Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Don't know if it's bluecube, but that was confirmed as the design concept at the Members' Committee meeting last night. Apparently the various lock up rail seat designs tested/trialled obstructed the view when seated due to the height of the rail portion. As the goal end areas are a key popular spectator area for NRL the rail seating obstructed view was a major concern. As speculated, the normal seating has been installed for the NRL season starting soon.

Not sure why an obstructed view would be a problem for Eels fans? 

If anything, it should be a bonus.

12 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Thought this might be of interest 

12 hours ago, mack said:

WSW stadium plan.

Looks like away section is in the South-West corner and probably some GA. The GA in the North-West corner.

BankwestStadium_MembershipMap.thumb.jpg.768e7c1e6dd3480a07bb1ba99dd0d7c2.jpg

My understanding is:

- Bays 102, 103, 202, 203 are the away bays.

- Bay 101?

- Bays 200, 201, 229 are linked to the corporate facilities. I'm uncertain how they'll be used.

41 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

My understanding is:

- Bays 102, 103, 202, 203 are the away bays.

- Bay 101?

- Bays 200, 201, 229 are linked to the corporate facilities. I'm uncertain how they'll be used.

Not writ in stone, but there may be some options opening up for members to access parts of the western stand depending upon match day requirements etc. 

4 hours ago, wswnick said:

Scenes when they put the away fans in the lower western stand

3 hours ago, Flytox said:

They will do that for the derby.

That won't happen on purpose!

The allocated away bays are deliberately off camera.

22 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Welcome back.

Thanks.

Haven't had much time for football of late. Between two kids in the least 3-years and now moving out of Sydney... eep... very busy.

No longer work in Parramatta so I've missed a lot of the construction of the new stadium. Just was in the mood to reply today. I've been lurking ;)

48 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

Bit late to lay the pitch IMHO. Would need 2-3 months to properly be bedded in before its first use... oh well.

Looking forward to seeing it up close.

So what you're saying is that it will be in perfect shape for the Leeds game & Wanderers season. Perfect :lol:

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

The girl who spoke us was articulate and well presented compared to the NRL people.

Wanderer who is part of the Ladies League, worth the follow :good:

16 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

Just was in the mood to reply today. I've been lurking ;)

Does this mean you're back? We were missing your designs for the new Allianz

21 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Does this mean you're back? We were missing your designs for the new Allianz

Here's my latest design... :crazy:

landfill_3008487b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJli

Seriously though I haven't had time to think about it. I've also been studying as well. Now a qualified Building Designer, aka. Draftsperson. So I've been thinking about maybe doing something within ArchiCAD rather than my usual Sketchup.

Does anybody know what type of turf they're using at all?

... oh and disappointed their design didn't have a cannon to shoot the referees out of. I would have included that.

Actually, quite glad that their design is very similar to some of the ones that I mocked up years ago. Shows I was on the right track.

7 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

... oh and disappointed their design didn't have a cannon to shoot the referees out of. I would have included that.

Actually, quite glad that their design is very similar to some of the ones that I mocked up years ago. Shows I was on the right track.

It's supposed to be quick draining. I think there's something earlier in the thread

27 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

On 07/08/2018 at 4:18 PM, FCWanderers said:

This is the company that will be cultivating and installing the turf at the new stadium in Parramatta, they are working with the company above to install an AirPAT turf system.

https://hgsportsturf.com.au/

• mack locked this topic