Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

On 17/02/2018 at 6:23 PM, mack said:

The SFS looks like it's being planned to close around August/September this year after the NRL season ends. Presumably knocked down before the end of the year.

This makes me so mad. Just getting the least needed job done before the election or before they spend all their money, so that if the project hits a wall ANZ gets left as is.

There is no reason to knock down SFS before Parra is finished. Then you’ve got an 83k oval stadium and nothing except the suburban grounds.

1 hour ago, mack said:

image_1218.jpg.600a6d663d14cd18653bc081f7cf450f.jpg

That's a bigger version of what's in the youtube video. The next step would be building the training facility and I assume club offices. I imagine it's accurate since all you're really doing is building football pitches and a couple of buildings.

Why not girls as well?

From what I've heard in my grassroota association, the biggest increase in registrations are girls.

On 19/02/2018 at 5:30 PM, mack said:

image_1218.jpg.600a6d663d14cd18653bc081f7cf450f.jpg

That's a bigger version of what's in the youtube video. The next step would be building the training facility and I assume club offices. I imagine it's accurate since all you're really doing is building football pitches and a couple of buildings.

Someone has gone all tree happy putting them all around the pitches and a bit close to the action.

Shock horror. The SFS rebuild is going to cost far more than intended, and Ayres wants to cancel the ANZ rebuild if he has to choose one.

Sydney stadiums rebuild facing cost blowout
The $2 billion cost of knocking down and rebuilding Sydney’s two main football stadiums has blown out — potentially by hundreds of millions of dollars — after assessments by the government’s Infrastructure NSW. 

The Australian can reveal that the business cases for the knockdown and reconstructions are set to balloon from Premier Gladys Berejiklian’s November promise of a $705 million cost put on the Sydney Football Stadium (Allianz) rebuild and a $1.25bn estimate to rebuild ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park.

After running the ruler over the numbers announced by the Premier and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres in November at the big ­announcement that she would rebuild both stadiums, the head of the government agency overseeing the projects, Infrastructure NSW boss Jim Betts, has found the ­numbers were underestimated, The Australian has been told. Business case summaries are expected to go through state cabinet and be ­released in about a month.

A spokeswoman for Infrastructure NSW would only say of the blowouts: “Infrastructure NSW is co-ordinating the production of business cases for the Sydney Football Stadium and Stadium Australia redevelopments. Once completed, the business cases will be presented to the ­government.”

One minister said the issue of the stadiums — and whether there should be movement on them — would be a clear focus for Ms Berejiklian during her trip to the US this week for the National Governors Association convention. The issue was “fluid”, the minister said.

Speculation within the government suggests the ANZ ­rebuild — strongly supported by the National Rugby League — could be the project to suffer in any backdown because Mr Ayres is strongly wedded to the reconstruction of Allianz Stadium. That project is supported by the influential Sydney Cricket Ground Trust — which has power­ful broadcaster Alan Jones on its board — amid warnings from Mr Ayres and the trust that the ­current stadium is in disrepair.

Incredible, who would have guessed?

All along Ayres has been pushing for Allianz, even when it got shut down by Baird. The business case was null & void when NRL clubs refused to move there games there plus the backing of FFA for big matches.

Shock horror that (1) the estimates for Allianz were underestimated (SCG trust doing I’m sure) (2) Despite the support for ANZ & it benefiting a wider audience, Allianz is still his preference.

10 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Incredible, who would have guessed?

All along Ayres has been pushing for Allianz, even when it got shut down by Baird. The business case was null & void when NRL clubs refused to move there games there plus the backing of FFA for big matches.

Shock horror that (1) the estimates for Allianz were underestimated (SCG trust doing I’m sure) (2) Despite the support for ANZ & it benefiting a wider audience, Allianz is still his preference.

Ayres wants to be NSW Premier and so is following the Alan Jones agenda.

The Australian revealed last month that if the benefit-cost ratio of the stadiums project was found to be less than one — meaning cost outweighed benefit — under the government’s rules it could not fulfil its promise to use the proceeds from the $2.6bn sale of the Land and Property Information Service to pay for them.

