Jump to content

Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)


mack

Recommended Posts

Sorry for off topic, does anyone know if the academy will have a small stadium in it?

I don't mind going to Marconi and King Tom but would rather our own place for NPL

Link to post
2 hours ago, Gazmon said:

Here's my latest design... :crazy:

landfill_3008487b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJli

Seriously though I haven't had time to think about it. I've also been studying as well. Now a qualified Building Designer, aka. Draftsperson. So I've been thinking about maybe doing something within ArchiCAD rather than my usual Sketchup.

 

I take it that's the final design for the SFS.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Flytox said:

I take it that's the final design for the SFS.

May need a slightly new facade. Perhaps a few less rubbish bags... pitch will be first class rubbish though. Will make Suncorp look like a billiard table. ;) 

I hate to say it, but I'm moving on Monday... which will then make the closest A-League venue to me Gosford Stadium... argh!!! Not changing my colours though... red & black all the way. Just forgoing our ticketed membership sadly.

Link to post
27 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I know this pic was posted the other day, but it really is the best I've seen of the interior.

Looks soooooo FAB.

 

JmnWfj1.jpg

Incredible how much Parra has changed the last 5 or 6 years..not just the stadium.

For those Wanderers fans that havent been to Parra since we left (there will be a few), they are in for a shock.

Link to post

When I was a kid, I remember Parra being a somewhat dodgy place that you'd probably try and avoid going to unless you really had to. It had great dreams of one day being the second CBD but was really nowhere near it. Nowadays I think it's really starting to reach that potential and definitely becoming a second CBD. The new stadium I think has tied it all together now. 

Link to post
33 minutes ago, hughsey said:

When I was a kid, I remember Parra being a somewhat dodgy place that you'd probably try and avoid going to unless you really had to. It had great dreams of one day being the second CBD but was really nowhere near it. Nowadays I think it's really starting to reach that potential and definitely becoming a second CBD. The new stadium I think has tied it all together now. 

Mate, what is planned or has already been approved for construction in Parramatta is beyond belief.

This is excluding what is already under construction, which is mind blowing. There's at least 5 towers above the 200 metre mark that are in the planning process or have been approved. For comparison, the tall Meriton Tower is 176 metres tall. Then, there are at least 10 more between 100 - 200 metres.

Then there is the Parramatta Light Rail to be started this year and the City Parramatta Metro railway via Olympic Park where planning is already underway. 

What we need is for the current state conservative govt to be returned in the State election in March. They have been astounding with their infrastructure policies and implementation. I've always been a Labor voter, but there is no way I'm voting for them or that dickhead Michael Daley this time. They are just anti EVERYTHING the current govt has planned. 

 

PS. I remember the Parramatta you talk about. It was such a dive. 

Edited by Wanderboy
Link to post

It had real stigma too, about being rough.

I used to go to the record store there near the square. People I knew used to be surprised I'd come back alive. It was okay, just needed to know how to keep your head down sometimes, an important skill. Helps if you are a dodgy looking ****er I suppose. :lol:

Link to post
5 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Mate, what is planned or has already been approved for construction in Parramatta is beyond belief.

This is excluding what is already under construction, which is mind blowing. There's at least 5 towers above the 200 metre mark that are in the planning process or have been approved. For comparison, the tall Meriton Tower is 176 metres tall. Then, there are at least 10 more between 100 - 200 metres.

Then there is the Parramatta Light Rail to be started this year and the City Parramatta Metro railway via Olympic Park where planning is already underway. 

What we need is for the current state conservative govt to be returned in the State election in March. They have been astounding with their infrastructure policies and implementation. I've always been a Labor voter, but there is no way I'm voting for them or that dickhead Michael Daley this time. They are just anti EVERYTHING the current govt has planned. 

 

PS. I remember the Parramatta you talk about. It was such a dive. 

You are wrong, Labor Party are not against everything they are against rebuilding Allianz Stadium, but i can see where you coming from. People are not stupid they will vote labor this time.

Link to post
3 hours ago, marron said:

It had real stigma too, about being rough.

I used to go to the record store there near the square. People I knew used to be surprised I'd come back alive. It was okay, just needed to know how to keep your head down sometimes, an important skill. Helps if you are a dodgy looking ****er I suppose. :lol:

Beatdisc? Was (and hopefully still is?) an institution.

Link to post
12 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Mate, what is planned or has already been approved for construction in Parramatta is beyond belief.

