Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I was looking around to see if there is a steeper stand rake than we have...perhaps the Bernabau 

2078321740_68db9f8806_z.jpg

From memory Italy allows a maximum rake of 41 degrees and there may be some other countries that permit that too.  The generally accepted maximum is 35.7 degrees.

Does anyone know how many times a year the Rah Rahs are going to be using the ground?

That could be a real worry as far as the playing surface is concerned.  Is it possible to take any steps to counteract their negative influence?

1 hour ago, papersun said:

Does anyone know how many times a year the Rah Rahs are going to be using the ground?

That could be a real worry as far as the playing surface is concerned.  Is it possible to take any steps to counteract their negative influence?

3 games in this current season (April 27, May 25, June 8)

Then they'll discuss what to do in future seasons at a later date

2 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

Mack, can you confirm from the stadium plans that you have, that the pitch dimensions at Bankwest stadium are 140m x 80m? 

I'll have a look this afternoon when I'm back home but I do remember it is full international size for football and rugby league but not union.

Quayle did reveal the Western Sydney Stadium was completed on time and on budget.

The contractor, Lend Lease, will, this week, hand the keys to the government’s building arm, Infrastructure NSW, who will pass them to Venues NSW, who, in turn, will deliver them to their final custodian, Venues Live.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/no-reason-to-delay-anz-stadium-redevelopment-any-longer-20190326-p517nl.html

I found an old discussion about Aleague pitch regulations on the ftbl forums.

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/736466/ALeaguePitchSizeRegulations

It states that the FFA prefer the standard 105m x 68m pitch but AFC regulations for ACL matches allow for pitches up to 110m x 74m in dimensions.

I hope the club pushes for approval of a larger non standard pitch size, which places the goals 2.5m closer to the fans at both ends. 

4 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

In case people didn't note it down before, or were unaware, our tickets to the open day include free public transport

Free transport is great, but a lot of the stations don't seem to get it, at night games I've always found the gates closed without any attendants, the only option being to jump the gates.  If the tickets could come with something you could use on the opal scanner.

34 minutes ago, wengerboy said:

Free transport is great, but a lot of the stations don't seem to get it, at night games I've always found the gates closed without any attendants, the only option being to jump the gates.  If the tickets could come with something you could use on the opal scanner.

Yep, exactly. I have that problem too. 

What's worse, is the ******* local McDonald's not knowing that I'm deserving of a free Big Mac on a Monday because we've had a win.

*Disclaimer* -  I've never tried it. I was told by some bloke last night after we'd won.

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Yep, exactly. I have that problem too. 

What's worse, is the ******* local McDonald's not knowing that I'm deserving of a free Big Mac on a Monday because we've had a win.

*Disclaimer* -  I've never tried it. I was told by some bloke last night after we'd won.

Ive tried it twice and no one had any idea, they just gave it to me anyway 

Apparently there was a **** up from the board, looks we signed a 4 year deal with Spotless and not 3 as was supposed we got the seasons mixed by with leagues, Spotless aren't releasing us from the contract and we will have to play another season at Spotless because Bankwest stadium won't let us sign on either:fool:   

April fools

Edited by wengerboy
7 minutes ago, wengerboy said:

Apparently there was a **** up from the board, looks we signed a 4 year deal with Spotless and not 3 as was supposed we got the seasons mixed by with leagues, Spotless aren't releasing us from the contract and we will have to play another season at Spotless because Bankwest stadium won't let us sign on either:fool:   

April fools

Don’t even joke about it 

21 minutes ago, wengerboy said:

April fools

Deserves a banning for this..........^^^^^^^^^^^

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

So..turns out they are going to play a version of AFL at the new stadium now..AFLX whatever the **** that is...

I am still waiting for that surprise reveal where they press a button and it turns as if by magic in to an oval.

That's what I said earlier.

They can gtfo

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

So..turns out they are going to play a version of AFL at the new stadium now..AFLX whatever the **** that is...

I am still waiting for that surprise reveal where they press a button and it turns as if by magic in to an oval.

AFLX is AFL's blatant attempt to take over rectangular fields in the Northern States and kill off football.

It also allows the f***w**s to have smaller teams instead of 18 v 18

• mack locked this topic