Cabinet was told last year the benefit-cost ratio was 0.8.

10 hours ago, mack said:

Shock horror. The SFS rebuild is going to cost far more than intended, and Ayres wants to cancel the ANZ rebuild if he has to choose one.

46 minutes ago, Johnno said:

The Australian revealed last month that if the benefit-cost ratio of the stadiums project was found to be less than one — meaning cost outweighed benefit — under the government’s rules it could not fulfil its promise to use the proceeds from the $2.6bn sale of the Land and Property Information Service to pay for them.

Cabinet was told last year the benefit-cost ratio was 0.8.

Only benefit is to Ayres desire to become NSW Premier on the back of support by the Parrot (Alan Jones)

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Only benefit is to Ayres desire to become NSW Premier on the back of support by the Parrot (Alan Jones)

Now we have Ray Hadley belting into the blue mountains council, getting the minister to attempt to put in an administrator, based on proven Hadley lies,

This is costing ratepayers heaps in legals and Ayres wont dare to stand up to him (considering the lower mountains are in Ayres' electorate), for fear of getting the Sydney Establishment off side. (Parrot et al)

6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Tbh mate, I think that is just govt propaganda. They have said knock down 2018, and completion 2019, when ANZ will then be demolished. 

We all know that that is just not possible.

Just read the story in the SMH where the Smurf Townsend said 2 years amongst other BS. 

Edited by Paul01
Correction
2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just read the story in the SMH where the Smurf Townsend said 2 years amongst other BS. 

Yeh. It will be 2 years minimum. A much bigger stadium to demolish and rebuild. It won't be the meccano set that us poor westies are getting. It'll be the real deal thanks to Jones and his elite mates on the SCG trust.

BTW, you're busy atm on here AND 442. :)

9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yeh. It will be 2 years minimum. A much bigger stadium to demolish and rebuild. It won't be the meccano set that us poor westies are getting. It'll be the real deal thanks to Jones and his elite mates on the SCG trust.

BTW, you're busy atm on here AND 442. :)

Those fw's will be nomads for 4 years.

442 is interesting in that you get everyone else making comments that are not WSW. Hve to put those Smurfs in their place!

Edited by Paul01
Added info
6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I can't see how it's going to be anything but a minimum of 3 seasons out of the stadium for SFC.

Assuming a "demolition" date of January 1 2019 (to make it simple, the stadium will likely come down I think in November or December) adding two years makes it January 1 2021 which is still halfway through their 3rd season out of the stadium and would be a ridiculously quick construction period.

18/19 - October to May - SFS will be knocked down at some point early into the season, and they already have basically confirmed they won't be playing at the SFS. 5 months since demolition when the season finishes.

19/20 - October to May - 17 months from demolition at the end of the season.

20/21 - October to May - 29 months - 2 years 5 months at the end of the season.

If it takes 2 and a half years the NRL will likely start playing games there around June & July.

I think with a stadium this big and presumably complex that it will actually take upwards of 3 years to open so it'll be January 2022 so SFC will miss out on 3 and a half seasons or perhaps even four.

3 minutes ago, mack said:

I can't see how it's going to be anything but a minimum of 3 seasons out of the stadium for SFC.

Assuming a "demolition" date of January 1 2019 (to make it simple, the stadium will likely come down I think in November or December) adding two years makes it January 1 2021 which is still halfway through their 3rd season out of the stadium and would be a ridiculously quick construction period.

18/19 - October to May - SFS will be knocked down at some point early into the season, and they already have basically confirmed they won't be playing at the SFS. 5 months since demolition when the season finishes.

19/20 - October to May - 17 months from demolition at the end of the season.

20/21 - October to May - 29 months - 2 years 5 months at the end of the season.

If it takes 2 and a half years the NRL will likely start playing games there around June & July.

I think with a stadium this big and presumably complex that it will actually take upwards of 3 years to open so it'll be January 2022 so SFC will miss out on 3 and a half seasons or perhaps even four.

And while all that's happening we'll be back in our shiny new stadium consolidating our place as the biggest club in the city.

18 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

They can go to Concord Oval

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic