mack

Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

Go jump Easts :acute:

Plus it’s the FFA running the final series, why sell 30k tickets when you can sell up to 80k at ANZ. Just like the “process” undertaken by the FFA for the new A-League licenses, it’s all driven by money.

The wheel turns, we've had a couple of seasons at olympic park now the Easts can have a couple, i'm sure they will be all be too happy to play there, so will the SCG mob i suspect.

The only finals day there's a game on is the 5th of May which is the first week of the finals I don't think Sydney FC will even be playing that weekend.

It'll be available for the semi-final games and grand final.

But no, **** no, go to Kogarah or ANZ or Spotless. That the FFA would even consider it is an indictment.

6 hours ago, mack said:

The only finals day there's a game on is the 5th of May which is the first week of the finals I don't think Sydney FC will even be playing that weekend.

It'll be available for the semi-final games and grand final.

But no, **** no, go to Kogarah or ANZ or Spotless. That the FFA would even consider it is an indictment.

Agreed, that anyone would even entertain the idea of ESFC playing at our new home before us is just ******* shyte.

To see our new home lit up in blue, and the first ever football game there being them....no, just no way. The very idea taints  the stadium.

Its like dating your mates ex, you know they have already been down there and you really dont want sloppy seconds. Thats how ESFC playing there first feels.

They don't represent the West, they're a team for all of East Sydney to be proud of.

Kogarah for them or they can end up in the Parra river like their stupid tifo.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

To see our new home lit up in blue, and the first ever football game there being them....no, just no way. The very idea taints  the stadium.

Its like dating your mates ex, you know they have already been down there and you really dont want sloppy seconds. Thats how ESFC playing there first feels.

To run with the analogy....

You are engaged to be married and even have the wedding date set, but then your Mrs' gives a sympathy root to a bloke that you hate because he has just gone through a rough break up.

Spurs have just finished building their brand new stadium that will be their home for the next 50+ years. Could you imagine if the FA decided to hold an Arsenal game there before Spurs got to play on it? They'd probably burn it down rather then let them have it first.

2 hours ago, Davo said:

Spurs have just finished building their brand new stadium that will be their home for the next 50+ years. Could you imagine if the FA decided to hold an Arsenal game there before Spurs got to play on it? They'd probably burn it down rather then let them have it first.

I am just waiting for the Bossi story backing ESFC using the new stadium first...we all know its coming.

Edited by Smoggy

2 hours ago, Davo said:

I agree. Unfortunately we don't own this stadium. Spurs own theirs. After the SCG debacle the FFA won't think twice about using Bankwest if it's available.

Like Rugby League, the suits don't care about home and away anymore. Just about every possible NRL team will use Bankwest and the fans of respective NRL teams (most of them) won't care either.

It's football with it's greater tribalism that thrives on the home and away dynamic. It just doesn't seem to be an mainstream Australian sporting thing. No way would Spurs let Arsenal use their stadium and there's no way one single Arsenal fan would want to either.

5 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Like Rugby League, the suits don't care about home and away anymore. Just about every possible NRL team will use Bankwest and the fans of respective NRL teams (most of them) won't care either.

Absolutely right, that's why at the end of the day, they'll go for ANZ Stadium over anywhere else. The more people they can get the better for their back pocket (oh I mean the FFA coffers !!)

Edited by BeefB
spelling correction

3 hours ago, Davo said:

I would be on the first plane to London with a carton of Redheads to help them burn it down.. 

What a stadium though! 

If ANZ is available I can't see the FFA even considering BWS - they will want to try and get as many people in attendance as possible via ANZ (even if it means they only get an extra 5k...) Keep in mind Victory only played a GF at AAMI park because Eithad wasn't available and the suits almost had a panic attack at the thought of people missing out lol

Plus can you imagine how much Sydney would love wanking on about how they're the (self appointed) biggest club in Australia, playing a GF out of 80k ANZ. Get me a bucket :bad:

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

If ANZ is available I can't see the FFA even considering BWS - they will want to try and get as many people in attendance as possible via ANZ (even if it means they only get an extra 5k...) Keep in mind Victory only played a GF at AAMI park because Eithad wasn't available and the suits almost had a panic attack at the thought of people missing out lol

Plus can you imagine how much Sydney would love wanking on about how they're the (self appointed) biggest club in Australia, playing a GF out of 80k ANZ. Get me a bucket :bad:

If Perth get through to the GF then there's no argument with all Sydney stadiums not required.

Don't all of the top 4 get a home final at some point? If the SCG is out then they're going to need somewhere.

Nah.....the FFA will still dream about getting 60,000 people.....they will want a big stadium....

