Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Still don't see how anyone is going to get 20 games out of non-Eels NRL teams.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

Penrith/Canterbury might want to play a few games here, but I don't think we need to worry about 30 odd NRL games tearing up the ground each year.

More concerned about to drop of 2 games a season for WSW. :sad:

Derbies?

Let's start planning our boycott of ANZ derbies now.

How can one like a post about 100 times......  sign me up.

If JT does this (agrees to BOTH derbies at ANZ  then he's f***ng sold us out.......

So much for home advantage.....  F*NNNNGN PR**CKS   (so angy) :xmad:  

How can one like a post about 100 times...... sign me up.

If JT does this (agrees to BOTH derbies at ANZ then he's f***ng sold us out.......

So much for home advantage..... F*NNNNGN PR**CKS (so angy) :xmad:

Then send an email to Tsatsimas.

If he gets 1000 emails he might take notice.

I just sent one on the number of home games as well as asking for a fan forum with free speech.

How can one like a post about 100 times...... sign me up.

If JT does this (agrees to BOTH derbies at ANZ then he's f***ng sold us out.......

So much for home advantage..... F*NNNNGN PR**CKS (so angy) :xmad:

Then send an email to Tsatsimas.

If he gets 1000 emails he might take notice.

I just sent one on the number of home games as well as asking for a fan forum with free speech.

As always it seems that the only time WSW or the FFA listen to us is when it hurts their hip pockets....

I know it sounds childish, but an organised boycott (attendance or purchasing of consumables) of next year's derby would send out a very clear message.

No $$$$ for merchants or stadium bars/food outlets would hurt them more than it would hurt us (fans).

As I've said before in previous posts, they already have our membership money, but won't get any kickbacks from SOP if no-one buys on the day.

Wake up people, if we don't protest what is the point of getting a new 30K seat stadium - we will hardly ever fill it unless we have S1/S2 type success.

I really didn't think they would do it, and I hope we're reading too much into that table, but really...how else can you interpret it???

You can sign me up for #NotoANZ if we're playing derbies there while we've got this sexy stadium up and running.

We will have home Derby next season and two the season after that.

ANZ is supposed to be redeveloped after the Western Sydney Derby is open.

It is supposed to open with a reduced capacity during the rebuild.

Don't forget the government is bribing the club to move as many games as possible to SOP.

Rather than plan a boycott while the rebuild at Parramatta is happening, a boycott could be planned if the new stadium is open and the derby/derbies are scheduled for ANZ.

Start the emails guys.

Reading the community consultant notes. One person complained about an "off leash dog area mixing with the general public" because one of the pictures included a random dog in it.  :woah:

As for the pool all the whinges about it received a generic "the pool issue was decided before the design". Ie go complain to the government or council.

Multiple groups including Parra Council & Heritage NSW had an input in regards to the Southern LED Screen. The document notes that it was removed as a result of this concern. As a result there is now only an LED screen on the northern RBB entrance.

Also apparently white steel isn't in keeping with heritage concerns, but grey is.

I'm barely halfway though it. Might need to go to bed soon.

The section about how far away places in the stadium were from exits was riveting.

looking at derby 1, this is important information for about half our members from the 75 minute mark

Still don't see how anyone is going to get 20 games out of non-Eels NRL teams.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

Penrith/Canterbury might want to play a few games here, but I don't think we need to worry about 30 odd NRL games tearing up the ground each year.

More concerned about to drop of 2 games a season for WSW. :sad:

Derbies?

To get the stadium dollars approved Baird required the different codes to sign up for a certain number of games at each venue.  Derbies my have been included in the ANZ allocation to make up footballs number there.

Was reading an article last night, that confirmed that the NRL committed to games in the upgraded stadium but it was up to the NRL to allocate the games.

This means the projected numbers are meaningless, might have a few more but assuming the majority of those projected games at ANZ.

---------------

I'm on page 33 and it refers to "GSWA". I assume it is contaminated materials buried and appears they are going to keep it buried? That right?

Was reading an article last night, that confirmed that the NRL committed to games in the upgraded stadium but it was up to the NRL to allocate the games.

This means the projected numbers are meaningless, might have a few more but assuming the majority of those projected games at ANZ.

---------------

I'm on page 33 and it refers to "GSWA". I assume it is contaminated materials buried and appears they are going to keep it buried? That right?

Can you give the actual statement.  Geological Survey of WA has developed a code but i don't know whether its use is universal or if that is what is being referred to.  I've been out of soils engineering since the early 80's.   :)

Edited by Flytox

Not sure if people are interested.

Max roof height is 42.5m

There are 4 levels.

L1 - Concourse

L2 - Club

L3 - Suite

L4 - Media

@Prydz

Correct. If you go to the Staging plans on page 35 to 49 you can see they are relocating GSWA (contaminated material) to the main concourse and it will be capped off (buried back into the ground).

@Prydz

Correct. If you go to the Staging plans on page 35 to 49 you can see they are relocating GSWA (contaminated material) to the main concourse and it will be capped off (buried back into the ground).

GSW = general solid waste. I'm not sure what the A is there for - I've never seen that. It might mean non-putrescible (rotting etc).

Also on another note from the docs, Lend Lease has applied to start piling before DA 'approval'. If this happens, it's a massive win in terms of timing. Having worked with them on other big projects, I have no doubt of their ability to deliver before the due date.

• mack locked this topic