This is excluding what is already under construction, which is mind blowing. There's at least 5 towers above the 200 metre mark that are in the planning process or have been approved. For comparison, the tall Meriton Tower is 176 metres tall. Then, there are at least 10 more between 100 - 200 metres.

Then there is the Parramatta Light Rail to be started this year and the City Parramatta Metro railway via Olympic Park where planning is already underway. 

What we need is for the current state conservative govt to be returned in the State election in March. They have been astounding with their infrastructure policies and implementation. I've always been a Labor voter, but there is no way I'm voting for them or that dickhead Michael Daley this time. They are just anti EVERYTHING the current govt has planned. 

 

PS. I remember the Parramatta you talk about. It was such a dive. 

Just on a personal level, my daughter (who works in the city) gets a train each morning from East hills she can't get parking near the station so she walks about 20 minutes. She then has to stand for the 50 minute train trip mostly on a train without air-con, repeat on the way home. Won't mention at this stage the regular late trains and cancellations. And speaking of trains those who live in the macarthur area (pop about 350,000) to get to the city via Liverpool have to get off a city train at Glenfield and wait for another and have the privilege of standing all the way. Oh, and if one drives be prepared to work lots of overtime or get a 2nd job to pay for the huge amount of tolls one is going to have to pay in the future just to cross this city.

Now on education: my neighbour's daughters (primary school ) spends her day in a de-mountable non airconditioned class room  which is lovely on a 41 degree day in summer (open the windows and let in the hot summer breeze FFS).

Now for Power: In the past 3 months my residence and the surrounding area's has had 4 Electricity blackouts , yes 4 in 3 months, my local shop keeper say's " I came from a 3rd world country where blackouts occurred but not this many" and we are now paying excessive power prices for the privilege. Very glad Gladdys that you (or was it Mike) who sold our electricity to the private sector for a pittance.

So, with Public Transport, Education and Power how is your Liberal party travelling ? (I could go on about our Health system and hospital waiting times some other time maybe).  Not so well me thinks but then again some people get their rocks of with very tall (manhattan style) ugly structures.

A third world State? maybe not but were getting close when one measures important areas of Transport, education and power. Just my personal and families recent experiences under Gladdys. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Exactly. They’ve botched up everything else except Parramatta. And the Parra council themselves have been the ones showing ingenuity and forward thinking.

Even so, transport issues are gonna be interesting in the new Parra. Tens of thousands more people doesn’t make Parra easier to get in or out of. 

Liberals have already pretty much completed the North West Metro, close to completing the Chatswood to Bankstown metro and West Connex. They are already creating new underground stations in the Sydney CBD around Martin Place, Barangaroo etc. Widening of the M4 and M5. The West metro from Sydney CBD to Parramatta and Parramatta Light Rail will also begin shortly. Then there is the second airport. All the  roads they are widening around that area of Sydney. There are others which I could also mention. So more than just Parramatta. 

Yes they have botched a few like the light rail and Allianz Stadium. However I would prefer a government that persists with the projects they stuff up, and still build something in the end. Labor since the Olympics has had a habit of cancelling many projects, and they haven't changed much since then. That is because they bow down to any minority group who they think they would lose votes from. So nothing gets built. That is why the current government is now trying to play catch up with transport infrastructure.

I do agree there is a stench of corruption within the Libs, so I am not a huge fan of them, but they are currently doing more than Labor ever would. I do hope Labor gets their act together though, as I think a lot more people would vote for them if they showed they could follow through with things.

Edited by WestSyd
Link to post

I wouldn’t call Westconnex or the light rail anything like a success.

The way the light rail is going it’ll be complete in 2030 at a cost of 6 squillion dollars. People have cracks in their homes from Westconnex and no admission of guilt, with more issues to come.

I’m not saying they’ve totally stuffed everything, but the way they have pushed through those developments with dodgy plans and disrespect for the community is the same as Allianz and the new Festival legislation.

Agrred you’ve got to get stuff done, but you also shouldn’t be doing things like hiding important plans from those who win the bids (light rail) or rushing through dodgy plans with no consultation (festival, Allianz).

Link to post

Definitely don't think light rail is a success. But in the end something will come out of it, and maybe a lesson to be learnt. Also in 5 years when you are taking the light rail to Allianz to watch a derby, none of this politics will be on your mind. You will only know that you have this light rail which take you directly to a modern stadium. 

