FFA Failure: The Sunset Of David Gallop

11 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

If you believe as we believe he has been no good for Australian football please sign this petition, it only takes a min. Thanks!

https://www.change.org/p/https-www-myfootball-com-au-the-immediate-removal-of-david-gallup-as-ceo-of-football-federation-australia

Done!

I was hoping someone would initiate this...and …...someone has!

Thanks for posting MC! :good:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/sacked-matildas-coach-alen-stajcic/embed?source=twitter&size=square&style=cover

Alan Jones chats with Alen Stajcic and has some words for Gallop

22 hours ago, wendybr said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/this-has-trashed-our-brand-gallop-faces-review-over-stajcic-axing-20190212-p50xam.html

It's a shame GetUp! probably wouldn't be interested in this issue! :lol::lol:

They'd have 10,000 by now!

Yes - it's up to over 750, but that isn't progressing as fast as would be good to see.

I don't think many people know about this site and that signing a petition can create a real change if there is enough people to get behind it.. TBH this a lot more then i thought it would be at this point :D once theres a few thousand and starts being shared a lot more on social media platforms it will pick up.. Fingers crossed

46 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/sacked-matildas-coach-alen-stajcic/embed?source=twitter&size=square&style=cover

Alan Jones chats with Alen Stajcic and has some words for Gallop

I don't think many people know about this site and that signing a petition can create a real change if there is enough people to get behind it.. TBH this a lot more then i thought it would be at this point :D once theres a few thousand and starts being shared a lot more on social media platforms it will pick up.. Fingers crossed

At least 800 signatures in 3 days is not bad. 

Maybe a few people about the FFA clauses. Just sign anonymously and it's sweet. If we get 5000 signatures whilst the inquiry and Gallop performance review, then maybe we could see the end of the MSM buddy.

Its now quite clear that the new board are just Gallop's puppets and how Fosters bid for a board spot was spat on by Gallop's toxic culture he has created as he knew Foster would make a real difference and potential take his spot.. Talk of the sacking and FFA board starts at 6.00 mark

https://player.fm/series/sen-breakfast/craig-foster-on-sen-breakfast-12022019

Football in Australia is known for its highly toxic politics at all levels, but the issues with the Board are all the fault of the CEO who came in from outside the game? Right.

I don’t mind Gallop. He seems to have built a career as a sports administrator who somehow manages to adequately handle hospital pass after hospital pass (and if he doesn’t manage it he usually takes the hit for the Board or broader organisation). The game could do a lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Generator said:

Football in Australia is known for its highly toxic politics at all levels, but the issues with the Board are all the fault of the CEO who came in from outside the game? Right.

I don’t mind Gallop. He seems to have built a career as a sports administrator who somehow manages to adequately handle hospital pass after hospital pass (and if he doesn’t manage it he usually takes the hit for the Board or broader organisation). The game could do a lot worse.

Yeah, but Trump is busy.

For the life of the A-league, the FFA's biggest mistake has been hiring ex-administrators of other sports. John O'Neill, (Rugby Union), Ben Buckley (AFL) and Gallop (Rugby League). WTF did these clowns know or understand about football and our unique culture? Under their regimes, the sport has lurched from one catastrophe to another, and none of them knew how to handle each debacle. It is why the national competition has been slowly going backwards for years now after such a positive beginning.

Surely, the FFA Board could scour the world for a proven CEO that understands the game, its culture and its fans. How could they possibly think otherwise, after the **** storm of negative publicity the aforementioned dickheads have overseen.

Football is my passion, and the Wanderers are the pinnacle of that passion. It burns my heart to see what has happened under years of delusional and blind leadership.

For the record, I watched this yesterday, and it lifted my spirits, albeit briefly. If anyone has a spare 52 mins and 9 secs over the weekend, I highly recommend it for your mental football health. It made me smile. It made me teary. It made me happy. I'm hoping Parra (V 2) will do the same.

