Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

14 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Politics huh? <_<

Someone on another site suggested that we need to **** off Tony Shephard and get Peter Vlandy's on that board. 

That would certainly work, because he hates AFL and Victoria. :)

6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Someone on another site suggested that we need to **** off Tony Shephard and get Peter Vlandy's on that board. 

Just put Vlandy's on board would be enough. It would be like a volcano ready to erupt.

7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Tony Shepard is an AFL flog.

SCG Trust get their new shiny stadium, ANZ will still be oval(ish), and the Trust are in charge of everything. Great.

V'landys is probably the only thing standing in the way of the oval grounds brigade at this stage, so we should be in bed with the NRL. Said this from the start - it's an oval v rectangle battle and football and NRL should be teaming up.

How Alan Jones continues to have any sort of pull is beyond me.

On 01/06/2020 at 8:40 PM, Prydzopolis said:

So....

The NSW is in real trouble, we better use the 800m from the ANZ upgrade to help our bottom line. Fair enough, shelve the upgrade for a few years 

In its place, NRL wants to create 4 new suburban stadiums for 800m?

I understand that NRL are threatening to take away the grand final but this makes no sense to me?

On 01/06/2020 at 8:52 PM, sonar said:

It's just the NRL thinking their gonads are big enough to threaten the govt. If  it was me I'd be saying to the NRL...nyet....go take the GF elsewhere. I've got an economy to rebuild and services like education and health to fund. 

Peter V'Landys has the Gladys and state Government by the balls, whatever he wants, he gets. Just like how he runs Racing NSW

13 hours ago, btron3000 said:

SCG Trust get their new shiny stadium, ANZ will still be oval(ish), and the Trust are in charge of everything. Great.

V'landys is probably the only thing standing in the way of the oval grounds brigade at this stage, so we should be in bed with the NRL. Said this from the start - it's an oval v rectangle battle and football and NRL should be teaming up.

How Alan Jones continues to have any sort of pull is beyond me.

V'Landys is in bed with Alan Jones, Jones when he was on Radio had too much say that influenced the State Governments decisions. But I personally think Tony Shepard should go as I think he will start causing problems he is going to run every stadium in the state.

The great Australian stadium monopoly rolls on. Maybe one day we will get it right...