WSW Member Forum - End of Season 16/17

Dear WSW,

I just wanted to see whether the club would be holding a member forum for this season?

Is it possible that it could be held towards the end of the season as much as schedule allows?

Can members ask questions to a representative of the Football side as opposed to management side?

Cheers,

Prydz

i would have thought the end of the season would be the perfect time to have an end of season forum. :unknw:

This was in regards to making sure that the club don't schedule it for round 24 or 25 as opposed to after the season has finished. The emphasis was required.

Whoever the club sends as their representative should pack their flak jacket.

We as members, have not been happy with a number of aspects of the club. I agree many tough questions need to be asked.

Looking forward to the rhetoric from JT and stupid questions from the audience like "why don't we sign Whatshisnameovic from NPL Club 2"

Or 'i was told that we didnt sign xxxxxic coz he was (insert country here).'
Unfortunately we all have a voice, but are you surprised? If you look at Twitter & Facebook, with the amount of crap posted on that page then it shouldn't be new to you. They are as much as a member as you or I but they get to ask a question even if it ends up being useless.

Take Mitch being rested this week or Popa bringing Nico off the bench last week. The amount of uninformed bullshit that came out was just insane and if they apply that same logic to other areas of the club, it can be a disaster.

For example Old MacDonald. Question: Why are the owners refusing to put money on the table to sign players. Club didn't pay Motherwell. JT: 5 minute explanation of info that is out there if people could be bothered to look.

The questions asked can't be vetted & plenty of unecesary questions get answered but they have as much right to get there question to be asked as you or I

10 posts, none positive.

Lock Thread

Everyone taking the piss but:

1. Season isn't over

2. Popa thinks we can win the GF and we need to back him + players

3. Once the season is over, we can judge Popa and ask the relevant questions at the members forum

At the risk of upsetting people The owners can do what they want l, they bought the club and run it - end of season forums do nothing

Seriously I don't know why people waste their time

Yes I understand people are passionaite and think the club take their feedback

It's all just for show

For example How long have people complained about memebership packs? Every **** season!

What have they done for you, nothing if anything it was worse then ever!

I'm uneducated in these past end of season forums but have heard enough complaining about it on here so am basing thoughts on that

Membership Packs: The cause for the issue was related to the supplier not delivering on agreed upon deadlines. Whether we get to a stage where they actually rectify the situation is another matter.

This was after highlighting the issue after last season, moving all agreed upon timelines back to ensure no issues & issues still occurred. Credit to rage club, they took it on the chin & could have easily passed it on.

-----------------------------------------------------

I understand people are passionate and think the club take their feedback. It's all for show

I disagree, I genuinely believe that the club do all in there power to fix issues. Take membership packs. They allocate x money towards packs, find a supplier that matches funds available & proceeds from there. People unhappy with membership packs, they look to improve on what the fans were unhappy with from the previous season. They tried and failed, but it is something.

Move to SOP. The fans survey might have been just for show, it wouldn't have been the deciding factor & it might not have had the swaying power in a decision but I feel it was a consideration taken when making the decision.

At the end of the day, the club wants to grow. They grow by happy members turning up week in week out to support the team. It is the membership department's role to facilitate this & taking on board grievances then acting on it is an important job to grow the membership base and in turn club.

PLAYERS SHOW NO RESPECT FOR THE CREST

lol, that crest that's, what - like 5 years old?

As long as it is a genuine grievance. What did they do to show disrespect? Wear an jersey around of your biggest rival, yeh that would count.

Looking forward to the rhetoric from JT and stupid questions from the audience like "why don't we sign Whatshisnameovic from NPL Club 2"

at the last one we had some idiot angry that we didnt sign cahill

Just quietly....Cahill would have been a perfect signing for us this year. Despite my feelings towards him.

Just quietly....Cahill would have been a perfect signing for us this year. Despite my feelings towards him.
The player = :good:

The ego + circus = Thanks but no thanks

Yes

But we still wouldn't score from corners, even Cahill couldnt score from the crap corners we take (hard to do much when the corner doesn't clear the first defender)

in retrospect i agree :P for me its more about people thinking its alright to just demand a player like he did but he wasnt wrong

Instead of Nichols & co slowly passing it around the edges of the penalty box we could have Neville smashing in crosses from 35 yards out to try for a miracle Cahill header.

A Neville cross, that would be a miracle header. At parra stadium I had a better chance of getting on the end of a Neville cross as I was sitting in bay 67

Edited by StringerBellend

Instead of Nichols & co slowly passing it around the edges of the penalty box we could have Neville smashing in crosses from 35 yards out to try for a miracle Cahill header.

A Neville cross, that would be a miracle header. At parra stadium I had a better chance of getting on the end of a Neville cross as I was sitting in bay 67

Yeah, just make an effort next time - ok?

Membership Packs: The cause for the issue was related to the supplier not delivering on agreed upon deadlines. Whether we get to a stage where they actually rectify the situation is another matter.

This was after highlighting the issue after last season, moving all agreed upon timelines back to ensure no issues & issues still occurred. Credit to rage club, they took it on the chin & could have easily passed it on.

-----------------------------------------------------

I understand people are passionate and think the club take their feedback. It's all for show

I disagree, I genuinely believe that the club do all in there power to fix issues. Take membership packs. They allocate x money towards packs, find a supplier that matches funds available & proceeds from there. People unhappy with membership packs, they look to improve on what the fans were unhappy with from the previous season. They tried and failed, but it is something.
Prydz you are far too forgiving. There is no way the club can be exonerated responsibility for membership packs. They picked the supplier and ultimately we sign up as members of WSW not ****wits Logistics Inc, the buck stops with them.

Ffs it's round 18 and my wife and kid STILL don't have their packs. It's inexcusable.

Serious? FFS... just, I'm flabagasted

Just thinking back on this last night, yes, this is the third season that they have screwed this up. Completely unacceptable.

I was talking to a bloke who has a number of successful businesses and he said what makes a business so good & happy to there clients is not just making sure what they offer the goods or services they promise but how they fix there problems, To have three seasons of problems tells you something.

Yeah it's pretty bad that it's happened multiple seasons.

I can understand if it happens once. You pick a supplier and they screw you over. Not much you can do about it. But to have it happen year on year means the club is either sticking with the same company (which is entirely the club's fault) or they have a really bad process of evaluating and selecting suppliers and keep picking bad ones (also the club's fault).

I guess it really sticks out for me because I work for a medical device manufacturer. Of course the consequences of a dodgy supplier in that field are a bit more severe but we have to do huge evaluations before we use them, then re-evaluate them on a ongoing basis. I don't expect the club to go to that level but surely they'd have some sort of process in place to learn from their mistakes.