I agree you with you about getting the balance right between building what needs to be built, and being compassionate about peoples/community needs. Companies want to make profits after all. But I think we have a legal system which looks after those thing pretty well. The "genuine" complaints people make about WestConnex will be sorted out I'm sure. 

Remember, we would not have this amazing stadium in Parramatta if the pool people got their way. But they will get another pool built for them, and we will have a stadium with the steepest rake in the country, with safe standing. So hopefully everyone is happy in the end.

Link to post
55 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

Liberals have already pretty much completed the North West Metro, close to completing the Chatswood to Bankstown metro and West Connex. They are already creating new underground stations in the Sydney CBD around Martin Place, Barangaroo etc. Widening of the M4 and M5. The West metro from Sydney CBD to Parramatta and Parramatta Light Rail will also begin shortly. Then there is the second airport. All the  roads they are widening around that area of Sydney. There are others which I could also mention. So more than just Parramatta. 

Yes they have botched a few like the light rail and Allianz Stadium. However I would prefer a government that persists with the projects they stuff up, and still build something in the end. Labor since the Olympics has had a habit of cancelling many projects, and they haven't changed much since then. That is because they bow down to any minority group who they think they would lose votes from. So nothing gets built. That is why the current government is now trying to play catch up with transport infrastructure.

I do agree there is a stench of corruption within the Libs, so I am not a huge fan of them, but they are currently doing more than Labor ever would. I do hope Labor gets their act together though, as I think a lot more people would vote for them if they showed they could follow through with things.

The Western Sydney airport is going to be a white elephant.

The international airlines don’t want to move there. Also, there are going to be multiple tankers freighting avgas from Kurnell to the facility. The current situation is a pipeline from Kurnell to Mascot.

the issue over the Kingsford Smith is the southern corridor over Kurnell. If the government had bought or resumed the 600 or so houses there, the it could have been run as a 24 hour airport. The other problem is that they let light aircraft land their because of national party politicians. A change to aircraft movements could have freed up the eastern airport to more movements for larger aircraft.

you just watch the 24 hour Western Sydney Airport cause much grief with flight paths over Penrith and surrounding regions, St Clair and surrounding regions, Blacktown and surrounding regions as well as Harrington Park, Horton Park, Narrallen all to reduce flight paths over the  affluent northern suburbs of Sydney 

 

Link to post

I'm trying to be optimistic, but the Parra light rail route is a joke, looks to be going where the future rezonings will make the gov cronies even richer, rather than where the population needs it to go. 

I don't even want to think about the route of the Northwest metro as it triggers my nervous twitch, even before I picture the delays at Chatswood station when the Northwest shuttle service comes online. 😧

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Please guys, this thread is all about Parramatta Stadium love in, no politics :bad: please

:smurfpoint:

Ok. As all threads do this one has morphed

Stadium love yes but I do not want another Stuart Ayres video.

Link to post
On 01/03/2019 at 6:27 PM, Wanderboy said:

What we need is for the current state conservative govt to be returned in the State election in March. They have been astounding with their infrastructure policies and implementation. I've always been a Labor voter, but there is no way I'm voting for them or that dickhead Michael Daley this time. They are just anti EVERYTHING the current govt has planned.  

:shok:

Link to post
On 01/03/2019 at 6:27 PM, Wanderboy said:

Mate, what is planned or has already been approved for construction in Parramatta is beyond belief.

This is excluding what is already under construction, which is mind blowing. There's at least 5 towers above the 200 metre mark that are in the planning process or have been approved. For comparison, the tall Meriton Tower is 176 metres tall. Then, there are at least 10 more between 100 - 200 metres.

Then there is the Parramatta Light Rail to be started this year and the City Parramatta Metro railway via Olympic Park where planning is already underway. 

What we need is for the current state conservative govt to be returned in the State election in March. They have been astounding with their infrastructure policies and implementation. I've always been a Labor voter, but there is no way I'm voting for them or that dickhead Michael Daley this time. They are just anti EVERYTHING the current govt has planned. 

 

PS. I remember the Parramatta you talk about. It was such a dive. 

I'm really impressed with all the infrastructure projects they've done but also hate how easily they craved to Alan Jones on advertising on the Opera House.  I always voted labour (and probably will again) but they lack inspiration, they have few stuff i agree with like cutting the train ticket cost to the airport to $5 and building a  500mil cultural center in western sydney.

Libs have done well, no point in tribalism for the sack of it.

Edited by wengerboy
Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...