Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Just watched the presser with Lederer, JT & that arsewipe Ayres.

All very nice, fluffy, warm & fuzzy feelings but of course we have zero details on the nuts and bolts of the deal as to how it will affect us when we move back to Wanderland 2.0.

There is a members committee meeting with the club tomorrow night & I know of three forum participants who will be there, including some guy with a profile pic of him in a red pilot's helmet :P. Think there will be questions asked tomorrow but might be good to have those formulated and submitted first here...

2 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

All very nice, fluffy, warm & fuzzy feelings but of course we have zero details on the nuts and bolts of the deal as to how it will affect us when we move back to Wanderland 2.0.

There is a members committee meeting with the club tomorrow night & I know of three forum participants who will be there, including some guy with a profile pic of him in a red pilot's helmet :P. Think there will be questions asked tomorrow but might be good to have those formulated and submitted first here...

Please ask about the rail seating.. Does not look they have been installed. 

13 minutes ago, HillsWanderer said:

'The agreement will see the Wanderers play all home matches in the Hyundai A-League, FFA Cup (from the quarter-finals stage) and future AFC Champions League games at their new home ground in the heart of Parramatta. While the Wanderers Westfield W-League team will also play matches at the venue from next season.'

Glad to be going home but........

Remains to be seen if the "Match Day" experience will be any different to what we have already at ANZ or Spotless........the same venue operator.....we'll see

“Our discussions and work with the team from VenuesLive has been robust and we are very excited to be working together to bring the best match day experience to our members and fans - a return to Wanderland,” continued Mr Lederer.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/deal-done-were-returning-wanderland

Edited by sonar
20 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Maybe a good idea to get info from the RBB and then ask the club about how they will be treated at Wanderland 2.0 While it was good result on the pitch on Sunday evening the lack of atmosphere was very noticable.

Edited by sonar
1 minute ago, sonar said:

Maybe a good idea to get info from the RBB and then ask the club about how they will be treated at Wanderland 2.0 While it was good result on the pitch on Sunday evening the lack of atmosphere was very noticable.

I suspect that those who have any leadership role with the active support (RBB or otherwise) will be having their own ongoing discussions with the club, as that seems to have been the case since at least the last members forum if not earlier.

To be honest (and I may well be wrong) the members committee will not be the body that will discuss with the club how the active fans are treated, behave etc, but instead should be a place where more generic issues and questions can be tackled. For example, membership costs, security concerns, seat transition plans etc. I would think that most members who have experienced the crapfest that has been ANZ/Soulless would like to know if VenuesLive will be less officious and more helpful in creating the best game day experiences possible at Wanderland 2.0, and that is where questions need to be asked.

22 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

I suspect that those who have any leadership role with the active support (RBB or otherwise) will be having their own ongoing discussions with the club, as that seems to have been the case since at least the last members forum if not earlier.

To be honest (and I may well be wrong) the members committee will not be the body that will discuss with the club how the active fans are treated, behave etc, but instead should be a place where more generic issues and questions can be tackled. For example, membership costs, security concerns, seat transition plans etc. I would think that most members who have experienced the crapfest that has been ANZ/Soulless would like to know if VenuesLive will be less officious and more helpful in creating the best game day experiences possible at Wanderland 2.0, and that is where questions need to be asked.

A good approach. But I'd suggest you still do have a voice to be able to say - part of what we love is the RBB - please do everything you possibly can to make this work.

I have seen recent social media promotions of the new stadium that show clearly a design that when i drive past im not seeing currently..regarding the outside facade. I was under the impression initially that there would be a wrap around LED platform that looks like the image below:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by stavup
10 minutes ago, blameturner said:

Correct. Only at the corner of the ground will there be the same LED effect (being installed now)

Yep, the mock-up picture was all a big tease. You know, like prototypes at a motor show. You go, "Wow", look at that, "It looks amazing". You are of course reacting to the design team. Then the bean counters get hold of it and when it appears in the metal 2 years later looks like just about every other motor on the market and you go "Wow" again, but in a much more disappointed tone.

Let's hope our experience matches our original enthusiasm and excitement. Having VenuesLive managing the gaff already fills me with dread..

3 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Due to the ongoing failure of our men's and women's teams, as well as terrible crowds and disenfranchised fans, when will Tsatsimas be stepping down? 

Edited by matty
1 hour ago, matty said:

Due to the ongoing failure of our men's and women's teams, as well as terrible crowds and disenfranchised fans, when will Tsatsimas be stepping down? 

That's a fair point, the club has gone from champions of asia to at least we're not central coast in that time period.  Surely there has to be repercussions.

5 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Hi Manfred, please ask if the police bus will also be making a return from day one... as this was major turn-off for many fans.

7 hours ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Please ask about the rail seating.. Does not look they have been installed. 

Check the last page & today’s press release.

On 21/02/2019 at 7:42 AM, Wanderboy said:

Free tickets to the #BankwestStadium Community Open Day will be available from 1pm next Wednesday 27 Feb. All you need to do is choose from 4 sessions & claim your ticket 👌More here: http://bit.ly/2T3rPeh  #ForTheFans pic.twitter.com/sSezczlwLz

Dz373BaV4AAfDyO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Any WSF’ers going? Let us know cause have no idea what session to book & rather it be with WSF’ers than eels

• mack locked this topic