Same reason they played against MV at the SCG even though they had 14,000

Stadium availability 

Finals Week 1 Fri 3 May to Sun 5 May (If Sydney finish 3rd or 4th)

ANZ: Friday, Saturday, Sunday available - Souths vs Broncos on Thursday 

SCG: Friday and Sunday available - Roosters vs Tigers on Saturday 

Bankwest: Friday and Saturday available - Eels vs Dragons on Sunday

Finals Week 2 Friday 10 May to Sun 12 May (If Sydney FC finish 1st or 2nd)

ANZ: Friday, Saturday,  Sunday available - all NRL teams in Brisbane that weekend 

SCG: Saturday  and Sunday available - Swans vs Essendon on Friday

Bankwest: Friday, Saturday,  Sunday available - all NRL teams in Brisbane that weekend 

Finals Week 3 Fri 17 May to Sun 19 May (If Sydney FC host the Grand Final)

ANZ: Friday, Saturday, Sunday available - no NRL games there that week

SCG: Friday, Saturday,  Sunday available - Swans, Roosters and Waratahs playing away

Bankwest: Friday, Saturday,  Sunday available - no NRL games there that week

Just watched the Spurs stadium link above, very impressive, and some of that high work on the steel, getting the freezing of the toes just watching the video.

1 hour ago, WSWJACK said:

Just watched the Spurs stadium link above, very impressive, and some of that high work on the steel, getting the freezing of the toes just watching the video.

I was also impressed with the use of something from the material remnants of the old stadium in the making of the floor of the new stadium, plus the marker for the location of the old centre spot, and the detailed approach to making the new logo statue. History and tradition remembered and not discarded.

They are using artificial lighting rigs to assist the growing of the turf, either side of the goalposts, in the above picture.

I think differently to most about smurfs at the stadium. Not because I want the A-League to have the best spectacle possible, which is the main reason stated by people who think the smurfs should play at PARRAMATTA, but because I won’t be attending their games so I couldn’t care less where they are played. They could play their finals on the moon and I wouldn’t be interested, except to hope they lose. (Ok, maybe on the moon I’d be interested, but that’d be more about playing in minimal gravity than the game itself...)

Second, it’s our own fault. Whingeing about a team playing at our ground when we could have had a final there if we were good enough, just comes over as lame. We knew when the stadium was due to be completed, we should have been thinking that our first game would be a final, not thinking about some lame excuse for a game against Leeds. If Popa was still here, you can bet he’d have been pushing this club forward in an attempt to hold a GF there this year. We’ve lost our way, and if seeing the smurfs on our ground doesn’t light a fire, nothing will.

Also, no matter who plays there, IF our club stops bending over for the FFA, AND deals with security properly, AND we get the proper RBB back, AND the team is half decent, we’re gonna rock it like no other. But there are many things to fix for us to get back to where we want to be, in terms of team and atmosphere.

tldr: who cares where smurfs play, we should fix our own stuff before worrying about them.

On 09/04/2019 at 9:28 AM, Davo said:

Then again, Inter and Milan share a stadium permanently. So do Santa Fe and Millonarios in Bogota, and they HATE each other to the point where there are deaths sometimes. They’re all different situations.

I think people are overreacting - saying FFA don’t care about home grounds. I hate the FFA, but I think the preferred venue was always SCG, so this is a unique situation. People whinge if the a-league is played on poor surfaces, and yet don’t want smurfs to play on the newest surface there is.

For the record, i’d prefer them to play at Kogarah or ANZ, but whatevs.

I think a few years in many wouldnt care if ESFC play a home game at our place, its going to happen for whatever reason at some point between now and when the SFS is completed.

It feels different now though as this is a brand new stadium that we have waded through 3 years of shyte for. No it isn't our stadium in the sense we dont own it, but it is our spiritual home, and that means just as much.

If ESFC played a game there between now and mid May you can bet your life the fans and club would plug as a grand football return / opening, stadium lights turned blue and prob fireworks lol...

I am not over sensitive to ESFC  playing there, and yes we had it in our own hands to play a finals game there, but first ever football game at the new stadium is s step too far for me.

Edited by Smoggy

Yeah i get it. I’d prefer it not to happen, but what can you do, we don’t own it.

We didn’t play the first game at Parra stadium, but we made it our own. In a few years (months if we rebound well) it’ll be clearly ours and these few months won’t matter.

The Eels won their first game at Parra Stadium 36-6, and swept all before them that year, but everyone still calls them losers. Perennial success is more important.

Game Day at Parra is way better than any day at SOP..........:woah:

Tbh the ground ( WSS ) is going to take a beating during the winter with rugby but come summer it will be all ours. :wanderturtle:

Can't wait to get a good look on Sunsay.....lol

Edited by sonar

2 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah i get it. I’d prefer it not to happen, but what can you do, we don’t own it.

The root of the problem we do not own the stadium. ESFC do not own a stadium which is why we are having this discussion after the debacle of the SCG. Need to accept we have not been good enough on field which allows ESFC this option and the big problem of the clubs not owning any stadiums so we are always in this dogfight for the grounds condition.

ESFC playing at parra is everything wrong with the AL, how can teams build tradition, history, passion when a club that lobbied, sat in working groups about stadium design etc cant even be the first team to kick a ball in the stadium (and giving a rival that opportunity). Im pretty sure IF sfc host a GF ANZ will be the ground it will be played in. 

There’s going to be so many teams playing at BWS, it won’t feel like anyone’s home ground outside of a game day. So if Sydney play there then so be it - I don’t see it any differently to the Eels, Tigers, Tahs and anyone else who will play there, using it.