Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

5 hours ago, Chief said:

We sold out the opening NRL game with near a month to spare.  Let's see if the Wanderers can match that.

Parramatta Eels sell out casual tickets to opening game at Bankwest Stadium.  Becoming a ticketed Member is the only way to guarantee your seat at this historic opening game! 

So... you haven’t sold it out then. You’ve sold the casual tickets and are trying to sucker people into buying a membership by holding tickets back, even though the season’s started. Nice.

17 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

[IMG]

Glorious ins't it.....so many stories to come, hopefully silverware and no doubt some pain also..all to be written. It is the place fathers like me will take their kids, until they grow up and hopefully one day you will take the grandchildren. Looking forward to getting to know the place with the lad and get in to that match day routine again :)

5 hours ago, Chief said:

HEY DING BAT - WE SOLD OUT WITH A MONTH TO SPARE. LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOU GUYS

Parramatta Eels sell out.

4 hours ago, Chief said:

I.agree mack and i was only geeing up.

I am both.an.Eels fan and a Wanderers fan, 

I'm also an Eels fan and a Wanderers fan, but I don't feel the need to constantly post tripe against the Wanderers on this site just to big note the Eels.

You're just being a massive douche bag by doing so. You've been caught out on LU for being a dick as well and big noting. 

I'd suggest you quit while you're behind.

And.... when you highlight in caps  about "WE SOLD OUT WITH A MONTH TO SPARE, LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOU GUYS", I highly doubt you're a Wanderers fan at all.

So, in short, **** off.

Edited by Wanderboy
11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Glorious ins't it.....so many stories to come, hopefully silverware and no doubt some pain also..all to be written. It is the place fathers like me will take their kids, until they grow up and hopefully one day you will take the grandchildren. Looking forward to getting to know the place with the lad and get in to that match day routine again :)

Great post.

These are special moments in the short history of our club. I'll probably attend an NRL match there before a Wanderers game. So be it and people can take the piss if they like. 

I'm just so desperate to get the feel of the place, and try and experience the feeling of a match there, then x it by 10 for a derby or Victory game for example.

Edited by Wanderboy

People forgetting to point out that the Eels first game at WSS is vs Tigers. Its a Western Sydney derby which is always a big crowd. If it DIDN'T sell out it would be embarrassing.

Also I hope our first HAL game there isn't vs MV or SFC. Should be against CCM or Jets imo on a Saturday arvo/night. Promote NSW away fans. We want a chance to win the game and against SFC or MV, it's not gonna happen lol. 

34 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

My vote is for an opening match against the Newcastle Jets with a 7pm or 7:30pm kickoff on Saturday night.

Knowing the FFA they will most probably make it against one of either Perth-Victory-Smurfs. I'm ok with that.

If we want to be championship contenders then we have to be prepared to play well from game one and take on all and sundry wherever and whenever.

We have a decent manager, a new home ground to be proud of and if our recruitment is ok we should be ready to go from round one and not try and ease into the season.

Bring it on....lol

Edited by sonar
2 hours ago, mack said:

An off beat FFA idea would be having Western United play their first away game as our first new stadium home game in week two.

Games against MV and SFC are likely to get sold out anyway, a game vs WU is likely as interesting as a game vs Wellington, but as a first home game it will do much better.

That's a good idea as the game will be a sell out no matter who we play and it can make WU look more exciting and popular then they are.

Edited by wengerboy
4 minutes ago, ALBNIAACAB said:

who would bring more away supporters tho ccm or newy we should play against glory popa vs babbel.

But i like the idea of playing ccm or newy but cant see that happening it will be either against vuck or smurfs

I think CCM would bring a good few for first game at our gaff. Might also give them a boost and a bit of spotlight after the dreadful few seasons they have had.

1 hour ago, Nnnnnathan12 said:

My seat offer is in Bay 124 but it has a specific row and seat number, 

Will active seats but allocated by the bay like in previous years? Or are they making us stand in our specific seat?

shouldn't be, mine just said 125 safe standing, but i suppose until we get a detailed map of the seating arrangement of the stadium we won't know. I'd also say being that the same staff events management that run souless will also run wankbest so i expect them to be bay nazies and make sure people stay in their allocated bays

If you go into the MyWanderers account on the ticketek site you can go into invoices. You can see your seat in the upgrade area. Although this I think only applies when you are a "group leader".

https://www.wanderland.com.au/western-sydney-stadium/user-guides/accepting-your-seat-offer/

Each bay is a single bay, they don't mix and match upper and lower bowl, each row starts at #1 for the closest to the pitch.

6 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’d put the house on the first game at BWS being a derby. I can only imagine the erection the FFA must have at the prospect of an opening round derby 😂

Cant see the opening game being ESFC, that would 3 or 4 games in.

HAS to be CCM really. 

Wanderers reboot 2.0...

Edited by Smoggy
4 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’d put the house on the first game at BWS being a derby. I can only imagine the erection the FFA must have at the prospect of an opening round derby 😂

I can only imagine their insistence on putting derbies really early in the season thus wasting the opportunity to keep the league in the headlines after the opening few rounds, again.

3 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Which would be a complete ******* waste of our opening game there.

Mack is right. The derby will sell out anyway and we only get one next season. Victory will go close to selling out if we are travelling well.

The first game vs Team whoever will sell out no matter what, so wouldn't it be smart from the FFA to choose a team from anyone other than ESFC or Victory?

Yes it would, but as we all know, the FFA aren't that smart. Just watch them **** this up.

It's also the perfect opportunity to boost season attendances, not just for us, but the league as a whole.

I kind of don’t mind a derby first up tbh. Atmosphere would be even greater due to the excitement of a new stadium. 

Plus I’m going on holiday at the start of November so am hoping I don’t miss it lol

5 hours ago, Nnnnnathan12 said:

My seat offer is in Bay 124 but it has a specific row and seat number, 

Will active seats but allocated by the bay like in previous years? Or are they making us stand in our specific seat?

LOL. It will be normal RBB policy. Stand where you want. The only set spots will be capo and drums. 

Just now, Victory said:

I know it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things but it's sickening NRL and even the **** Waratahs get a game on Bankwest before the Wanderers get there in October.

Don't despair.............We will get to show them what REAL atmosphere is all about......you won't get a " who do we sing for " at those NRL/SR games.....lol

• mack locked this topic