Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

Appreciate the difficulties faced in the site but I very much doubt it’s impossible to reduce the cost of the build

(1) Replicate mechano block design of Parramatta stadium (2) Reduce capacity (3) Architects given $300m budget for Parra, SFS given $7-900m budget, cut the budget in half & design it based on reduced budget

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

18 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Appreciate the difficulties faced in the site but I very much doubt it’s impossible to reduce the cost of the build

(1) Replicate mechano block design of Parramatta stadium (2) Reduce capacity (3) Architects given $300m budget for Parra, SFS given $7-900m budget, cut the budget in half & design it based on reduced budget

Agree about reduce the capacity........The average crowds for the Roosters / ESFC / Waratahs..........do not warrant a 40K stadium..

ESFC got just over 5k for an ACL match. The Roosters memberships are 12k+ and falling.....they are ranked 13th. The Waratahs averaged 14K+ and Syd FC averaged 15K

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

16 hours ago, Flytox said:

In normal circumstances the Government wouldn't own the design of WSS so they wouldn't have the right to copy and paste it.

I mean they would go to Populous etc and ask them to product a design that puts the WSS into the site at Moore Park, not that the Government would just bypass the normal contractual side of things and just build a copy. Even with the SFS site (is it really that much smaller than the WSS site which has a river running alongside it?) I can't imagine that the costs of doing a WSS in Moore Park would be so significantly higher.

It's probably a moot point anyway I can't see the NRL agreeing to only have 3k corporate capacity.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

The point I was making was that the cost of design by modifying the WSS stadium design for the SFS site would be no cheaper than designing a new stadium of that size from scratch.

As far as construction costs for a 30k stadium at the SFS site it will be significantly higher than WSS because of the limited site available, the marine sand foundation material underlain by water charged Botany sands for the majority of the site and the possibility of encountering a rock outcrop of the northern end of the site, the cross slope on the site, the demolition and replacement of the row of buildings on the west and north west of the site to fit new concourses in etc.

For those who keep pushing modifying the existing stadium it was costed at around the same as a new 45k stadium but with a remaining design life of 30 years instead of 50 years.  It also required reducing capacity by 4k to accommodate new access and egress requirements.

1 hour ago, mack said:

I mean they would go to Populous etc and ask them to product a design that puts the WSS into the site at Moore Park, not that the Government would just bypass the normal contractual side of things and just build a copy. Even with the SFS site (is it really that much smaller than the WSS site which has a river running alongside it?) I can't imagine that the costs of doing a WSS in Moore Park would be so significantly higher.

It's probably a moot point anyway I can't see the NRL agreeing to only have 3k corporate capacity.

The extra cost for corporate capacity is in the back of house facilities in fact the back of house facilities for the whole stadium is where there difference in cost is between a "cheap" design and more costly designs.

24 minutes ago, Flytox said:

The point I was making was that the cost of design by modifying the WSS stadium design for the SFS site would be no cheaper than designing a new stadium of that size from scratch.

As far as construction costs for a 30k stadium at the SFS site it will be significantly higher than WSS because of the limited site available, the marine sand foundation material underlain by water charged Botany sands for the majority of the site and the possibility of encountering a rock outcrop of the northern end of the site, the cross slope on the site, the demolition and replacement of the row of buildings on the west and north west of the site to fit new concourses in etc.

For those who keep pushing modifying the existing stadium it was costed at around the same as a new 45k stadium but with a remaining design life of 30 years instead of 50 years.  It also required reducing capacity by 4k to accommodate new access and egress requirements.