I also hope that whoever represents us on the field next year, takes a leaf out of the mentality of players like Cole (you legend). Amazing to hear him speak like this (as well as Topor and Covic). I'd forgotten that  Haliti was so influential in that campaign. Also, look at some of the squads we put on the field (bog average) , and the conditions in which they had to endure (e.g. - playing 3 days after a grand final loss in Brisbane and then winning a game in another country). It's seriously inspirational stuff.

Great post WB, and thanks for posting that! :good:

Too late to watch it all now - but watched the first 20 mins....and I'll watch the rest on the weekend.

It feels really quite unbelievable to have lived through that.

Not sure that I will experience such heady times again - but I'm very grateful to have experienced those.

PS The look on NTS's face as his goal was mentioned - gold!!

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

For the life of the A-league, the FFA's biggest mistake has been hiring ex-administrators of other sports. John O'Neill, (Rugby Union), Ben Buckley (AFL) and Gallop (Rugby League). WTF did these clowns know or understand about football and our unique culture? Under their regimes, the sport has lurched from one catastrophe to another, and none of them knew how to handle each debacle. It is why the national competition has been slowly going backwards for years now after such a positive beginning.

Surely, the FFA Board could scour the world for a proven CEO that understands the game, its culture and its fans. How could they possibly think otherwise, after the **** storm of negative publicity the aforementioned dickheads have overseen.

Football is my passion, and the Wanderers are the pinnacle of that passion. It burns my heart to see what has happened under years of delusional and blind leadership.

For the record, I watched this yesterday, and it lifted my spirits, albeit briefly. If anyone has a spare 52 mins and 9 secs over the weekend, I highly recommend it for your mental football health. It made me smile. It made me teary. It made me happy. I'm hoping Parra (V 2) will do the same.

I also hope that whoever represents us on the field next year, takes a leaf out of the mentality of players like Cole (you legend). Amazing to hear him speak like this (as well as Topor and Covic). I'd forgotten that  Haliti was so influential in that campaign. Also, look at some of the squads we put on the field (bog average) , and the conditions in which they had to endure (e.g. - playing 3 days after a grand final loss in Brisbane and then winning a game in another country). It's seriously inspirational stuff.

How funny, I just read this now after reminiscing with this very same video tonight!! :)

10 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Thanks. You're so right, watching it certainly lifted my spirits.

On the subject of CEOs, I think getting O'Neill as the first one was a good move. It avoided the risk of bias and accusations of bias to any part of the old or new elements of football. And so signalled that things would actually be different. Plus, he was a very good administrator with an excellent reputation (wasn't he involved with the 2000 Olympics). He did better than ok as CEO and left too soon. Given O'Neill's early departure, repeating the non football choice with Buckley might have been the right decision at the time. However, his tenure, combined with O'Neill's, was too long. Then sticking with a non football choice with Gallop was just plain wrong.

6 hours ago, matty said:

Good joke. We should be so lucky, if nothing else he's an excellent administrator. 

Ah yes, I can see it now^^:

- MSM report soccer riot etc

- Trump denounces the stories as FAKE NEWS via Twitter

- Trump claims 99% of crowd incidents at football matches are caused by the police**

- Trump announces the solution is we need to keep them away from football so he will build walls around the police stations and the police will pay for them

- Trump denies he has been appointed due to the AFL and NRL surreptitiously influencing the FFA congress and board

- Trump sacks Ben Wilson, Graham Arnold, Ante Milicic, Luke Casserly et al for doing their jobs ##

- Trump announces a national survey wil be conducted to assess whether there are any signs of an anti football culture in Australia 

- When the survey and subsequent interviews determine there is, he will ...... (stuffed if I know - he isn't always predictable) 

- Trump companies build rectangular football stadiums.

- Trump as CEO appoints his cronies to schedule all matches at his stadiums and forces the clubs to agree via licence conditions

- Trump states that the attendance at other football codes is only a couple of hundred a season.

** oh, wait .....

## he's allowed to get some right

^^ actually the more I think about it - Trump for CEO!

• mack locked this topic