Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

11 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

I suspect that those who have any leadership role with the active support (RBB or otherwise) will be having their own ongoing discussions with the club, as that seems to have been the case since at least the last members forum if not earlier.

To be honest (and I may well be wrong) the members committee will not be the body that will discuss with the club how the active fans are treated, behave etc, but instead should be a place where more generic issues and questions can be tackled. For example, membership costs, security concerns, seat transition plans etc. I would think that most members who have experienced the crapfest that has been ANZ/Soulless would like to know if VenuesLive will be less officious and more helpful in creating the best game day experiences possible at Wanderland 2.0, and that is where questions need to be asked.

When is a meeting for all wanderers members, i think that now would be the right time .

27 minutes ago, Carns said:

Gotta love those inner city special interest groups. I hope they spend years in court trying to stop the new stadium in the city..........it will be lol's all round except if your a smurf. Would love for them to spend a decade or so going from ground to ground.

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

Gotta love those inner city special interest groups. I hope they spend years in court trying to stop the new stadium in the city..........it will be lol's all round except if your a smurf. Would love for them to spend a decade or so going from ground to ground.

To be honest, as much as I like your anti ESFC sentiment, that would be a disaster for sport in this city.

14 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

To be honest, as much as I like your anti ESFC sentiment, that would be a disaster for sport in this city.

I agree and I was being a trite sarcastic but for me a new stadium at Parra was needed and Allianz could of been upgraded not demolished and I get the feeling the SCG Trust was/is a little jealous of the stadium at Parra and didn't want to be outdone by westies.

Edited by sonar
1 minute ago, sonar said:

I agree and I was being a trite sarcastic but for me a new stadium at Parra was needed and Allianz could of been upgraded not demolished and I get the feeling the SCG Trust was/is a little jealous of the stadium at Parra and didn't want to be outdone by westies.

100%

The timeline for the new SFS is already ludicrously optimistic.

Our stadium began demolition in January 2017 iirc, and it looks like it'll be opened for business with the open day on the 14th of April. 2 years 3 months, 833 days.

For the SFS, even excluding the delay that is 8th June 2021. Which imo is no chance. And that means SFC will miss this season 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21. If the delay stretches out 6 months they are basically done for 2020/21 as well.

44 minutes ago, mack said:

Our stadium began demolition in January 2017 iirc, 

That is correct.

The time frame for the knock down/rebuild has been quite amazing actually.

In saying that, they are going to have their rings hanging out getting it finished before the 1st NRL game on Easter Monday.

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

That is correct.

In saying that, they are going to have their rings hanging out getting it finished before the 1st NRL game on Easter Monday.

The NSW Conservatives thinking it is an election winner. All the overtime paid for by the relentless fine quotas collected by the Police.

F*** Off Stuart Ayres.

7 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Send that team for 'all of feckin' Sydney out to Homebush for 3 feckin' years lol

19 hours ago, mack said:

The timeline for the new SFS is already ludicrously optimistic.

19 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

That is correct.

It’s easy really, they just jack up the budgeted labor costs in the project putting in a whole lot of overtime including weekends. Easy.

It’s what Spurs did, had 100’s of contractors on site around the clock to get the stadium done within a year.

That didn’t turn out too well by the way :lol:

1 minute ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Lol ticketek.

So i go to grab some tix to the open day at the new stadium. I click the link and I'm redirected to ticketek's website. I get to the finalise your purchase screen. Apparently it will cost me $19.96 is purchase insurance on my 4 free tickets.

I laughed at that as well.....Cost od ticket 0,,,,surchage.....0......insurance...=lol

3 minutes ago, Ken said:

12 nations playing over the course of two days, looks like the aura of a new stadium will have no bearing on the surface we'll be playing on.

https://bankweststadium.com.au/whats-on/downer-rugby-league-world-cup-9s-sydney-2019-day-1/

I agree with your concern over the condition of the surface after that. But at least our first match there won't clash with me going to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the Saturday night.

2 hours ago, Ken said:

12 nations playing over the course of two days, looks like the aura of a new stadium will have no bearing on the surface we'll be playing on.

https://bankweststadium.com.au/whats-on/downer-rugby-league-world-cup-9s-sydney-2019-day-1/

Best get used to it, this new stadium is going to get molested

6 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Lol ticketek.

So i go to grab some tix to the open day at the new stadium. I click the link and I'm redirected to ticketek's website. I get to the finalise your purchase screen. Apparently it will cost me $19.96 is purchase insurance on my 4 free tickets.

Why on earth would anyone want to pay ticket insurance when they are free? Lol.

6 hours ago, sonar said:

Open Day........IN......!     Ordered online and confirmed........can't wait to get a good up close look...…

Yep. I'm in as well. 

Such an easy process and ordered extras for friends.

12.30 session. "It's a Sunday and I want my sleep in."

Well, that's what Wanderboy Jnr said when I asked him which session he wanted to go to! :)