Wise counsel as ever Flytox....but stop trying to ruin our fun - this is the Eastern suburbs and the SCG Trust we're talking about here! Any excuse to run a lance through that mob led by Tony Shepherd, especially given the way Alan Jones eg al have cited Hillsborough and tried to hide behind a smokescreen of "safety" issues, rusty supporting beams and flammable seats is always gleefully received!😜

7 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

Wise counsel as ever Flytox....but stop trying to ruin our fun - this is the Eastern suburbs and the SCG Trust we're talking about here! Any excuse to run a lance through that mob led by Tony Shepherd, especially given the way Alan Jones eg al have cited Hillsborough and tried to hide behind a smokescreen of "safety" issues, rusty supporting beams and flammable seats is always gleefully received!😜

I like seeing them squirm too but I especially like seeing them having a good point to make but making an absolute hash of it because they don't understand what they are talking about. :)

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Agree about reduce the capacity........The average crowds for the Roosters / ESFC / Waratahs..........do not warrant a 40K stadium..

ESFC got just over 5k for an ACL match. The Roosters memberships are 12k+ and falling.....they are ranked 13th. The Waratahs averaged 14K+ and Syd FC averaged 15K

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

They got just over 4k for their last match and the lowest crowd in ACL history

A Sydney fan I know reckoned there was no more than 1000 there.

2 hours ago, Flytox said:

Fair enough, I was more thinking you were referring to cost of stadium drastically reducing rather than design.

3 hours ago, Potkorok said:

I didn't know whether to laugh or like your post. I chose like, because it is true.

BTW, Gladys is tearing that f-wit Daley a new one on the 7.30 Report atm. 

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Well he didn't call them liars. He said their conclusions are wrong. I agree with him, the trust wouldn't be able to pay back such a loan. Good on him.

5 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Well he didn't call them liars. He said their conclusions are wrong. I agree with him, the trust wouldn't be able to pay back such a loan. Good on him.

Yeah, lets trust Ayres and his assessment of the SCG Trust.

After all, they're the same mob that claim that the SFS was a death trap what with its combustible seating & its Hillsborough-like threat to safety.

Which was sooooo important whilst they spent over $20 million on new corporate facilities and a huge fooking Jumbotron. Oh & those flammable seats? Now heading out to parts regional for bush venues apparently.

If the smurfs, Alan Jones, Roosters, Tony Shepherd etc want a new home let them take out a loan, or float the cost of the venue through a membership drive (as per what happened with ANZ when it was first built).

20 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

My worst memory of it is in the RBB section the smell of cheese from the food outlet that was overly overpowering. Way to enclosed. And then leaving how crowded it was to get out because there is only one gate to get through to parking.

8 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

My worst memory of it is in the RBB section the smell of cheese from the food outlet that was overly overpowering. Way to enclosed. And then leaving how crowded it was to get out because there is only one gate to get through to parking.

My worst memory is getting beat there 

Daley to build stadium after all - Paywall article, cut out extraneous crap.

NSW Labor leader Michael Daley is hoping he can use the shell of Sydney’s Allianz ­Stadium to undertake a refurbishment rather than a rebuild­ if elected on Saturday week.

But if the controversial ­demolition of the stadium goes too far for a refurbishment before March 23, the Opposition Leader says he will build a cheaper venue than the $730 million one promised by the government, setting the scene for a potential reduction in the capacity of the stadium from 45,000 to 30,000.

With the demolition of ­Allianz appearing to scale up yesterday, Mr Daley said: “If they knock it down, I’m not going to turn it into a rose garden. I’m hoping we can keep the shell and do a refurbishment. That’s the hope.”

But if it were too late, he said: “I will build the stadium but it won’t be the $730m lavish monument, the cost of which has never been explained. It will be something more in keeping with (the new) Parramatta stadium.

“They need to explain what’s the difference between a $729m Allianz and a $360m Parramatta (stadium), when the difference in capacity is not huge.”

The government has put the price of a refurbishment of ­Allianz at $351m.

Would have a laugh if they ended up with a smaller stadium than ours. It'll probably be fine for SFC in the end. ANZ will probably stay as a garbage fire though.

32 minutes ago, mack said:

Daley to build stadium after all

It was always going to be something. Initially, a refurb. Once the court challenge failed, the government has tried to do as much demolition before the election as possible. The opposition have had to change tact cause there options have been limited.

