that.

The place is looking amazing, and I really can't wait to check it out. I also really hope that the RBB return in force. It will be the most intimidating stadium for away teams in the country. In any sport.

I worry that the lack of proper fans in the western stand will affect that. 

24 minutes ago, mack said:

Hindmarsh Stadium at the biggest games sells standing room only tickets.

I also think the new Perth Stadium does too.

I've also seen a lot of standing fans at AAMI Park in Melbourne at times.

Edited by Wanderboy
15 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm actually hoping the other 3 sides will make up for that.

We just need a few drunk west stand chardonnay's to get in the ears of the away coaches and the 4th official. Job done. :)

Give it two seasons when the stadium ain’t so shiny and new anymore, if that, and the western side will be barely half full for 90% of Eels and WSW games.

My money is on it eventually being just the suites used for corporates and the normal seating there will just revert to a standard western membership/ticket.

WSW will probably sell a fair amount of them, they had a pretty strong level of corporate support from companies who simply buy the suite for the whole season, like a normal season ticket but for 10/20/40 etc people. For minor games they'll end up giving tickets away to staff, family and customers but when the big matches come they'll fill them easily, the big bosses who make the decision to buy the tickets in the first place will show up to bignote and 'network'. There's so many options available and the facilities are that good that they'll get a lot of support.

17 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

The place is looking amazing, and I really can't wait to check it out. I also really hope that the RBB return in force. It will be the most intimidating stadium for away teams in the country. In any sport.

the over policing , FFA and bans  etc over the last 3 seasons at SOP has taken it tolll on Active for sure.  Also have not seen WST folks this season. Will active fans be back in force  next season again ?  Really really hope so. Remember the days back at Pirtek  whole stadium rocked.  Yes it was an intimidating stadium for sure. The New stadium has more potential to make it so again...safe standing.. proper roof. All we need is active fans and rest of stadium to participate like the old days..

Does anybody know if there iare plans within the ranks of the RBB/WST to return in force next season  ? I am hoping  !!!l

On 14/02/2019 at 12:33 PM, mack said:

That's the field club area.

There are two major, and two minor locker rooms, one on each side of the grandstand. These open up into a very large warm-up area for each team, which in the plans, includes a large glass window so people in the field club corporate area can watch the players warming up. Although I don't know if that's going to happen in practice.

Each team has their own mini-tunnel leading out to the pitch area, but due to the layout and the doorways, it's possible that the players could walk out onto the pitch through the field club itself. It's the exact opposite of the Perth Glory tunnel that's for sure. Once out onto the pitch each team will have a row of seating, and of course they will have the option to use the current portable benches.

If they follow through with it, it'll be an experience that no-where in Australia but the new Perth Stadium and our stadium has.

Capture.PNG

And this how that field club & player entrance works in the WA stadium.

Capture.PNG.ee3ba0ca62e454b453824b65107dadc4.PNG

Hi Mack,

The pic of the floorplan (obviously Western side under corporates) - how did you get this? It seems incomplete (just a section of it). Do you know if there is a full version of this floorpan and where this is located ?

Cheers

The new Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta will open its gates for the first time with a Community Open Day that will be free to all fans on Sunday 14 April. 

The Open Day will give everyone in the community an opportunity to see the Stadium for the first time. 

Fans will be able to experience the unique Stadium design, including the proximity of seats to the pitch, steeper grandstands and 360-degree views from the concourse. 

Meet other supporters, explore the venue, experience some of the food available and find your seat at upcoming events – the Community Open Day is your opportunity to immerse yourself at the new Bankwest Stadium.

Tickets are free, however you will need to choose a session to attend and redeem a ticket. The confirmed session times are:

·    9:30am

·    11:00am

·    12:30pm

·    2:00pm

(*Additional sessions may be added on demand). 

Tickets will be available for redemption from 1pm Wednesday 27 February. 

All tickets to the Bankwest Stadium Community Open Day will include public transport to and from the event.