The questions asked & decision making on the future of the stadium seem more than reasonable. I can’t say much about the rest of his political campaign but he has got this spot on.

What seriously shits me the most about this stadium issue is that it's not about "what is best for NSW', it's about politics and getting elected.

Daley is a ****wit. Pure and simple. He's also a dope, and not someone I would like running this state because he has already proven that he is too easily influenced. By the likes of Peter Fitzsimmons ffs. And that is just the stadium issue.

The Labor party's transport policies are ******* laughable and will destroy what progress is being made in this city. That is...….if they even have a transport policy. I seriously dislike the underhanded attitude of politicians. 

10 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I seriously dislike the underhanded attitude of politicians. 

It’s why I hate politics, always underhanded & goings on behind the scenes that is just the nature of it, it’s a dirty game. If only it was about doing what was best for the people or state, rarely is...

31 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

What seriously shits me the most about this stadium issue is that it's not about "what is best for NSW', it's about politics and getting elected.

Daley is a ****wit. Pure and simple. He's also a dope, and not someone I would like running this state because he has already proven that he is too easily influenced. By the likes of Peter Fitzsimmons ffs. And that is just the stadium issue.

The Labor party's transport policies are ******* laughable and will destroy what progress is being made in this city. That is...….if they even have a transport policy. I seriously dislike the underhanded attitude of politicians. 

Whilst Gladys and friends created the ****ed situation by being influenced by Jones. Most Politicians are ****ed but the party who supports workers and the environment is getting my vote this election. 

4 minutes ago, StillWandering said:

Whilst Gladys and friends created the ****ed situation by being influenced by Jones. Most Politicians are ****ed but the party who supports workers and the environment is getting my vote this election. 

So, informal then!

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

So, informal then!

MGtjqay.jpg

No wonder Sydney is such a dysfunctional city lacking so much crucial public infrastructure. Literally every project that gets proposed is scrutinised to within an inch of its life and we allow the smallest minority groups to dictate terms and progress. 

You cannot tell me that any other first world city experiences this level of bullshit when it comes to building public infrastructure. The thought process that a stadium can’t be built simultaneously to schools and hospitals receiving funding is so narrow minded it’s embarrassing.  

Having said that, there’s very few first world countries that have this kind of government monopoly over stadia in the first place... 

6 hours ago, hughsey said:

No wonder Sydney is such a dysfunctional city lacking so much crucial public infrastructure. Literally every project that gets proposed is scrutinised to within an inch of its life and we allow the smallest minority groups to dictate terms and progress. 

You cannot tell me that any other first world city experiences this level of bullshit when it comes to building public infrastructure. The thought process that a stadium can’t be built simultaneously to schools and hospitals receiving funding is so narrow minded it’s embarrassing.  

Having said that, there’s very few first world countries that have this kind of government monopoly over stadia in the first place... 

On the govt monopoly, it is so true. 

We are always last on the pecking order because of many factors. And one of the most critical is the lack of engagement by FFA and state federations in influencing the bodies running the stadiums to get the best deal for football. How many times have we seen an opposition code given a game one or 2 days before our games so we get a crap pitch especially during finals.

So ANZ has a NRL match on 29th March followed by our game against Heartles$$ on the next night:xmad:

Posted (edited)

From the SMH.........If true this is gobsmacking idiocy.............a secret SGT Trust reports that the SFS could have been upgraded for $18M....

Allianz Stadium could have been upgraded to meet all safety standards for as little as $18 million, a secret report for the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust reveals.

https://outline.com/RMb7TF

I hope the link works.......lol

Edited by sonar

8 minutes ago, sonar said:

From the SMH.........If true this is gobsmacking idiocy.............a secret SGT Trust reports that the SFS could have been upgraded for $18M....

Allianz Stadium could have been upgraded to meet all safety standards for as little as $18 million, a secret report for the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust reveals.

https://outline.com/RMb7TF

I hope the link works.......lol

It works!  :good: